Little Things You Hate

Mattyp

Cows go boing
X0 is a fair price hike above XT but 100% its a flawless groupset. The X0 12 on my SC didn't miss a beat from day one till sold. The XX1 on 'my' Trek Superfly has been 100% since 2016. Thats XX1 11 too :) and been my bike, my sons and then possibly mine again now I suppose.

Big price hike from XT to X0 and not a massive jump in quality.
Yeah but a x01 mech can be picked up reasonably cheap these days second hand with everyone going axs, and will 100% work with a Shimano shifter/cassette.. small price to pay for reliability

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I’ve been (still) running two XO1 11 groupsets since 2016 and 2018. Flawless and super long life cassettes.
When I do have to upgrade to 12spd, I’d have to choose whether to sell a kidney for XO1 mechanical again or GX AXS.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I’ve been (still) running two XO1 11 groupsets since 2016 and 2018. Flawless and super long life cassettes.
When I do have to upgrade to 12spd, I’d have to choose whether to sell a kidney for XO1 mechanical again or GX AXS.
11 :)

How bout 10 X0, probably the best gruppo ever made.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I see your 10 X0 and raise you 9 X0.... sure it didn't have a clutch but I just ran a lightweight top guide and a front ring with Tall teeth (pre NW).

Remember all of the X0 colourways......
I would still happily run that if it had a clutch. So many pleasurable rides and so easy to keep tuned.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Its a shocking groupset unless you splash on X0 or upwards.

GX 12 at $180 for the derailleur and $75 for the shifter is shit. It goes loose, wobbles, ghosts and the clutch is fucked from new compared to Shimano XT at an equivalent or cheaper price. Also one shift per press of the lever is equivalent to SLX 7000 and the one shift and shifting quality is under Deore 6000.

My 300km old GX 'lunar' is playing up already.

Its the next swap when I get around to it.
12 speed GX rear mechs work well once you do the XO1 b bolt mod to them.

XT is nice, but the shifter feel is nowhere as nice as XO1. But it has the double upshift... So they both have pros and cons. I have both on the two bikes and I'm still on the fence over which is better.

cammas

Seamstress

ozzybmx

12 speed GX rear mechs work well once you do the XO1 b bolt mod to them.

XT is nice, but the shifter feel is nowhere as nice as XO1. But it has the double upshift... So they both have pros and cons. I have both on the two bikes and I'm still on the fence over which is better.
I have done the bolt mod to a GX and a NX and they still ended up shit shifting. X01 is also twice the price of XT and I have said X0 is a a flawless group. I've owned/own SX, NX, GX, X01 and XX1.

How many km's a year do you put on this drivetrain ? If you are putting 3000 mountain kms on a GX drivetrain a year and its lasting, that's great... but in my experience on several occasions with mine, my 2 boys and replacing my 2 boys broken ones, GX and down are shit groups that will cause shitty shifting in one way or more at an early stage, whether it be looseness, bad seals and shims, add some mud, dust and even the occasional rock or stick.

If someone is doing 500 genuine mountain kms a year and saying their GX/NX is great, well that's all it's good for ;)

Last edited:

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I have done the bolt mode to a GX and a NX and they still ended up shit shifting. X01 is also twice the price of XT and I have said X0 is a a flawless group. I've owned/own SX, NX, GX, X01 and XX1.

How many km's a year do you put on this drivetrain ? If you are putting 3000 mountain kms on a GX drivetrain a year and its lasting, that's great... but in my experience on several occasions with mine, my 2 boys and replacing my 2 boys broken ones, GX and down are shit groups that will cause shitty shifting in one way or more at an early stage, whether it be looseness, bad seals and shims, add some mud, dust and even the occasional rock or stick.

If someone is doing 500 genuine mountain kms a year and saying their GX/NX is great, well that's all it's good for ;)
Yeah, to be fair it does a very long way short of 3000kms.... I run an XO1 shifter on it for the feels, and got the original mech warrantied before i did the bolt mod.

But would agree the Deore drivetrain plus XT shifter on the Orange feels a lot better quality and is faultless out of the box. Just a shame the shift feel is heavier and more agriculture feeling.

ozzybmx

I see your 10 X0 and raise you 9 X0.... sure it didn't have a clutch but I just ran a lightweight top guide and a front ring with Tall teeth (pre NW).

Remember all of the X0 colourways......
Red, blue, gold and stealth :cool:

I still have 3 x X0 10spd derailleur/shifters combos on bikes, the boys XC race bikes x 2 and my Pivot Vault when 10spd SRAM mountain was compatible with road.

9 was sweet too, just missing the type2 clutch for the 1 by invasion.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
The cyclist must have been really hard to see in the low light. If he paid rego he would have been easier to see.
Don't even joke about that. Next thing and they will be demanding dedicated cycle lanes.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Don't even joke about that. Next thing and they will be demanding dedicated cycle lanes.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
As long as they take that land from the pedestrians not the cars, pay double rego, carry more comprehensive insurance than motor vehicles, display plates, acquire a licence, dress like a delusional dickhead, are speed limited, never ever ever ever go on the road where cars belong, have brake lights installed, and (of course) leave their bikes in the garage...well then I think we can all get behind that. Ultimately that will just leave pedestrians as the last moochers on the roads, stealing all that space on the side that rego and taxes are paying for.

Flow-Rider

Burner
As long as they take that land from the pedestrians not the cars, pay double rego, carry more comprehensive insurance than motor vehicles, display plates, acquire a licence, dress like a delusional dickhead, are speed limited, never ever ever ever go on the road where cars belong, have brake lights installed, and (of course) leave their bikes in the garage...well then I think we can all get behind that. Ultimately that will just leave pedestrians as the last moochers on the roads, stealing all that space on the side that rego and taxes are paying for.
But,but,but,but, I pay me rego mate.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
But,but,but,but, I pay me rego mate.
It's no different to the people who complain about mountain bikers getting carted out of trails by an ambulance, saying that they should pay MAIB insurance to cover it, as they have to have MAIB for their (insert bogan offroad transportation device), as their taxpayer funds that pay for the rescue.
What they don't realize is that almost all adult riders would have MAIB insurance on their cars rego, so if they had an accident in their bogon mobile, the rego paid by riders is contributing to their hospital transport.