Little Things You Hate

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Single, homeless. But with a nice bike and coffee machine.

Could be worse...
Van, sick bikes (always need atleast two), good coffee machine. Fuck yeah dude!

Some girls are into that kinda lifestyle so the single thing isn’t a neccessity

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
That was the combo I was looking at. I'll be doing a ton more research before pulling the trigger. You can get a pid kit for the Rancilio for an extra few hundred bucks too. I like that with the Rancilio I can get spare parts easily and they have a great user base to glean info from.

The problem with more research is your baseline for a good machine keeps rising. I don't want to spend 3k on a machine and 2k on a grinder but that stuff does look bloody awesome, lol.
Never get a combo machine. The heat from the boilet ruins the beans in the hopper.

By the time you've fitted the pid to the Rancilio you might as well have gotten the Lelit. The rancilio chassis is mild steel and will rust as well.

My lelit was under a grand and I spent $500 on a second hand Compak A8 which is a commercial 83mm planar grinder.

The only way to improve this combo really is a DE1 https://decentespresso.com/machines. Hx and dual boiler machines aren't really suitable for a domestic setup where you are making a few coffees a day. They take 30+mins to warm up. Need treated water. Use a lot of water and power. And need descaling and lots of regular maintenance.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Here are some pretty things.

And they all have serious problems. The two manual machines have problems with seals and cracking heads. The atomic has no pressure or temperature control.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
We're both curious of your thoughts
Auto machines won't produce amazing coffee, but they will produce fairly consistent coffee. Use good ingredients and that consistency should be drinkable, and better than a pod or instant. Sometimes consistency is more important than irregularly hitting a bingo. One of my friends has an automatic machine because his wife didn't want to use a manual machine and he didn't want to be caught making coffee for her all the time.

Never get a combo machine. The heat from the boilet ruins the beans in the hopper.
Yeah the old "beans on board" technology may have saved a bit of space in the kitchen but at great sacrifice.

Mica

Likes Dirt
Stovetop.

More time and money left for riding bikes.

Thread closed...

Not sure how discussing coffee machines became a LTIH rather than LTIV??

link1896

Mr Greenfield
What are they going to do when I decline?
Knocked in the head with a serving tray. You wake up in Afghanistan with a gun in your hands and told to make your own way out.

Nothing but respect for serving and former serving members, my beef does not lie with them. Our nation going to war under false truths and out and out lies, stirring up trouble, is disgusting. There is nothing Canberra should be proud of. Johnny Howard is a war criminal in my mind for sending us to Iraq.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
And they all have serious problems. The two manual machines have problems with seals and cracking heads. The atomic has no pressure or temperature control.

Back in my day we had no need for your fancy pants temperature and pressure controls.