Little Things You Hate

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
The worst part about it is that my housemates are a pretty integral part of my circle of friends in this city. So there's a real conflict with getting pissed off at them and risking losing a pretty big group of people. It even comes down to little things that are pissing me off now, like the fact I'm the only one that ever turns the living room/kitchen/hallway lights off at night. They're basically just manchildren who's parents have done everything for them their whole lives, and now struggle to have any real kind of adult responsibility. One of them takes his washing to his folks house weekly (or just doesn't wash his sheets/clothes for weeks on end), when we have a perfectly good washer/drier/clothes line.

Anyway, I'll stop now. If I think of more stuff (I probably will), I'll post it in the housemates thread.
I thought I was the only person with a housemate who couldn't turn off lights. Or lock the balcony or front door when leaving the place. Or have discreet intercourse while i'm sitting in the living room outside his bedroom door.

I think we do need a housemates thread.

moorey

call me Mia
I don't believe you. A true vegan would mention it at least 4 times per post.
Yeah, sorry. 15 years of iron deficiency leaves me barely able to type my gospel. I'll down a bowl of spinach and return. I can do better. I promise.

moorey

call me Mia
I'm staying out of the housemate bashing. 25 years ago that was me, but everyone I lived with was as bad, so no one cared. If I confessed some of my antics, you wouldn't respect me in the morning.
I read "he died with a falafel in his hand" when it first came out, and just said "pfffft, that all?"
Apologies to past land lords.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
I thought I was the only person with a housemate who couldn't turn off lights. Or lock the balcony or front door when leaving the place. Or have discreet intercourse while i'm sitting in the living room outside his bedroom door.

your housemates have nothing on what i could write on an ex-husband thread. seriously. there's a darn good thread full of reasons why i divorced him....and i'm damn glad not all men are raised (or think) that way.

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Holy crap, that's all my housemates in a nutshell (bar 1). If I don't go around before I go to sleep at like 11pm, the tv will stay on; kitchen, living room, hallway, bathroom, outside and laundry lights will all stay on, doors will be unlocked.
I can pretty much live with a messy sink, and a fairly messy house provided I keep my room clean. But I can't fucking stand lights left on and tvs going when no one is using them.

Fuaark

Oh and also LTIH, I just made some noodles and whilst opening the seasoning oil stuff it squirted into my eye which is going all sore now.

Last edited:

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Holy crap, that's all my housemates in a nutshell (bar 1). If I don't go around before I go to sleep at like 11pm, the tv will stay on; kitchen, living room, hallway, bathroom, outside and laundry lights will all stay on, doors will be unlocked.
I can pretty much live with a messy sink, and a fairly messy house provided I keep my room clean. But I can't fucking stand lights left on and tvs going when no one is using them.

Fuaark
What's worse (although explains my flatmates actions) was when his mum stayed round for a night. She arrived in the afternoon and I went out for a ride. I came home a few hours later to find the TV on at full volume and every fricken' light left on while she had gone out to dinner.

I'll stop whinging now, but living with people really demonstrates how shit certain sects of the general population can actually be.

syphon_the_python

Likes Dirt
Poor genetics. If I have clinical depression, and a family history of schizophrenia, should I ever have children? Perhaps by the time I'm ready to procreate there will be a prenatal test for such things, in which case I will most definitely be advocating abortion. In fact, I don't think I'll ever agree to have children with a woman who believes otherwise.

Spending the whole day at uni wanting nothing more than to come home, chill out and have an early night to catch up on the negative sleep I got last night and then get called into work. On the plus side, I get paiud for it and they were talking about giving me supervisor shifts even though I've only been there for around 3 months.

jett_e

Likes Bikes
Over usage of the word "Absolutely" in any one conversation. Especially when used in response to a question when a simple "Yes" would suffice.
It's syllable abuse.

cressa

Likes Dirt
Being called boring because I don't really like to drink when the fact is I never actually get bored. Go get pissed and go get farked.

moorey

call me Mia
Absolutely.
But seriously, I haven't drunk in 20 years, and don't ever feel the need to. I can make a perfect dick of myself sober. Sick of people thinking I'm a freak or feeling sorry for me. Btw, I am, and they should, but for other reasons entirely.

Last edited:

cressa

Likes Dirt
I love the utter confusion on people's face when you tell them you're not drinking...

Dude: "Designated driver ey?"

Me: "No"

Dude: Mind blown.