Little Things You Hate

cammas

Seamstress
Fuzz butt, puss, fat cat, Zahra, she responds to most names. She's a Tiffanie. Fucking cool cat, acts like a dog when it comes to giving & receiving affection. Hates it when we leave the house.
One of our rescue kittens is similar and earned the nickname of Catdog, especially when she plays fetch, usually with something small like lolly wrapper etc
This time of year she turns into a crack head as soon as you start unwrapping an Easter egg she is all up in your business waiting for you to throw it so she fetch it and bring it back, will do it until she or you get tired still freaks everyone out when they watch her do it.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Fuzz butt, puss, fat cat, Zahra, she responds to most names. She's a Tiffanie. Fucking cool cat, acts like a dog when it comes to giving & receiving affection. Hates it when we leave the house.
I'll swap you for our cat. Pretty much the opposite of everything you have in a cat and I wanted in a cat. I still don't how I got it so wrong.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I understand your feeling also and agree with a lot of it. I just think the outdoor cat shaming argument isn’t clear cut in a city like Melbourne with it’s doze anything and everything for new stuff attitude..
Clear cut for me - I don't agree with either! :p

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'll swap you for our cat. Pretty much the opposite of everything you have in a cat and I wanted in a cat. I still don't how I got it so wrong.
My sister has a cat that hates being touched or picked up. Doesn’t catch any anything like mice or rats (birds).. I kinda wonder

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
My sister has a cat that hates being touched or picked up. Doesn’t catch any anything like mice or rats (birds).. I kinda wonder
My cat must visit her then. Doesn't catch anything either. Nearly vegetarian actually. Barely eats meat. Only biscuits as long as they are no older than 5 minutes out of the bag.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Yeah were with Shannon's had issue's with one male staff member on their claims line but the other couple we spoke to were good. Police report, witness statement and insurer are all backing her claim and it has been confirmed she is not at fault.
Have a hire car but it's just disappointing to have to get a pretty much as new car repaired and it wont be the same.
First world problems, the kid on the bike is going to be in a world of hurt literally and financial as a result. I do feel for him. Can only just afford the Ducatti but not insurance, it's often unfortunate experience and maturity only come with age.
Insurance is only theoretically optional. too many random things happen to go without it. Unfortunate, but as @Ultra Lord said, he is a frikken dumbarse.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
I understand your feeling also and agree with a lot of it. I just think the outdoor cat shaming argument isn’t clear cut in a city like Melbourne with it’s doze anything and everything for new stuff attitude..
Disagree 100% The reason my area and many others in Melbourne are lacking things like frogs,skinks and small birds is from cats. If you want to argue against that you're wearing blinkers and can't face facts.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Disagree 100% The reason my area and many others in Melbourne are lacking things like frogs,skinks and small birds is from cats. If you want to argue against that you're wearing blinkers and can't face facts.
Sure so it has nothing to do what us humans do? You know like how we remove mature trees, hedges and shrubs (that small birds love), ground covers/lawns (the skinks love) and all the runoff from our hard surfaces that contaimate our waterways.. Our use of herbicides, insecticides, chemicals and poisions. Our plastic lawns, concrete and outdoor spaces void of substantial vegetation because the developers have squeezed block sizes down to postage stamps. Yep none of that contributes at all to the lack of biodiversity...
You know what also contributes, owning a cat and to a lesser extent a dog..
If you think it’s 100% the cats fault then I reckon you might be the one with blinkers..
note - every area is different in Melb and as I mentioned several times cats should not be outside in environmentally sensitive areas ie parts of the yarra ranges, nillumbik etc..

Freediver

I can go full Karen
I've planted lots of bird attracting plants in my yard. The neighbours cats do their best to ruin my plans and spend significant time hunting in my yard but I guess you think that's acceptable because other things are also bad. Of all the things you mentioned cats are probably the worst. Any cat off its owners property should be fair game in this country.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Sure so it has nothing to do what us humans do? You know like how we remove mature trees, hedges and shrubs (that small birds love), ground covers/lawns (the skinks love) and all the runoff from our hard surfaces that contaimate our waterways.. Our use of herbicides, insecticides, chemicals and poisions. Our plastic lawns, concrete and outdoor spaces void of substantial vegetation because the developers have squeezed block sizes down to postage stamps. Yep none of that contributes at all to the lack of biodiversity...
You know what also contributes, owning a cat and to a lesser extent a dog..
If you think it’s 100% the cats fault then I reckon you might be the one with blinkers..
note - every area is different in Melb and as I mentioned several times cats should not be outside in environmentally sensitive areas ie parts of the yarra ranges, nillumbik etc..
Our local waterways in Brisbane are full of carp and tilapia, tilapia are prolific breeders, adapt really well to water changes and compete with a lot of natives.

Last edited:

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've planted lots of bird attracting plants in my yard. The neighbours cats do their best to ruin my plans and spend significant time hunting in my yard but I guess you think that's acceptable because other things are also bad. Of all the things you mentioned cats are probably the worst. Any cat off its owners property should be fair game in this country.

In your yard grow some large eucalypts that will attract currawongs to nest. I have a pair the come every year and swoop the shit out of any neighbours cat who steps foot in my yard..
I have a large mature garden with heaps of hedges, mature trees and plants. It’s a bird paradise.. I don’t have any small birds either because of the plague numbers of wattle birds and minors that drive them out. The cats don’t even get a look in..