Little Things You Hate

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
LTIH
When Importing a Fork, and you know that you will probably be pinged for GST, and some Border Force BS, but the amount of GST seems excessive, and at least one of the ABF charges seems arbitary, random, or you just have NFI what it is.

The "LOL, we have your stuff...Pay us or GTFO" also bites the big one. just saying...

Still less than local price :oops:

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered

Flow-Rider

Burner
The dumbing down, and total incapacitation of the human species is almost complete.

There is no way this can end well.

Everything will be robotic in the future, I bet that is one of the reasons why there is a race to make the fastest and smallest silicon chip.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
So I usually park at the bottom of the hill and get a bit of a warm up on the first pedal up as well as time for the brain to wake up and get things working...
Today due to 100kmh winds, I decided to park up the hill away from the huge gum trees that were nearly horizontal at the usual spot, and dropped straight into a track... Huge brain fart and managed to explode my derailleur on a stump I've managed to avoid 1000times...doh... I was only about 200m from the car, and luckily a mate had a spare so still got a ride in..
Btw @beeb If you're wondering if this was your old one....yes, it certainly was.

PSX_20230415_180619.jpg

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
So I usually park at the bottom of the hill and get a bit of a warm up on the first pedal up as well as time for the brain to wake up and get things working...
Today due to 100kmh winds, I decided to park up the hill away from the huge gum trees that were nearly horizontal at the usual spot, and dropped straight into a track... Huge brain fart and managed to explode my derailleur on a stump I've managed to avoid 1000times...doh... I was only about 200m from the car, and luckily a mate had a spare so still got a ride in..
Btw @beeb If you're wondering if this was your old one....yes, it certainly was.

View attachment 398795
At least it saved your derailleur hanger...? o_O

SummitFever

Eats Squid

View attachment 398795
You need that new SCRAM derailleur that can tear the whole rear triangle off the bike.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Hard to understand the need for the warning. I have heard that many times!
Its a shocking groupset unless you splash on X0 or upwards.

GX 12 at $180 for the derailleur and $75 for the shifter is shit. It goes loose, wobbles, ghosts and the clutch is fucked from new compared to Shimano XT at an equivalent or cheaper price. Also one shift per press of the lever is equivalent to SLX 7000 and the one shift and shifting quality is under Deore 6000.

My 300km old GX 'lunar' is playing up already.

Its the next swap when I get around to it.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
People forget that GX 12spd was originally the pov-spec option, then they made SX and Nx but did nothing to improve the longevity of GX. It works well until it doesn't, which doesn't take long especially if you ride in mud..my x01 rear mech hasn't missed a beat in 3 years and I just put it on to replace the busted XT.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
my x01 rear mech hasn't missed a beat in 3 years and I just put it on to replace the busted XT.
X0 is a fair price hike above XT but 100% its a flawless groupset. The X0 12 on my SC didn't miss a beat from day one till sold. The XX1 on 'my' Trek Superfly has been 100% since 2016. Thats XX1 11 too :) and been my bike, my sons and then possibly mine again now I suppose.

Big price hike from XT to X0 and not a massive jump in quality.