Little Things You Hate

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So I'm doing a security course for work. The class is filled with people referred by an employment service provider, so it is pretty slow going as there is a wide range of literacy and comprehension going on. Good luck to these guys for getting in and having a go.

The shit bit is the unpleasant aroma...poor laundry skills, poor hygiene, general body odour, some dude putting down a fucking horrendous shit in the toilets first thing this morning (and it's still lingering!), and so on. It's just fucking gross. For the bonus points you bet a lot of today is made up of group work.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
So I'm doing a security course for work. The class is filled with people referred by an employment service provider, so it is pretty slow going as there is a wide range of literacy and comprehension going on. Good luck to these guys for getting in and having a go.

The shit bit is the unpleasant aroma...poor laundry skills, poor hygiene, general body odour, some dude putting down a fucking horrendous shit in the toilets first thing this morning (and it's still lingering!), and so on. It's just fucking gross. For the bonus points you bet a lot of today is made up of group work.
If the RTO's are going to run these courses for paying customers and employment service's at the same time, they should send out a LLN survey before hand to gauge Language, Literacy and Numeracy for all attending.

Nothing worst than doing a mind numbing course and have the class half full of chimps... unless you are getting paid overtime rates for watching the circus.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
If the RTO's are going to run these courses for paying customers and employment service's at the same time, they should send out a LLN survey before hand to gauge Language, Literacy and Numeracy for all attending.

Nothing worst than doing a mind numbing course and have the class half full of chimps... unless you are getting paid overtime rates for watching the circus.
Oh everyone involved had to pass a literacy and numeracy test before enrolment. I have suspicions about how hard the test was. Your Half full assertion is generous.

Sadly just paid the normal rate. Unfortunately all the guys in the course are not being which doesn't help their enthusiasm for getting it done.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Oh everyone involved had to pass a literacy and numeracy test before enrolment. I have suspicions about how hard the test was. Your Half full assertion is generous.
The other part of this is actually doing something about the LLN test results. Enjoy the show :p

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Microsoft Windows. Work in it all day every working day, and after 20 years I just keep hating it more and more...

Why do people tolerate such poorly designed and glitchy shit? I don't get it...

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
What, you mean computers that actually work...? Yeah, that sounds terrible...
Computers that are more expensive and locked down to specific hardware in order to use an OS with less available software

-or-

Computers with a wide range of hardware compatibility and a free OS that has a similarly wide range of idiosyncrasies and bugs and also less available software

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Haakon

Computers that are more expensive and locked down to specific hardware in order to use an OS with less available software

-or-

Computers with a wide range of hardware compatibility and a free OS that has a similarly wide range of idiosyncrasies and bugs and also less available software

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Which is why government IT systems using the latter pisses me off. We dont need the " wide range" of software, we need stability to do our fucking job with a limited and set number of functions. So why the fuck am I having to deal with outages/crashes/glitches/bugs and general shitness that I "might" be willing to deal with if I was doing something odd or bleeding edge....

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Which is why government IT systems using the latter pisses me off. We dont need the " wide range" of software, we need stability to do our fucking job with a limited and set number of functions. So why the fuck am I having to deal with outages/crashes/glitches/bugs and general shitness that I "might" be willing to deal with if I was doing something odd or bleeding edge....
Because you're in Tasmania??

Does @Lucaw need to come around and help you with the new fangled technology?

Haakon

Because you're in Tasmania??

Does @Lucaw need to come around and help you with the new fangled technology?
No, it may well be a function of the muppets setting up and maintaining the network. Its been 15 years at least since I spent any time on a windows machine I had any control over... Microsoft products have not featured in my personal world in that time.

Haakon

Or not being able to open an excel file from an email attachment without an error popping up saying I dont have enough memory to open it...