Newly Released Suspension & Components General

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Is the Twin Tube air spring not new?
Similar to the Fox 38 setup but I guess it's new for Rockshox. The Zeb airspring is plenty progressive so with this being even longer they needed to do something to make it more linear. More info on the air shaft and development here

Last edited:

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I’ve always liked X-Fusions stuff. It’sa shame they aren’t more popular.
They make some nice shocks but if you zoom in on the air can sticker it says warranty void if opened. So I can’t stuff bands in or service the air can? More details needed! :cool:

Jabubu

let you google that for me
They only have themselves to blame. All those years making low end stuff is hard to shake off.
Like SR Suntour I guess.

I don't know who the bigger company is but assuming it's Suntour, I'd be looking to buy Tektro, and rebrand the higher end Suntour products as TRP.

TRP Durolux and Tri-Air shock along, TRP brakes, along with their new 12sp drivetrain would make a compelling higher end build kit for manufacturers and would remove the stigma of the lower end SR Suntour brand.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Like SR Suntour I guess.

I don't know who the bigger company is but assuming it's Suntour, I'd be looking to buy Tektro, and rebrand the higher end Suntour products as TRP.
I’d say they do alright with the DVO relationship that way. Make parts. Get paid. Someone else deals with those customers.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
I’d say they do alright with the DVO relationship that way. Make parts. Get paid. Someone else deals with those customers.
I'd rather deal with higher end customers than the lower end! the point being is that higher end Suntour stuff is excellent but their brand is associated with shite product (XCR, XCM and XCT forks e.g.)

I could see a play to build out a strategy for a cohesive brand family and a way to get more build kits on boutique bikes.

Would you buy a boutique bike (say an RAAW Madonna) with a TRP Durolux fork, TRP Tri-Air 2 shock, TRP DH-R Evo brakes and TRP Evo 12sp drivetrain? I know I would (funds notwithstanding..)

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
I could see a play to build out a strategy for a cohesive brand family and a way to get more build kits on boutique bikes.
They have this already. It’s called “WERX”, and their team riders shred.

This is more high end than I want. But they do it.

Personally I’d ride SR Suntour as is. I don’t need a new logo. And I’d whack it on any frame.
(Dear SR - yes I’ll take your free gear. Perhaps we can start a new team called Suntour DORX).