Little Things You Hate

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Untill you fly business class. That shit is awesome!

Yes it is, but only when you don't have to pay for the flight, otherwise it is an utter waste of money imhuo. For way less than the cost of a Business Class ticket you can get some pretty sweet noise cancelling headphones that will make the trip anywhere a lot less painful.

Last edited:

rone

Eats Squid
Yes it is, but only when you don't have to pay for the flight, otherwise it is an utter waste of money imhuo. For way less than the cost of a Business Class ticket you can get some pretty sweet noise cancelling headphones that will make the trip anywhere a lot less painful. I think the major carriers should promote flights that are free of infants/small children on the busy routes.
I think for Hach Bee the lesson to be learned here is to get properly rested and hydrated before flying. Or charter a private jet.

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think for Hach Bee the lesson to be learned here is to get properly rested and hydrated before flying. Or charter a private jet.
I work nights, not worth messing with my already dodgy sleep schedule to be out of whack at work. It wasn't from a hangover!!! :p I do have a mate who's a pilot though, hmmm.....

Knut

Troll hunter
Or you could sedate yourself, rather than the child. I don't think Keith Richards ever had dramas flying.

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
Crying children on flights. Today on two hours sleep I (to my delight) boarded a half empty plane for the ride home very pleased with my three seats to potentially nap the way home on... until two year old child and her mother board the flight... and child proceeds to emit noises ranging from strangled laughter-sounding crying, squealing and outright screaming for two fucking hours. The only half hour she didn't do this, she was allowed to run up and down the aisle and climb over the chairs.

I'm not a parent- but what the fuck?! Morning flights especially why could you not control your child in a more effective way?!?!?! Makes me think that I'd be all for being able to sedate under 5's on flights if they can't be kept amused/happy/not screaming their fucking heads off for two hours.

*braces self for RB parent explanation of how I have no idea...* but really, kids are YOUR choice and I just get a bit fucking annoyed when that encroaches on MY personal comfort. /rage.
Tough titties mate. I am a parent & one of my kids went nuts a few months back on flight. It was only when we were landing, I'm guessing his ears weren't popping. I won't forget that moment in a hurry......If it was a grown adult, pretty sure he would've got tazered.
One day when you have kids, you'll think back to the day that kid was going spacko on the plane and think fuck, it was so much better hearing someone else's kid screaming.....ha ha, good times.

why could you not control your child in a more effective way?!?!?!
Love this bit!!!! You are so ready to have kids now!

Knut

Troll hunter
I have been to Mountain Bike meetings when middle aged men would have given that little girl a run for her money. Thing is, she will eventually grow up. These individuals however...

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Tranquilizers should be mandatory for children on flights.
Again, it's my biased no-children-mind that agrees with you!

Tough titties mate. I am a parent & one of my kids went nuts a few months back on flight. It was only when we were landing, I'm guessing his ears weren't popping.

Love this bit!!!! You are so ready to have kids now!
At least yours was only when you were landing- that I would understand, ears and what not. But this went on the ENTIRE trip (minus the aforementioned half hour) constant. Surprised the kid didn't pass out from exhaustion. Once more, not a parent, but most parents I know don't let/have ways of diffusing tantrums before they reach the two hour mark.

Let me reiterate also, I have no desire to have kids- dogs are much easier to train! :D

Or you could sedate yourself, rather than the child. I don't think Keith Richards ever had dramas flying.
Sleeping pills and I don't mix, I tend not to wake up!

Genius Josh

Likes Dirt
Facebook. Well not Facebook itself but rather what it has done to my co-workers work ethic of late. This morning's discovery was the tipping point. I have drafted this email to him and cc'd management. I have provided him with the psuedonym X

Dear X
I know that it must be hard working for {insert company name here} , I too wake some mornings and lament at the decision that I made some {insert number of years here} years ago. However, there comes a time in every man’s life where he must summon the courage to say ‘NO’ to Facebook and the associated time wasting, brain dead, self pleasuring that it promotes. A vigorous wank on the change-over deck during a moderate swell and 40knot winds will yield far more excitement that the desperate hope that another human may actually care what has been served for lunch or that there were no pubes on the soap so as a corollary the day is looking up. No good can come from an incessant desire to share the intimate details and ‘antics’ of one’s white bread, 2.5 kids , dog/cat, AFL /NRL worshipping on the whole ordinary, dull suburban life with others, many of whom are complete strangers who probably don’t actually give a fuck what you are doing at this very minute. If people want excitement or motivation then they should read about the antics of The Marquis De Sade, that guy was loose.
X, to quote the lyrics from the (insert Client) theme song “I believe you can fly, I believe you can touch the sky”. I believe in you, and I have it on good authority that everyone whom you share the office with believes in you too. I believe you have the Personal Power (to quote the late Anthony Robbins, the lanky cunt who used to inspire insomniacs around the globe with his program for untold wealth, endless snatch on tap, European cars and mansions by the water) and can actually log out, power down and shut the lid on your addiction, thereby ending a dark chapter of your life. X, you don’t know it now, but you will reflect upon recent years (perhaps whilst rubbing one out on the change-over deck) and exclaim “Gee whiz…….Paul was right……why did I waste so much of my life on Facebook…….what was I thinking……………or rather what wasn’t I thinking……”. “I would have been a more productive human being as a full-blown Hep C positive Scag Addict than a Facebook Junkie.”
X, please, in the words of that douche bag Robbie Williams, who I am quoting because I am sure you are familiar with his music: “Do all you can…… to try and be a better Man”. Do it for your kids X, if for no-one else. What kind of example are you setting for them…………..what degree of work ethic are you ‘modeling and demonstrating ‘ to them. They will grow into adults too. The only positive thing I can see coming from this situation is that you will have been an outstanding role model for them to do better in life and not to become Facebook junkies.

