Little Things You Hate

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Schick Razors.

Now I know shaving companies are often fond of bullshitting us by proclaiming their technology to be more advanced than that required to stage a cyborg hoverboard competition on Mars but seriously how hard can it be to attach a small blade on the end of a stick that will actually cut hair?

I've just spent half an hour in the bathroom trying to shave with a overpriced POS that despite having no less than FOUR blades, manages to remove about as much hair (and is as pleasant to use) as coarse-grade sandpaper.

Thank you people at Schick for wasting half an hour of my time and leaving my face looking as patchy as a mole with Alopecia. May I suggest that next time you decide to design a razor, you should refrain from releasing it until the blades have been thoroughly tested out on your wrists!

Broken Bones89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Schick Razors.

Now I know shaving companies are often fond of bullshitting us by proclaiming their technology to be more advanced than that required to stage a cyborg hoverboard competition on Mars but seriously how hard can it be to attach a small blade on the end of a stick that will actually cut hair?

I've just spent half an hour in the bathroom trying to shave with a overpriced POS that despite having no less than FOUR blades, manages to remove about as much hair (and is as pleasant to use) as coarse-grade sandpaper.

Thank you people at Schick for wasting half an hour of my time and leaving my face looking as patchy as a mole with Alopecia. May I suggest that next time you decide to design a razor, you should refrain from releasing it until the blades have been thoroughly tested out on your wrists!
[video=youtube;RmFnarFSj_U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmFnarFSj_U[/video]
'nuff said

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I'm sick of people having a cry about people who choose to buy stuff online rather than their beloved local bike store. Um.....fuck off?

rone

Eats Squid
I'm sick of people having a cry about people who choose to buy stuff online rather than their beloved local bike store. Um.....fuck off?
Agreed. The LBS stranglehold is really threatening the very existence of the internet.

Registered Nutcase

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Schick Razors.

You need to go back to a more traditional razor. I used to get horrid shaving rash after using both Schick and Gillette cartridge razors.

I now use double sided razor. I bought one from here (http://www.mensbiz.com.au/) and the blades are SO cheap! I usually pay $2 for a 5 pack.

No shaving rash for me and If it feels blunt I just put a new blade in!

Last edited:

NCR600

Likes Dirt
You need to go back to a more traditional razor. I used to get horrid shaving rash after using both Schick and Gillette cartridge razors.

I now use double sided razor. I bought one from here (http://www.mensbiz.com.au/) and the blades are SO cheap! I usually pay $2 for a 5 pack.

No shaving rash for me and If it feels blunt I just put a new blade in!
I've found sticking the head of the razor in a glass filled with peanut oil works a treat for keeping a keen edge. I shave my whole head 3 times a week and a cartridge easily lasts a month now. Used to be lucky to get 2 weeks out of one leaving it exposed. That being said, I'll probably migrate to a safety razor once this lot of cartridges are used up.

Knut

Troll hunter
Fighting words! There has been a massive reality check in the last few years for shops. If you want to succeed in this industry, it comes with a fight. My advice to those who want to go somewhere.

Get in the ring...

Last edited:

M0z

Likes Bikes
I agree....

....for the last 4 years i've had to move around ALOT.... for a fair while, i really really tried to support local bike shops... in the end, i started buying stuff online, one... yes, for the price... but mainly, because believe it or not, if you are in a new area (and for a limited amount of time) it's actually really difficult to find a decent LBS! with a workshop that isn't full of old blokes that didn't know they made hydraulic brakes (shock horror!?!?!)... or charged a RIDICULOUS amount for spanner time... for which i'm happy to pay, when they know their stuff... but seriously... a helpful, trustworthy bike store that caters to the higher-end MTB'rs (and travellers!) is annoyingly elusive when you don't know the area well :(

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Piriformis syndrome. Chronic due to skeletal issues, niggly due to extra racing and training atm. It's spoiling my commuting pleasure and currently keeping me awake despite consistent stretching and magnesium.

And I've got two full days of racing two classes on two bikes on two tracks this weekend. Grrr.

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
New York... You would have thought it would be the the holiday of a lifetime but being stuck here amid the clusterfuck that is Sanddddddyyy, this place kinda blows at the moment.

Broken Bones89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My original print Cannibal Corpse Tomb of The Mutilated shirt has a hole in it. Not a big deal to most but to you old school metalers on here, it's original fucking print. I am gutted right now.
It's only been worn 3 times!!!