Looking for the guy that crashed on boulder YOu Yangs today.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I'm looking for the fella on the Black Trek Fuel that crashed rolling the boulder at Mach chicken at the Youis today.

My mate was filming with a drone and we actually caught the crash on film from above. Looks pretty awesome! He'll be uploading it to you tube a bit later. Thought you might like to see it.

Hope your knee and shoulder pull up ok. It was a pretty nasty crash with high injury potential so you were pretty lucky.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Someone I've never met filmed me riding my local "dirt jumps" recently without asking my permission. There were harsh words followed by me going through their phone to ensure deletion. I'd suggest some level of courteousy towards this fellow.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Someone I've never met filmed me riding my local "dirt jumps" recently without asking my permission. There were harsh words followed by me going through their phone to ensure deletion. I'd suggest some level of courteousy towards this fellow.
Would it depend how identifiable he is from a polite point of view? Law in Vic is you can film people in public, however not their tits, dicks or woozers, so if he didn't have his dick out, post away!

Also a lol on it looked asweome, I was expecting sympathy.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Agreed. Exactly why I didn't just post it up for all to giggle at. If it was me I'd be pretty keen to see it but not have it posted on a forum.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Would it depend how identifiable he is from a polite point of view? Law in Vic is you can film people in public, however not their tits, dicks or woozers, so if he didn't have his dick out, post away!

This guy rode into the frame. Pure accident that the camera even caught him and it's from behind so definately can't see who it is. I'll give the guy a chance to respond in case he is on here and then probably post a link.

Although it might end up being anticlimactic after being built up like this!

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
If someone demanded my phone to delete some film footage from, I'd punch them in the face.

I'm probably filmed multiple times per day with people's dash cams....so unless you're breaking the law or doing something immoral... who gives a shit. Too many sensitive sooks floating about these days.

Make with the stack already.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
If someone demanded my phone to delete some film footage from, I'd punch them in the face.
I love tough guys...no doubt this guy felt the same way on the inside based on body language and words. I'm not a.hostile person by nature but I can be persuasive when needed.

Fyi...I backed up my call for manners by watching this vid from pink bike. I'm not ashamed of a little hypocrisy on this matter:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2NjwbDvE9Ro

Flow-Rider

Burner
I couldn't care less if people filmed me but it wouldn't be cool posting up a video on the net if the bloke ended up in a serious condition or in a coma.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
If the footage doesn't compromise the filmed person's integrity, reputation etc, then what's the issue? People appear on TV 24/7 without having granted permission to networks; as far as I'm aware, consent isn't required.

Anyway where's this drone footage?!
Quite clearly it is about protecting my intellectual property and the brand power of PinkPoodle(tm)...I just prefer people not to snapping up pics of me at their leisure. No idea or cares for the legality of filming randoms.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Just because somethings legal doesn't make it right. There was a bloke in the paper a couple of weeks ago who was zooming in on clothed lady bits and taking happy snaps. The court said it wasn't illegal but bugger me if the pervert doesn't deserve a clip over the ear and I'd give him one if it was my partner he was photographing.

99_FGT

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Pinkpoodle had all three on display, it's how he ensures that no-one else uses the "dirt jumps"

moorey

call me Mia
Also, 9/10 times this will guarantee greater exposure, a spot on ACA, and more YouTube hits. Please don't disappoint.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Also, what level of paranoid cusswit you are. In this age, you go outside, you might be filmed or photographed in normal situations. Deal with it or become a hermit.
For the safety of our society and prosperity this will soon be the case. Facial recognition is steaming ahead.

Also, 9/10 times this will guarantee greater exposure, a spot on ACA, and more YouTube hits. Please don't disappoint.
I promise to always do my best.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Just FYI drone footage in general from most consumer sized drones is pretty hard to identify a person with unless your closer than about 10m. I had a guy confront me for flying 'over his place filming him' I was roughly 300m away horizontally and about 90m up when I flew past his place filming the opposite direction. He pretty agitated, beer in hand and was ready to swing. I showed him the footage and even did a short flight to demonstrate how even if I had been pointed at his place he would have been the size of a 1/4 pixel.

Here's an unrelated mtb clip I did with mine.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSyUZzDBVsj/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Law in Vic is you can film people in public, however not their tits, dicks or woozers, so if he didn't have his dick out, post away!

This is correct. If you're filmed in a public place, you have no right to demand the footage be deleted particularly in a 'persuasive' manner. Obviously context matters here, but riding a bike isn't a marginal situation IMO.

There are however additional laws preventing kids from being identifiable if the footage is broadcast.

Last edited: