Little Things You Hate

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Boomer alert.

The parts dudes at car dealerships used to know every part and every number off the top of their heads, or could find it in a manual in 30 seconds...

I just spent 30 minutes on the blower with the Toyota dealership chasing a vent control cable for a 2013 Hilux. The dude literally had NFI what I meant.
"you mean the heater dial?"
No, the dial to divert air to windscreen/face/feet etc.
"oh, the fresh/recirculated air controller?'
No, vent controller.
"Where is it, I don't know what you mean"
On the dash beside the heat/cool dial and the fresh air controller.
"I'll get a manual........Oh, you mean the heat/cool dial?"
No, the vent control. It's the left dial. There's only 2 dials
"It's a slider, not a dial"
No, that's the fresh/recirculated air control.
"Is it on your left, or left looking in from the windscreen?" (WHAT THE FUCK?)
Left side when you're in the cabin. Passenger side

15 minutes later...

"ok, you mean the vent control dial"?
Yes please. Just the cable, not the dial.
"Done, I have one right here, too easy"

Too easy? My Christ!
Hahahaha

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Boomer alert.

The parts dudes at car dealerships used to know every part and every number off the top of their heads, or could find it in a manual in 30 seconds...

I just spent 30 minutes on the blower with the Toyota dealership chasing a vent control cable for a 2013 Hilux. The dude literally had NFI what I meant.
No, vent controller.

15 minutes later...

Too easy? My Christ!
Ring back and order sparking plugs for the D4D.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Boomer alert.

No, vent controller.

15 minutes later...

Too easy? My Christ!
Try getting some clutch friction disks for a husqvarna that has the exact same motor as a ktm.
“It’s the same clutch as a ktm EXC”
“Leave it with me I’ll call you tomorrow”
two days later
“Yeah we have them in stock”

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Elon Bezos brought the vaccine back from outer space in his space X Tesla V16 and it is the key to ending our devotion to fossil fuels. Done.
What is it with these modern day flower power fwits that are part of the Elon Musk travel to another planet cult? Has anyone seen Mars? If it's "the future of humanity" then we are faarrrked. Also, I've got the laws of physics and the distance to the nearest star system on a conference call and they are both pretty adamant that we are never making it to another star, let alone another habitable planet.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
LTIH. Topic for online learning check in for my grade one kid this morning. Wait for it.
“What did you do on the holidays?”
Like they all have amazing tales of watching screens, iPads and trips to the same fucking park we’ve been going to every damn day for the last 18months. Fuuuuck.
some kid is now talking about “going to McDonald’s and playing with her barbies. FFS. it’s like some cruel joke.
Don't fucking dis Barbie ok.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
JFC I just realised I have one of those stupid "ice breaker" meetings with questions and I have to pretend I'm an interesting person. What are some random questions anyone's found useful for this stuff?

Also, can't I just do work instead? Ugh.
How about "how long did you say you have you been out?"

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
There is a solid argument that because employers have to provide a safe workplace vaccination is part of that.
That is roughly the line my employers have taken. The workplace must be safe for all staff, clients, customers, arseholes who wander past, and so on. At one of those of jobs (the "essential" one) there is direct contact with around 15 vulnerable people each day and indirect contact with about 100 vulnerable people. It seems pretty straightforward to me - if I want to work in that role I need to do my part for making sure those people are as safe as possible. If not, I can get work elsewhere.

I can't drive a car without, enter a small space, operate a forklift, administer medication, own a gun, teach a class, deliver a baby, work with children, fly a helicopter, and a lot of other things without having to meet a government mandated requirement and plenty of people don't seem to have a problem following those authoritarian overreaching fascist dictatorship rules...

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
LTIH. Topic for online learning check in for my grade one kid this morning. Wait for it.
“What did you do on the holidays?”
Like they all have amazing tales of watching screens, iPads and trips to the same fucking park we’ve been going to every damn day for the last 18months. Fuuuuck.
some kid is now talking about “going to McDonald’s and playing with her barbies. FFS. it’s like some cruel joke.
It's the governments secret ploy to find the lockdown rule breakers haha.
Funny hearing the honest accounts of weekends by kids during my son's similar school sessions.
"I visited my cousin's" "We met up with Johny, Sharron and Jess at the park" "Grandma came over to visit" lol

Flow-Rider

Burner
Boomer alert.

No, vent controller.

15 minutes later...

Too easy? My Christ!
The longer they're on the phone with you, the less work they need to do.
It's part of why I left the industry, you have to deal with these chunts at least 5 times a day, then after you've quoted the job and set time aside to complete the work, the wrong part turns up.

Ring back and order sparking plugs for the D4D.
PCV valve hose. ;)

Flow-Rider

Burner
This is the unsanctioned cowboy shit that got ClubMud locked out of building and racing at Nerrina for years back in the early 00’s. :(
Pretty much the same happened up here, all the races are held out of the Brisbane city council shire, you just mention any related DH type trail and they go into full attack mode.