Looking for the guy that crashed on boulder YOu Yangs today.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
If someone demanded my phone to delete some film footage from, I'd punch them in the face.

I'm probably filmed multiple times per day with people's dash cams....so unless you're breaking the law or doing something immoral... who gives a shit. Too many sensitive sooks floating about these days.

Make with the stack already.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Couldn't agree more.

If some one asked not to be filmed I'd have no problem obliging. If they demanded my phone from me I'd laugh my head off.

Given the amount of cameras in daily life it's pretty ridiculous to get put out over some one filming you riding a bike.

scblack

Leucocholic
Would it depend how identifiable he is from a polite point of view? Law in Vic is you can film people in public, however not their tits, dicks or woozers, so if he didn't have his dick out, post away!

Also a lol on it looked asweome, I was expecting sympathy.
My understanding has always been that you can film poeple all you like. But cannot record sound without permission.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
You can record audio in a public place.

You can't covertly record a private conversation like a phone call. A microphone needs to be pretty close to a conversation at normal speaking level, so in a public place it's unlikely you wouldn't notice.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Ok here's the link to the footage.
Looking at it again it's not all that dramatic. But if you know the boulder you would know that film never shows how high or steep it actually is so when someone comes off in front of you you immediately assume the worst.
The fella had a pretty gashed up knee- no knee pads! And possibly a busted up shoulder.

http://ytcropper.com/cropped/0v59e281dda76c9

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
That's a decent slide! You pick up a fair bit of speed down there. Gravel for days coming out of that leg!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Having ridden the rock before, there's never a camera or video angle that does it justice.

Bit of speed there, happy healing if you see this thread.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
At least he was off the boulder. Sliding down the rock would take a bit of bark off...

Flow-Rider

Burner
Is this the same rock from the other end ? If it is that's what you get for riding a rock that looks like a bum crack.

Untitled.jpg

Flow-Rider

Burner
Thats the one, you can ride down both side on the bum crack if inclined.

It's not a high skill feature, if you go slow, but it is intimidating, I find the B line on the far right to be more challenging.
Yeah, you can see that last little drop in the rock that must of unsettled him.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Yeah, you can see that last little drop in the rock that must of unsettled him.
He came in way too hot to take that transition at the bottom which is very sharp without a heap of body English.

I think he saw the drone and decided to become famous.

mtb1611

Seymour
Quite clearly it is about protecting my intellectual property and the brand power of PinkPoodle(tm)...I just prefer people not to snapping up pics of me at their leisure. No idea or cares for the legality of filming randoms.
Your chiseled features and universal appeal were always a double edged sword!

As an aside I'm not a fan of the drone. I find them noisy and a bit intrusive. I've had them buzzing overhead at H20 and out in the surf and I find they distract me from the task at hand.

Having said that I will offer the disclaimer that I am old and was once with it, then they changed what it is and now what it is seems weird and scary.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I remember a mate of mine riding down that, after I took the B line (i'm not too proud!) He mentioned on the way down a snake popped out at him too, just for added danger and adventure.

Probably never going to ride that ever.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
As an aside I'm not a fan of the drone. I find them noisy and a bit intrusive. I've had them buzzing overhead at H20 and out in the surf and I find they distract me from the task at hand.

Having said that I will offer the disclaimer that I am old and was once with it, then they changed what it is and now what it is seems weird and scary.
Obligatory:
old.jpg