Little Things You Hate

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Inspection report on my house in Hobart after the tenants left… They won’t be getting their bond back, and I’ll have to claim on my insurance to cover the damage. Sigh
Sadly no… Seems we are not covered for animal damage. Most of it is from them locking their dog in rooms and it scratching and chewing the shit of out of walls and doors trying to get out. Fucked up - and it damaged my house.

Fuck dude...I've been there. Fortunately in my case the assessor agreed that they couldn't be completely certain it was pet damage. The tenants had slashed all the fly screens and there was some damage that liked like chopping with a knife that got me over the line. My tenants were not permitted to have pets yet somehow "hid" a dog and 3 sizable bird cages from my not very observant agent. Though it sounds like you have already told the insurer that the damage is pet related? At the time I think I could have (if necessary) pursued the tenants for the expenses etc, but that would have been a lost cause. good luck.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Fuck dude...I've been there. Fortunately in my case the assessor agreed that they couldn't be completely certain it was pet damage. The tenants had slashed all the fly screens and there was some damage that liked like chopping with a knife that got me over the line. My tenants were not permitted to have pets yet somehow "hid" a dog and 3 sizable bird cages from my not very observant agent. Though it sounds like you have already told the insurer that the damage is pet related? At the time I think I could have (if necessary) pursued the tenants for the expenses etc, but that would have been a lost cause. good luck.
Ignorance on my part re the policy cover. Didn’t check and assumed - we allowed them to have a dog.

I’m going to have a go at the agent over that - it’s their job to know this shit and tell us when they asked if the tenants request for a dog was ok.
Agent has reported it as dog damage already.
Hopefully at least the gouges in the brand new polished floors will be covered! Theyll all have to be sanded and lacquered again.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Ignorance on my part re the policy cover. Didn’t check and assumed - we allowed them to have a dog.

I’m going to have a go at the agent over that - it’s their job to know this shit and tell us when they asked if the tenants request for a dog was ok.
Agent has reported it as dog damage already.
Hopefully at least the gouges in the brand new polished floors will be covered! Theyll all have to be sanded and lacquered again.
Your insurance agent or real estate agent? I'm not their knowledge crosses over...

Jpez

Down on the left!
Sitting in my ute in the Bunnings car park eating some food. A guy gets in his car next to mine and I hear and feel thunk. The prick has just slammed his door into mine. Hard. It’s pretty dark and he doesn’t realise I’m in there. I sit for a second and he starts to get in his car like nothings happened and I can see he hasn’t even bothered to see if my door is damaged.
I jump out and confront him. He nearly has a heart attack and jumps a foot into the air as he didn’t realise anyone was in the car. Starts blabbering how it’s Okay as there is no mark. And unbelievable there isn’t.
I just stare at him like I want to kill him and then get back in my car without a word. partly because my mouth was full of sandwich but nothing worth saying to the asshole anyway.
shithead.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Sadly no… Seems we are not covered for animal damage. Most of it is from them locking their dog in rooms and it scratching and chewing the shit of out of walls and doors trying to get out. Fucked up - and it damaged my house.
This is why the Govt won't house them, I see stuff like this time and time again.

Haakon

This is why the Govt won't house them, I see stuff like this time and time again.
Although it’s occurred to me we approved a snall cute little spaniel thing, these are big gouges and a long way up the door - not a small cute spaniel. So might be argue this should be covered….

Haakon

Meh, I’m not really freaking out like Kirsty is, it’s all fixable with a sander/filler/paint. Good excuse to buy some new toys I mean tools :)

Flow-Rider

Burner
Although it’s occurred to me we approved a snall cute little spaniel thing, these are big gouges and a long way up the door - not a small cute spaniel. So might be argue this should be covered….
I'm not sure if the law was passed but they were looking at letting tenants have pets without permission, except for strata buildings and there being not enough room for the type of animal. There's F. all you can do anyway, tenants get caught with pets by the property manager, hide them for 2 weeks then bring them back. Just hope you have enough bond to repair the damage, and they're not lowlifes, but they have 1st option to self repair (repair as close as possible to previous) not to the condition of a new house.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Messaging your boss you are taking carers leave….then pulling up beside him at the lights, loaded up with bikes and bags….
That's gold.

I live too close to work to pull dodgy sickies anymore (LTIH?). Last one I nearly pulled (but then took annual leave instead), I bumped into my boss at a Good Guys store. He fully yelled out to me from halfway across the store. Dodged a bullet that day.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Meh, I’m not really freaking out like Kirsty is, it’s all fixable with a sander/filler/paint. Good excuse to buy some new toys I mean tools :)
Geee, feel sorry for you to have to put up with all of that before you move in.

My mind boggles how some people live the way that they do.

Hope it all gets sorted with minimal cost and headache.

moorey

call me Mia
That's gold.

I live too close to work to pull dodgy sickies anymore (LTIH?). Last one I nearly pulled (but then took annual leave instead), I bumped into my boss at a Good Guys store. He fully yelled out to me from halfway across the store. Dodged a bullet that day.
It’s not really that dodgy, I’ll be caring for Felix and Quinn while the get a few practice runs in at Beauty.
I’ve got a lot of flexibility in my role, and it’s not like I said I’m sick. He knows I’ll be doing some days In the upcoming school hols that I’m not required to I would have told him my plans if I’d seen him round the office yesterday….but I think he’d skived off. I work for Kreuger Industrial Smoothing.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
It’s not really that dodgy, I’ll be caring for Felix and Quinn while the get a few practice runs in at Beauty.
I’ve got a lot of flexibility in my role, and it’s not like I said I’m sick. He knows I’ll be doing some days In the upcoming school hols that I’m not required to I would have told him my plans if I’d seen him round the office yesterday….but I think he’d skived off. I work for Kreuger Industrial Smoothing.
[Reference not found] o_O

cammas

Seamstress
Messaging your boss you are taking carers leave….then pulling up beside him at the lights, loaded up with bikes and bags….
Went for a walk last night and ran into one of the guys from work as he and his son were practicing their golf swing by hitting balls into the empty paddock. He looks at me and smiles saying just getting over the flu as he had chucked a sickie the day before he starts his five days off cycle for their 12 hour shifts.

moorey

call me Mia
Filled up with diesel in Ballarat before heading off to Mt Beauty. 195 was the best it’s been for a while. Hit the highway and see 185 on the freeway servos. Sweet, must be dropping.
Get on the Hume the other side of Melbourne, all back to 215-235 again. Utter chunts.