Little Things You Love

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Expensive lego kits that only build one thing, and that one thing sits on your shelf gathering dust is way lame.
FWIW Lego don't offer kits like that any more, it was a period in the 90s - 00s that their products became infused with too many preformed parts with a single use. They've cut down their unique parts inventory from over 15,000 in the early 2000s to something like half that now.
Yes and no. The Technics stuff is on another level. I dont have much but the Apollo 11 kit and a Volvo all terrain tipper are incredible.
What's the gearbox like on the Volvo? I bought myself that Liebherr digger thing as a birthday pressie to myself last year after finding one for a massive discount (I'm good at self-gifting). 16+ hours to build and completely freaking awesome. Annoys the cat too.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
It is really quite good. I downloaded the app to drive it around and even with the latest softs and firms it is clunky and a bit shit. Kids would love it though. I wasn't interested and it is just sitting on a shelf. Or shitting on a self. Build was pretty intense. I picked the kit up for about 1/2 price, guy was told by his wife to downsize, he already had one built. He would buy two or more from somewhere overseas through a mate for cheaper than retail here, build one and play/display, keep one new in box and sell one to recoup some cash. I got the new in box in the downsize. Mind you he showed my pics of their lounge room and there had to be close to $50k of lego built and in glass cases let alone his spare stock.

I like the Liebherr but best price I have seen is still over $500. I am thinking of grabbing one of those 1:50 crawler crane kits you see from time to time. Build it up with luffing fly to 3 or 4m. Or the model DFV Ford V8... Too much time now I am self unemployed.

slowmick

38-39"
When your trying to organise witness testing for a customer at work and you notice that one of the witnesses is Dr Craftworks (Hugh McLeay) in his day job.

Would it inappropriate to fanboy mid meeting and ask how ENR V2 is progressing?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
When your trying to organise witness testing for a customer at work and you notice that one of the witnesses is Dr Craftworks (Hugh McLeay) in his day job.

Would it inappropriate to fanboy mid meeting and ask how ENR V2 is progressing?
Yes. Report back.

Also - In my experience when I start talking about linkage design, anti-squat, anti-rise, chain growth, leverage ratios, etc... everyone around me seems to fall into some type of "white noise" induced hypnotic stupor, so chances are good no-one will ever notice if you eventually come back around to the original topic of the meeting... o_O

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I just end up buying things to make it go away.
So "part one" of the Pavlovian response training is complete, now I just have to work out how to get you to send the things you purchase to me! :p

"You will send me the Deviate..." "You will send me the Deviate...""You will send me the Deviate...""You will send me the Deviate...""You will send me the Deviate...""You will send me the Deviate...""You will send me the Deviate...""You will send me the Deviate...""You will send me the Deviate...""You will send me the Deviate...""You will send me the Deviate...""You will send me the Deviate...""You will send me the Deviate..."

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
It is really quite good. I downloaded the app to drive it around and even with the latest softs and firms it is clunky and a bit shit. Kids would love it though. I wasn't interested and it is just sitting on a shelf. Or shitting on a self. Build was pretty intense. I picked the kit up for about 1/2 price, guy was told by his wife to downsize, he already had one built. He would buy two or more from somewhere overseas through a mate for cheaper than retail here, build one and play/display, keep one new in box and sell one to recoup some cash. I got the new in box in the downsize. Mind you he showed my pics of their lounge room and there had to be close to $50k of lego built and in glass cases let alone his spare stock.

I like the Liebherr but best price I have seen is still over $500. I am thinking of grabbing one of those 1:50 crawler crane kits you see from time to time. Build it up with luffing fly to 3 or 4m. Or the model DFV Ford V8... Too much time now I am self unemployed.
If you have the money and can be bothered buying two of the same set at once is a pretty smart way to do things. Once sets go out of production they escalate in value pretty rapidly, so it can potentially pay for itself.

Is this the DFV kit?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Not sure where else to put this...

I know that bike bug and Australia Post cop a bit of hate regarding their delivery efforts, so eat a bag of sour onions you anus lipped suckers! I ordered a Shimano Saint bottom bracket from bike bug on Sunday night. That bottom bracket arrived this morning via Australia Post.

On the other hand I ordered a box of parts from chain reaction a bit over a week ago and it is sitting with DHL for the last couple of days awaiting delivery.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Not sure where else to put this...

I know that bike bug and Australia Post cop a bit of hate regarding their delivery efforts, so eat a bag of sour onions you anus lipped suckers! I ordered a Shimano Saint bottom bracket from bike bug on Sunday night. That bottom bracket arrived this morning via Australia Post.

On the other hand I ordered a box of parts from chain reaction a bit over a week ago and it is sitting with DHL for the last couple of days awaiting delivery.
Yeah, not sure what's happening but AusPost have dropped the ball somewhere, I had road bars delivered Melb > Syd in less than 24hrs.o_O