Little Things You Hate

MasterOfReality

After forever
So I'm doing a security course for work. The class is filled with people referred by an employment service provider, so it is pretty slow going as there is a wide range of literacy and comprehension going on. Good luck to these guys for getting in and having a go.

The shit bit is the unpleasant aroma...poor laundry skills, poor hygiene, general body odour, some dude putting down a fucking horrendous shit in the toilets first thing this morning (and it's still lingering!), and so on. It's just fucking gross. For the bonus points you bet a lot of today is made up of group work.
We had a guy at one mine site who just fucking reeked terrible. He sat in the open plan where all the juniors were allocated and you could smell him when you walked through. The mf used to stink out my office whilst pestering me with mundane questions. At first I couldn't get it as I had seen him in the laundry room doing his clothes but his orange hi vis always had that sweat/salt staining on them. One of the engineers lost her shit loudly and yelled at him to take a fucking bath or wash his clothes or something. He replied wtf are you on about I do wash my clothes.

Turns out (after someone paid closer attention to what he was doing in the laundry room) he would run his clothes through the cold rinse cycle and that was it. No washing powder or liquid. Into the dryer and done. He had been doing that for a few years.

cammas

Seamstress
So I'm doing a security course for work. The class is filled with people referred by an employment service provider, so it is pretty slow going as there is a wide range of literacy and comprehension going on. Good luck to these guys for getting in and having a go.

The shit bit is the unpleasant aroma...poor laundry skills, poor hygiene, general body odour, some dude putting down a fucking horrendous shit in the toilets first thing this morning (and it's still lingering!), and so on. It's just fucking gross. For the bonus points you bet a lot of today is made up of group work.
Reminds of Friday night, went for drinks after work at the Melbourne public standing there in the outdoor area, then bam nose full of fart. Okay shit happens but then again and again, you know it’s bad when you’re standing outside and all you can smell is someone’s rank farts, it wasn’t just bunch of blokes standing there, a few of the ladies were coping too.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
We had a guy at one mine site who just fucking reeked terrible. He sat in the open plan where all the juniors were allocated and you could smell him when you walked through. The mf used to stink out my office whilst pestering me with mundane questions. At first I couldn't get it as I had seen him in the laundry room doing his clothes but his orange hi vis always had that sweat/salt staining on them. One of the engineers lost her shit loudly and yelled at him to take a fucking bath or wash his clothes or something. He replied wtf are you on about I do wash my clothes.

Turns out (after someone paid closer attention to what he was doing in the laundry room) he would run his clothes through the cold rinse cycle and that was it. No washing powder or liquid. Into the dryer and done. He had been doing that for a few years.
Holy shit!

Back in my days at the youth centre the majority of the kids were stinky. One weekend ride group in particular just stank! Mostly BO ad bad laundry technique. The fuckers could stink up a bus the moment they got in! We would have to
Drive around for an hour or so after with he windows open to clear it out.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
LTIH.

Friends 2007 civic sedan hybrid.

Some fucker backed into it with a 4x4, hit it with their rear mounted spare tire. Boot lid outer skin crushed against the lock mech, mech is jammed.

Can’t open the lock. Popped a rear speaker out, removed the boot release cable from the drivers seat, and have tried to yank the latch, no joy.

Next trick will be a link of a chain over the latch, hooked to ratchet strap threaded around the boot to get the pull in the right direction then out the speaker hole, off to maybe the front seatbelt mount. Failing that, good 2 hours plus to get the battery behind the rear seats out. FMD.

Fred Nurk

No custom title here
So, in an effort to bring things back to the petty and insignificant shit, I bought a tubeless air blaster from my LBS, Specialized branded, when I got my new steed.

Tyres went well for ages, and I finally had need to reseat one of my tubeless tyres. Most of the time they seat ok with just the track pump, but figured since I have the reservoir, might as well use it just in case.

The fucking non-return valve has gone, and it leaks out the inlet. Its probably only been used a 1/2 dozen times, its well out of warranty, and its non-repairable. Specialized must have known it was shit as its no longer even showing as a product on their webpage. Fuckers.

I can't ride at the moment, so this thing only occasionally torments me when I walk past it in the garage, as a reminder.
So... As an update, can't remember when I did this, but ended up taking the air reservoir back to the local Specialized dealer. After a bit of fucking around (you've lost the schrader valve in it... and other awkward assertions) they contacted Specialized who agreed to warranty the thing immediately. Only catch was that they don't make them anymore so I ended up with store credit instead. Great result both from the local Bike Shop and Specialized, which certainly surprised me.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Other car left fake details, and the owners insurance excess is high enough to warrant a few hours trying, plus they have long covid and all this is massively adding to their stress levels. I’ll throw another hour or two at the challenge before giving up, advice is to not touch the battery assembly and associated components, it’s old and good chance more issues will rear their ugly head if I touch it.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Other car left fake details, and the owners insurance excess is high enough to warrant a few hours trying, plus they have long covid and all this is massively adding to their stress levels. I’ll throw another hour or two at the challenge before giving up, advice is to not touch the battery assembly and associated components, it’s old and good chance more issues will rear their ugly head if I touch it.
Won't need to worry about the dinted bootlid if the entire car is a puddle of metal on the ground. :p

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
LTIH - People being dickheads. Went for a quick lunch time ride (LTIL with WFH) along the bike track and was waiting at some pedestrian lights to cross. MAMIL heading the other way decides he doesn't need to wait and so crosses on the red because waiting is just too hard. Tradie in his ute (who was clearly going faster than the 40kph speed limit), despite being nowhere near the MAMIl by the time he'd crossed decided that only was the horn required for this not-even-close-to-a-near-miss incident, but also the window needed to go down and an absolute foul mouthed serve given to the MAMIL, cyclists in general and whatever else he felt like venting about.

Also, Deity pedals and not being spanner friendly. Wanted to swap pedals but I clearly over-tightened and I don't have a allen key with nearly enough length to get the leverage I need :mad:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
LTIH - People being dickheads. Went for a quick lunch time ride (LTIL with WFH) along the bike track and was waiting at some pedestrian lights to cross. MAMIL heading the other way decides he doesn't need to wait and so crosses on the red because waiting is just too hard. Tradie in his ute (who was clearly going faster than the 40kph speed limit), despite being nowhere near the MAMIl by the time he'd crossed decided that only was the horn required for this not-even-close-to-a-near-miss incident, but also the window needed to go down and an absolute foul mouthed serve given to the MAMIL, cyclists in general and whatever else he felt like venting about.

Also, Deity pedals and not being spanner friendly. Wanted to swap pedals but I clearly over-tightened and I don't have a allen key with nearly enough length to get the leverage I need :mad:

I reckon that tradie probably had a suitable tool in the back of their ute...

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Tried using a ring spanner as extender? (Be aware, the Allen key may not endure this treatment if not good quality, and you will almost certainly put a dint in the ring of the spanner)
No but I will. Happy to sacrifice a crappy allen key for the greater good! Thanks

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I have to fly jetstar to sydney to meet an international connection in October.... And because theyre shit the luggage isn't being routed so i have to get the bike bag, trek across to international and recheck it in again. Have 4.5 hours between flights assuming Jetstar leaves hobart on time and im nervous...

Virgin are also flying but because we have to book with Qantas business travel im not allowed to use that flight. sigh.