Newly Released eBikes and eComponents General

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I dunno, when I was a kid I woulda gone nuts for this , I mean my bike was a 1950’s one ……

everything is relative , there is an amazing video of all the bicycles in China in giant piles as the population transistion to ev cars .

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As consumers we are very ‘ on brand ‘

my Trek e-mtb is amazing , with its Bosch motor , shima- no brakes and gears ,and the hope pro 4 hubs n wheel , oh wait , I got.a DT Swiss rear one , the Rock shox fork is a bit shit tho after 6,000kms of having the Shiite beaten out it .

if I said it was a no name brand one that gave me that much pleasure is it wrong , or just needs better marketing ?

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Having a motor has nothing to do with it, it's a bicycle with a shit spec.

I don't know why you're so upset, you have one with a great spec, go enjoy it.
Not everyone needs everything, particularly when you're starting out.
It has a bulletproof groupset, a decent frame, motor and engine. Everything else is upgradeable when you get there.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Not everyone needs everything, particularly when you're starting out.
It has a bulletproof groupset, a decent frame, motor and engine. Everything else is upgradeable when you get there.
Not having a go at you but the groupset is the least important thing here as they're cheap to replace, and Deore is a very good entry level groupset, but forks and shocks are expensive and so putting a 32mm stanchion fork and dirt basic shock on an eBike that isn't an XC bike is a joke.

The other things I totally agree with although aren't the motor and engine the same thing?

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Not having a go at you but the groupset is the least important thing here as they're cheap to replace, and Deore is a very good entry level groupset, but forks and shocks are expensive and so putting a 32mm stanchion fork and dirt basic shock on an eBike that isn't an XC bike is a joke.
I think you're missing my point.
There will be 2 types of people buying these: those that will be using them to cruise rail trails and the like, and those just getting into the sport who want an entry level bike.
Yes, a Levo has 35mm forks but is a much bigger, heavier bike. If you want a mid-power ebike, this is the entry point.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
I think you're missing my point.
There will be 2 types of people buying these: those that will be using them to cruise rail trails and the like, and those just getting into the sport who want an entry level bike.
Yes, a Levo has 35mm forks but is a much bigger, heavier bike. If you want a mid-power ebike, this is the entry point.
Yes, there are surprisingly quite a lot of "pathway riders" on low spec EMTBs. They want a full suspension bike for comfort and aren't concerned about the spec of the components. Most of these riders would hardly ever ride proper single track.

Jabubu

Yes, there are surprisingly quite a lot of "pathway riders" on low spec EMTBs. They want a full suspension bike for comfort and aren't concerned about the spec of the components. Most of these riders would hardly ever ride proper single track.
And yet the Douche Listing of the Day thread exists.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
In the olden days , a 32mm fork with 80 mm of travel was a monster downhill rig .
The technology has advance - rapidly .
I also think you’ll find there are a lot of e-mtb riders or whatever you want to call em , who ride harder and further than you ever will , up and down .
Getting out on your bike is still meant to be fun - I wish I could go more often , or be motivated enough, have more time etc .
Coz’ smashing bush is awesome ‘

Jabubu

In the olden days , a 32mm fork with 80 mm of travel was a monster downhill rig .
The technology has advance - rapidly .
I also think you’ll find there are a lot of e-mtb riders or whatever you want to call em , who ride harder and further than you ever will , up and down .
Getting out on your bike is still meant to be fun - I wish I could go more often , or be motivated enough, have more time etc .
Coz’ smashing bush is awesome ‘
It's a mystery why their carbon range isn't equipped with the Recon Gold.

Jabubu

I hate it when people accept shit forks on their bikes...
I hate it when people don't understand the premise of the argument.

You'll also hate to learn that I didn't accept those forks as I upgraded a few months later.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I hate it when people don't understand the premise of the argument.

You'll also hate to learn that I didn't accept those forks as I upgraded a few months later.
Mmm, irony.

And I'm well aware you upgraded - later on, when you had the money to and had gotten a bunch of advice on what to get. I mean otherwise you would've just bought the exact spec you wanted first right?

Jabubu

Mmm, irony.

And I'm well aware you upgraded - later on, when you had the money to and had gotten a bunch of advice on what to get. I mean otherwise you would've just bought the exact spec you wanted first right?
Fortunately I didn't spend $8,500 on it. But I'm not arguing people's purchasing choices, I'm arguing the product manager's choices. The spec doesn't match the intentions of the bike and the requirement for burlier kit because of a motor.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Fortunately I didn't spend $8,500 on it. But I'm not arguing people's purchasing choices, I'm arguing the product manager's choices. The spec doesn't match the intentions of the bike and the requirement for burlier kit because of a motor.
Why do you need burlier kit ? The bike only weighs about 7-8kg more than the non motorised version and its a half baked 50nm with a 360w battery. It may even be slower on the downs than a normal Fuel EX.

Bikes are sold at a price point and kitted out accordingly. Nothing was meant to last forever, especially on bikes. Its nothing more than the product managers dream than you come traipsing in to the shop a month later and buying new parts.

Everyone has a budget to spend, then after that, its upgrade dollars, agreed its pretty basic spec but for the riding that some people do, it could be two years or more before they even wear brake pads or tyres out.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub

I really don't get around Dangerholm and his love of Dangerholm, but we are getting into some very, very nice weights here.
Both variations of this bike would be a hell of a lot of fun at those weights.
Wow that's taking it to the extreme! :oops:

I can see that a few years down the track, Ebike weights will be in the realms of what non-Ebikes are today. It's mainly the batteries that add most of the weight at the moment.

Jabubu

Wow that's taking it to the extreme! :oops:

I can see that a few years down the track, Ebike weights will be in the realms of what non-Ebikes are today. It's mainly the batteries that add most of the weight at the moment.
Oh, it's an XC bike..