Newly Released Suspension & Components General

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
I feel targeted.
Lol. That tune pops in my head most times I pump up my tyres!

TBH I run about 30 most of the time. When I run less it inevitably leads to rim dings. Could I do 28, or 26? probably… maybe. But I like ploughing into rocks with reckless abandon too much.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

TBH I run about 30 most of the time. When I run less it inevitably leads to rim dings. Could I do 28, or 26? probably… maybe. But I like ploughing into rocks with reckless abandon too much.
What tyres/casings are you running @dirtdad?

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title

I run 30 front and back cos I'm a fat chunt and it seems to grip a it better for me

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
What tyres/casings are you running @dirtdad?
Currently running Hutchinson Griffus rlab (2.5F 2.4R). Stand arch rims (26mm I think - not wide)

I’ve got some Schwalbe MM/HD soft/gravity tyres to try out. But was saving them to throw on for tassie later this year or if I go do shuttles somewhere.

beeb

Currently running Hutchinson Griffus rlab (2.5F 2.4R). Stand arch rims (26mm I think - not wide)

I’ve got some Schwalbe MM/HD soft/gravity tyres to try out. But was saving them to throw on for tassie later this year or if I go do shuttles somewhere.
Well, I had to look up what an rLab was :p, but they sound plenty burly.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
eThirteen do their Grappler (~Assegei) 29x2.5" in enduro casings and an "endurance"/eBike ready compound.

Dirtworks are showing stock (and on significant discount) on their website:

Could be worth a crack.

I sort of suspect that the thicker sidewalls and harder compound might make the tyre feel very stiff though. I know that sounds a bit yeah-derr... But meaning it'd be less easy for the sidewall to conform to objects on the trail surface, side knobs deflect less so might either feel less grippy or give away a little more suddenly when right on the limit compared to an enduro/DD/tough casng with a soft compound rubber.
These ones? Seems to review very nicely!

beeb

These ones? Seems to review very nicely!

The MoPo is their stickiest compound. So same casing but different rubber.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Wireless dropper coming from Bike Yoke, looks good but need to remove the post to charge and some pedals and a bar. Be interested to see if the post will still be serviceable by the end user.

Last edited:

shiny

That looks noice

Article hints at yes:
The Reverb AXS and the Magura Veyron both need to be sent for service. X Fusion wireless has gone quiet and not much more news on the Trans X wireless.

Price will be ouch but interested to see the launched product.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Wireless dropper coming from Bike Yoke, looks good but need to remove the post to charge and some pedals and a bar. Be interested to see if the post will still be serviceable by the end user.
Decent posts. Good to see it's still got the mechanical reset lever. Not sure what sets it off but it always seems to happen after working on the bike, post gone spongy and needs reset in the garage, never happened on the trail.

shiny

Alloy One Up bar they also have a DM stem too.