Newly Released Suspension & Components General

moorey

call me Mia
Bah humbug..

(not mine, ever)
Was googling for a pic of Supernovas like my old set. Found my old set. Crown wasn’t polished, but super cool old forks.

moorey

call me Mia
What have my sales got to do with you improving the fork?
Everything in this context. I buy to ride, and make the most of what the fork already has. You buy to immediately tamper with, get internet points, and immediately sell. That’s your thang. Just sayin. #nokinkshaming

moorey

call me Mia
Shut your filthy mouth. I love buying Kten's cast offs!
I’ve done the same. He provides a valuable service to mere mortals.
I just know that the aftermarket ‘improvements’ are a waste of my money with my gronklife riding. These will probably sit on the shelf for 3 years as un-used spares anyway TBH:rolleyes:

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Everything in this context. I buy to ride, and make the most of what the fork already has. You buy to immediately tamper with, get internet points, and immediately sell. That’s your thang. Just sayin. #nokinkshaming
lol ok. What are internet points?

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Was googling for a pic of Supernovas like my old set. Found my old set. Crown wasn’t polished, but super cool old forks.
I think that site is hosted on a server from 2001... so slow!

Jabubu

Nukeproof just launched their new Horizon Pro wheelset.

Pros -
1850g - Enduro ready (allegedly) - 54T ratchet hub - shiny silver hubs

Cons -
Straight pull spokes - 28H front and rear - expensive

Price... $1,200 :eek:

I do love the silver on black aesthetic though - it'll match that new Manitou Mattoc fork rather well!

Last edited:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Nukeproof just launched their new Horizon Pro wheelset.

Pros -
1850g - Enduro ready (allegedly) - 54T ratchet hub - shiny silver hubs

Cons -
Straight pull spokes - 28H front and rear - expensive

Price... $1,200 :eek:

I do love the silver on black aesthetic though - it'll match that new Manitou Mattoc fork rather well!

If that's using DT internals with a fragile 54t ratchet, I'm not enthused. The former 102t pawl hub was excellent. They would have been better off aiming for a 2kg wheelset and beefing up the rim and spoke number.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Agree. I don’t want 28 spoke 29” “enduro” wheels. And it does look from the parts diagram that it’s the 2 ratchet (old dt design now out of patent right?).
I believe the 2 piece ratchet has been out of patent for a while. Not sure if the new EXP system counts as novel.

Jabubu

Agree. I don’t want 28 spoke 29” “enduro” wheels. And it does look from the parts diagram that it’s the 2 ratchet (old dt design now out of patent right?).
They do look good but I'd rather buy a DT Swiss EX511/350 or, Hope Fortus 30 or Arch Mk4 on Pro5 hubs (silver of course!) at that kind of money.

PJO

in me vL comy
I believe the 2 piece ratchet has been out of patent for a while. Not sure if the new EXP system counts as novel.

Yes the two piece ratchet has been around for more than 25 years.
Since the patent ran out there are a few other hubs you can now buy with ratchet systems some with higher engagement than the DTs 54:

and then there are plenty on Aliex (ZTTO do a ratchet hub etc...)

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy

PJO

in me vL comy