Little Things You Hate

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Considering that myself... The presence of a nasty person who made malicious complaints about me and was shown the door as a result, and then hired back with the expectation I smile and work with it is not getting any more palatable.

It has been not super fun knowing that my bosses value me so much that this cutn was hired back on back of her malicious lies and I have to wear her smirking at me. I feel like my job has been stolen, and i quite like the job.
Do it! I used up heaps of sick leave in the lead up to my redundancy because I was "stressed". My GP even wrote out "prescriptions" of more fishing and mountain biking to help me relax. Dr Paul was a great man.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Do it! I used up heaps of sick leave in the lead up to my redundancy because I was "stressed". My GP even wrote out "prescriptions" of more fishing and mountain biking to help me relax. Dr Paul was a great man.
Pity about the mortage that needs a lot more paying... And the strong desire that remains to make the little fuck suffer in some way.

But as you know, the APS turns a blind eye to incompetence and malicious behaviour. I'll be made out to be the problem...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Pity about the mortage that needs a lot more paying... And the strong desire that remains to make the little fuck suffer in some way.

But as you know, the APS turns a blind eye to incompetence and malicious behaviour. I'll be made out to be the problem...
They do that so well. You should have a fuck tonne of sick leave? See the GP, I'm stressed etc, grab a week or a few days each time it is too much, GP documents it...all the employer needs to know up front is that you are unwell. Never use your certificate free days for it. And of course keep an eye on yourself to make sure it isn't eating you up. If that starts happening hit the work mental health hotline up. If they get up in your grill and start directly causing you shit hit the internal harrassment process up and they'll have to jump through the hoops. But f course management will close ranks and back themsleves up. But thats when you'll know they have felt the squeeze...those processes have a lot of hoops to jump through.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
They do that so well. You should have a fuck tonne of sick leave? See the GP, I'm stressed etc, grab a week or a few days each time it is too much, GP documents it...all the employer needs to know up front is that you are unwell. Never use your certificate free days for it. And of course keep an eye on yourself to make sure it isn't eating you up. If that starts happening hit the work mental health hotline up. If they get up in your grill and start directly causing you shit hit the internal harrassment process up and they'll have to jump through the hoops. But f course management will close ranks and back themsleves up. But thats when you'll know they have felt the squeeze...those processes have a lot of hoops to jump through.
This little fuck doesn't actually need to do a thing. She is smugly enjoying herself because she has won - she knows it and she knows I know it. So any friction is me being a problem.

The real problem is the new branch head believed her lies about me being the aggressor and didn't do any due diligence (such as bothering to talk to me or the previous branch head who kicked this moron out on her arse years ago...). But of course you know what my chances are of even getting an apology are, even though I'm pretty sure she knows she fucked up now.

Anyway, have been holding it together for a while now. But little things build up - like getting evil looks from a bloke on the work trip to Bonn where she had been hanging out with him, and me getting the evil looks the next day (if I had proof of that one, I could maybe get her fired - bad mouthing colleagues in international fora is surely frowned on!). And the smug smirks...

I know the real way is to ignore it, take the high road, be the adult, and wait for her to fuck up on her own. But its hard and this week has been one where I ran out of energy for it...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
This little fuck doesn't actually need to do a thing. She is smugly enjoying herself because she has won - she knows it and she knows I know it. So any friction is me being a problem.

The real problem is the new branch head believed her lies about me being the aggressor and didn't do any due diligence (such as bothering to talk to me or the previous branch head who kicked this moron out on her arse years ago...). But of course you know what my chances are of even getting an apology are, even though I'm pretty sure she knows she fucked up now.

Anyway, have been holding it together for a while now. But little things build up - like getting evil looks from a bloke on the work trip to Bonn where she had been hanging out with him, and me getting the evil looks the next day (if I had proof of that one, I could maybe get her fired - bad mouthing colleagues in international fora is surely frowned on!). And the smug smirks...

I know the real way is to ignore it, take the high road, be the adult, and wait for her to fuck up on her own. But its hard and this week has been one where I ran out of energy for it...

Yeah that's a shit scenario.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
This might come as a surprise to some of you...but I have been fucked over at work. After a few years of bending over backwards to make sure my business unit delivers across a complicated multiple dimension customer service framework I have been offered a new job that is effectively a demotion, except or the very small hourly pay rise.

It may come as no surprise to you that I am somewhat of an outspoken lefty with a lengthy history of staunch unionisation and representation. As such I have spent the last couple of years agitating for my employer to merge my work group onto their (otherwise all staff encompassing) enterprise agreement. Late last year I lodged a claim in the NSW industrial relations Commission about it and after a few visits there was no clear outcome, except the Commission have a fairly clear directive - resolve the issue or we will mediate. So for the last year I have been (at my director's request) a staff representative on a negotiation panel (something I have a little experience at). There was quite a few meetings across this last year and I may or may not have really pushed the "no disadvantage test" pretty hard on a few key issues, such as minimum shifts, overtime, maximum shift lengths, and so forth. At the end of all this we seemed to have come to a mutually agreeable position...except for one thing - my role.

