Little Things You Love

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Holy fuck! I just looked up the price of those.
I was trying to remember, were they the ones that used to be called something like 'Braking' (brand) brakes? They were quite hard to find on Google given the name was so bloody generic!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
This could come back to bite me but...got a long email with a longer email attached from work today. A big client has dropped a reasonable complaint about a bit of a fuck up at 2 big events held for them on the same night (~700ppl at first and ~500-550ppl at second, both with a strong local VIP aspect). Most of what they have had to say is quite reasonable/valid and I felt it was coming as they had already delivered some of this feedback to me. The only staff member named specifically in all of this is of course me - "Pink Poodle was amazing (as always)". I don't know how yet, but I am going to end up under a bus for this. I can just feel it. One of my crew has already fired a very defensive "them not us" reply to the boss and his boss which reads like a 5th grader trying to avoid detention.

and of course these guys have asked me to host their next big event...this weekend. Talk about putting on the pressure.
Fired off a fucking huge harpoon today! Time to strap in and enjoy the geeeeeeeeeeees.

Scotty675

Cable thief
They are nearly trickstuff money that’s for sure. Especially when they didn’t slip through customs. Months ago I originally purchased a set of Sunstar braking in.ca.s 2 brakes, these arrived and I was informed that they had one set of the 10mm version (what I originally wanted but got sick of waiting for), so they were sent back for exchange then of course I got the dreaded email they were out of stock. I was frustrated with the process so just bought something else. I started looking again a couple of weeks ago and came across these. The levers is exactly the same as braking lever but different anodising process, these have fins machined on the calipers and the rotors have been beefed up. The brake set saves a few grams over the braking model but I was totally drawn to the finish and very intrigued to give these a go. I like brakes like @kten likes forks. The rotors are heavier but a unique 2 piece design like nothing I’d seen. Looking forward to giving these a try.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
@Scotty675
I was totally drawn to the finish and very intrigued to give these a go. I like brakes like @kten likes forks. The rotors are heavier but a unique 2 piece design like nothing I’d seen. Looking forward to giving these a try.
Interested to hear how they perform. When I scrolled down and read you post on them, I though hmmm different, never heard of them, big logos and lots of them had me thinking Chi origin.

Now knowing what they are, I'd be happy with the big logo's to stand out and speak volumes that I had a very boutique, very expensive set of brakes.

I'm a black component bloke but the finish is growing on me.

cammas

Seamstress
Finding out that your head office has free drinks Thursday, from when they hit the gong until they hit again about 90mins later. As part of development plan my boss has suggested I work from there in the future, guess what day I’ll suggest ;)
LTIH not being able to to take full advantage of it as I drove to the station, at least the 1k walk, waiting for the next train plus the 1 hour train ride allowed me to have a couple of drinks.

cammas

Seamstress
Oh yeah they free nuggets and dumplings too and not the crap from a packet either, I may have had a nugget or two, didn’t get to sample the dumplings :rolleyes:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I didn't realise that was your name...
Mr. and Mrs. Poodle as parents... how cool is that?

Hospitality is shit but goood when it's good but mostly underpaid shit.

Hat's off to youy poods
Thanks, I work in 2 rather unusual hospitality jobs for a government employer. So it's weirder than you imagine, but at least I get paid fairly and on time, plus I don't have to worry about my super not being paid.

I've encountered this enigma in the real world, I'm certain we even exchanged pleasantries, yet still...
View attachment 393642

As it should be...

Screenshot_20221021-015922.png