Little Things You Hate

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
QUOTE="safreek, post: 3219620, member: 87587"]Sweet, thought auto spell may have made me non PC[/QUOTE]

When you quoted poodle's post the post number, member: number" were missing. So I just added them. Often one or other square brackets (like the quote above) gets lost too and I have added a few of those.

If I edit for content I will send you a message to explain.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
LTIH - the need for a multitude of BB removal tools. Got the Spitty frame today. It's got Raceface BB30 bearings installed. Can't unscrew them because the Shimano BB tool is too small and the E13 BB30 tool has a different profile. FFS Raceface you twats. At least the E13 guys had the common sense to put flats on their BB cups so if you didn't want to buy the special tool (which I have) you could just use a big shifter.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Clear sky, good weather. They crashed the plane - it didn't crash itself.

There are ways to fly a plane outside the instrumentation...

Shit pilots be shit.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Clear sky, good weather. They crashed the plane - it didn't crash itself.

There are ways to fly a plane outside the instrumentation...

Shit pilots be shit.
Exactly. It’s sounding like a repeat of the Air France airbus that slammed into the Atlantic after a pitot tube iced over.

The instruments were in part giving dud readings, but a pilot worth their salt could read the whole picture. That black box has the audio of the captain coming back on the bridge less than a minute before impact looking at the situation and the instruments and just saying “fuck we’re dead”

Last edited:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
From that article suggests it sounds like more than just a blocked pitot tube. Given there seems to be multiple faults all linking back to a control unit that interprets all the aircraft positioning data, it sounds like the pilots wouldn't have much of anything to go off.

Couple that with pilots who (generally in that region) receive minimal training, and maintenance companies with very questionable standards, and it's not exactly a recipe for success...

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
From my (limited to be sure) understanding of that system, it’s still a sensor system, with the pilots still in control if they understand what’s going on. Boeing planes have the pilot as the last word last I heard.

Will be interesting to hear the final conclusions.