Looking for the guy that crashed on boulder YOu Yangs today.

redbruce

Eats Squid
I'm looking for the fella on the Black Trek Fuel that crashed rolling the boulder at Mach chicken at the Youis today.

My mate was filming with a drone and we actually caught the crash on film from above. Looks pretty awesome! He'll be uploading it to you tube a bit later.
Ok. I've read the thread, but why exactly does this need to go on Youtube? If this guy inadvertently wandered into your selfie, just show your selfie.

I'm with PPoodle (and Moorey and Freediver) on this (also self confessed non drone fan in personal settings, although I do use them for my (agricultural) work).

I struggle to see the point. Alert us to a risk, need for skills, point out there are squids, what? Maybe it's just voyeurism.

Anyway, your intro indicates you are waiting for approval from said "fella" before posting, that's at least considerate, well it is if your mate waits for and respects the reply.

He came in way too hot to take that transition at the bottom which is very sharp without a heap of body English.

I think he saw the drone and decided to become famous.
Yep to first point, second really?

Rant over.

Last edited:

Jpez

Down on the left!
Ok. I've read the thread, but why exactly does this need to go on Youtube? If this guy inadvertently wandered into your selfie, just show your selfie.

I'm with PPoodle (and Moorey and Freediver) on this (also self confessed non drone fan in personal settings, although I do use them for my (agricultural) work).

I struggle to see the point. Alert us to a risk, need for skills, point out there are squids, what? Maybe it's just voyeurism.

Anyway, your intro indicates you are waiting for approval from said "fella" before posting, that's at least considerate, well it is if your mate waits for and respects the reply.

Yep to first point, second really?

Rant over.
Well it wasn't my video. My mate had the drone and it's up to him to do with it what he likes. I wouldn't have put it up on YT myself but in the end I didn't see the harm in posting it here considering you can't identify the guy.
The point of the op was to see if the fella might be here and see if he wanted to see his stack. I know I would. I had no intention at the beginning to post it at all.
He was also quite aware that he'd been filmed on the drone as we all had a good laugh about it in the car park while helping out with his wounds. He certainly didn't seem to give shit.

So in the end I posted the link here for the few folks that asked to see it. Simple as that.

I'm actually with you on not being a fan of drones. I just wanted to ride not piss around being filmed but it was his new toy and it was difficult to say no.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
FWIW I have sat through a few sessions with lawyers re filming in public.
You can be filmed in public at any time without your permission but there is handful of places where you can't. Eg leaving the family/childrens court.
You can also be filmed through windows if you can be easily viewed from a public space..
But when the footage is used you have to be careful not damage a persons reputation or show their nads/poon.. As mentioned earlier.
It does become a little grey though when you object to being filmed and the camera op continues to film you above and beyond what would be considered reasonable. Like what the paps do. Then it can become stalking/harassment.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
If you pixilate the offending nads, but not sure if it would past the "in the public interest" test.
Doesn't leave much left in the pic.

He deserves kudos for his framing skills, in what I'm assuming are very awkward positions. He must also have a top notch macro lense.....

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is voyeurism wrong or immoral?
Depends what is being voyeured. Watching people enjoying a swim at the beach - all good. Singling out one person and maintaining your gaze (staring) - creepy. Popping your head over the toilet cubicle, putting a mirror on your shoes - not appropriate by a long way.