Not meaning to sound spiteful here X ( My emotions ruled my keyboard strokes back there in that last paragraph). We are here for you brother. When you are ready to say NO to Facebook, we will be your silent sentinels’ of support.
To cut a long tale short.

Get the fuck off Facebook and do some fucking work.
Regards Paul

Good rant. How did it go? I hate the "inspiring" quotes people put up if it's so fucking inspiring why do you never fucking anything.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I'm a long legged 6 foot five inches. Farts and screaming kids are a mere niggle compared to the guaranteed discomfort of any flight.

Fuck you if you recline on me.
I'm hearing you. I avoid the displeasure of other people's company on flights by using my Ipod. Problem solved! It is only ten minutes either end of the flight that I may get a little bugged when I have to turn it off. As for the recliner in front of me? It doesn't happen, you get told straight up if you recline on me. I'll gladly go the knuckle with you on the flight if you choose to keep that recliner in place you rude beetlehead.

MasterOfReality

After forever
Tranquilizers should be mandatory for children on flights.

Haha fuck yes.

I understand how young kids can't take the pressure difference and I'm fine with that, but there is a difference between a screaming baby and a 4 year old that is acting like a little shit for the sake of it. On a flight to KL once there was a kid that started screaming soon after departure from Brisbane and didn't let up until we got to KL. I kept thinking sooner or later she is going to tire herself out and fall asleep but not this time. An eight hour tantrum. I had earplugs plus noise cancelling headphones so I didn't notice it too much. My wife was going beserk. The guy sitting in the row in front almost got violent when we landed hehe.

A few years ago on the flight to Perth, a derro woman started changing her toddler's shit smeared nappy on the seat next to her (which was the middle seat). The woman sitting on the aisle seat objected big time. More people joined in by the time the flight attendants came to see what the fuss was about.

Arete

Likes Dirt
I'll gladly go the knuckle with you on the flight if you choose to keep that recliner in place you rude beetlehead.

Seriously? You'd start a fight on the plane over someone having their seat back? Are sure you're on a plane and not still 8 years old and riding the school bus?

Having put 75,000 miles on my frequent flyer card this year I've spent a fair bit of time getting on planes overtired and in desperate need of a few hours sleep. If you don't fit in a normal seat and were too tight to spring the $30 for an economy comfort seat you can put your own seat back and deal with it.

Steal my overhead locker space for you ridiculous second "personal item" and I'm standing annoyingly in the aisle so you can't get it until they let me off the plane, however.

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I will be taking my 4 month old from Newcastle to Brisbane in 2 weeks. I hope she handles it ok, as I do not handle it very well when I feel like I'm annoying people, it stresses me out. At least it's only an hour.

Side note:
I thought reclining the seat only affected the top part, not the part that your legs take up? Anyway, I always recline. It's there, it makes me feel more comfortable, everybody does it to me, and if everybody reclines, we all have the same net space as if we all didn't.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Seriously? You'd start a fight on the plane over someone having their seat back? Are sure you're on a plane and not still 8 years old and riding the school bus?

Having put 75,000 miles on my frequent flyer card this year I've spent a fair bit of time getting on planes overtired and in desperate need of a few hours sleep. If you don't fit in a normal seat and were too tight to spring the $30 for an economy comfort seat you can put your own seat back and deal with it.

Steal my overhead locker space for you ridiculous second "personal item" and I'm standing annoyingly in the aisle so you can't get it until they let me off the plane, however.
Damn straight I get the shits over it. I see no difference in you putting your seat back on top of a person you don't know and you leaning on the person sitting next to you that you don't know. Get the fuck out of my space, I didn't pay to have my room reduced once the plane has leveled out.
In saying that, I would never consider laying my seat back knowing that it inconveniences the dude behind me. Business class maybe but that is a different paddock and not a mere $30 on top of the cattle class seat.