You see I am currently part of a group of 3 team leaders. A few months ago the enjoyer showed a chart with only 2 team leader positions on it. I was alarmed, the union sought clarity, none was given "what slide?" "Only a draft" and of course "wait for the final version...", no final version came, confusion...lots of shit going down, and fuck it! I put in an harrassment claim that I was being discriminated against because of my role in he pannel. My specific work area suffers from very low unionisation, while wider business unit has pretty good density. The offer was presented and accepted, at best after it all goes through I may have some leverage for reassessment.

Now my harrassment claim was pretty straightforward - I've experienced reduced shifts and a reduction in the roles and responsibilities expected in my role as a result of my role on this negotiation pannel. After a few meetings with the director and hr as well as myself and the union it effectively came down to "oh no...there is no harrassment. I asked everyone involved and we all agreed we weren't harrassing you..." Well at least we made them wriggle I guess? Because straight off the back of that last meeting I was in another the union had no idea about where the director rolled out their restructure, to be implemented once the new contracts were in place. And his is when I saw just how fucked I was.

My 2 peers get a huge promotion and I get a demotion...not just a little one either! The offer I get is to be paid the same as any fresh face off the street. Now to be fair this is a couple of dollars an hour more than I currently receive, but that isn't always the issue. I may or may not have lost my shit and I may or may not have used phrases like "meritorious process",
"insult" and "deeply offensive". Whatever happened, i left no uncertainty that my employer no longer employs the problem solving enthusiastic leader poodle they once knew, they have a drone who is no better than any other clown at that level. Followed by turning down a few key shifts that I knew were going to be a total shit fight. So here we are.. 2 weeks running with 15 or so hours average where this ime of year is normally a out 35-50 hours a week. I then proceeded to send a few emails to make sure I burnt all those bridges good and proper, because I know how to be a problem. Rest assured I remain committed to ensuring the safety of myself and all colleagues is guaranteed above all else. Safety is important and reportable.

Fuck that's a long email about being fucked over at work! I can rest well knowing that I have achieved a good outcome for my team, many of whom are reliant on the workplace to feed and clothe their families...just at some level of personal cost.
I'm about to return to public service....and the Public Service Association..

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm about to return to public service....and the Public Service Association..
I've worked in all 3 levels of government...it's a strange world! The big consistency has been that the stronger the noon membership, the better the workplace and conditions. Currently across my whole employer the density is high, but in my work group it is low - lots of youngsters and casuals who are all going places (ummmm...sure). While I've been involved in the negotiations I've tried to keep them informed, and their eyes just glaze over. Then they whine (don't we all?) about being screwed over at work (often this is actually happening) and my ongoing advice is always "if you joined the union, we'd be able to intercede for you..." but apparently the membership form is really complicated.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Wow.

A mate was hit from behind while road riding by a young bloke that had fallen asleep at the wheel. It was early in the morning and the driver was on his way to work. Hit my mate at about 100km/h and it was a miracle that he survived.

My mate gave a witness statement to the effect that he didn't want to see the young bloke's life destroyed over a momentary lapse of judgement. The judge went easy on the guy and hopefully that's resulted in him learning a lesson for life.

I feel that actually attacking someone with a car is a little different...

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Wow.

A mate was hit from behind while road riding by a young bloke that had fallen asleep at the wheel. It was early in the morning and the driver was on his way to work. Hit my mate at about 100km/h and it was a miracle that he survived.

My mate gave a witness statement to the effect that he didn't want to see the young bloke's life destroyed over a momentary lapse of judgement. The judge went easy on the guy and hopefully that's resulted in him learning a lesson for life.

I feel that actually attacking someone with a car is a little different...
I’m cool with that so long as the driver passed a damn thorough drug and alcohol test first.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Was tired and not paying attention when I shut down the computer last night, seems it wanted to do an update. Now I have non-stop blue screens and the basic recovery tool won't work. Best week of the year for this shit.
That sucks.

I’ve a spare you can borrow if needed.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Was tired and not paying attention when I shut down the computer last night, seems it wanted to do an update. Now I have non-stop blue screens and the basic recovery tool won't work. Best week of the year for this shit.
Its a shit feeling when the main computer doesnt work. Got all your stuff backed up ?

Boot from a flash drive and do a Windows clean install ?

Ends up my BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) session from a few months back was a very rare intermittent failure of my CPU, which I initially though it was an update. I was able to delete the update with no avail, did 2 clean installs of windows... It was above my head and I took it to a computer shop, took them 10 days to diagnose correctly.
They ended up putting one of their chips in there and it fixed the issue.
They then sold me a new i9 and Intel Malaysia refunded me the cost I paid at the shop for full repair and chip. Not a straight forward process, more like jumping through fire hoops for weeks, but we got there in the end.

Last edited:

Minlak

custom titis
Can you boot into trouble shooting mode ? You can then roll back the update or use the command prompt to do a sfc scan often fixes it - otherwise rebuilding the mbr is not hard either