Formula One world championship

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I presume that they will keep Charles which is dumb because Carlos is the one who can develop the car despite his lapses in judgement. Be interesting to see how this pans out across the paddock. McLaren are the only ones locked in with two drivers as far as I know.
Yep Carlos is out. At a guess he'll replace any underperforming driver at another mid-level / top team but it's hard to see it as anything but a downgrade for him unless some miracle happens and he gets Perez's seat. Note Ricciardo stans already think he's going to get Hamilton's empty chair :rolleyes:

Weird move for Hamilton imo. Either he's just after a new challenge and doesn't care about any more WCs (like Raikkonen moving to Sauber) or he's pulling some idiot savant shit the rest of us can't see - perhaps similar to when he switched from Mclaren to Mercedes and everyone thought he was insane.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
lewis has often said if was a childhood dream to drive for ferrari, why not tick that off the list, hes done pretty much everything else.

its good to see this start a thorough shake up of the drives market, might shake a few spots loose for some exciting younger drivers. Beaman, antonelli top that list so far. Dont think pouchaire showed enough to get much interest, one win despite winning the title says reliable but not a top end prospect in a crowded space

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
He probably thinks Merc don't have another championship in them for tge time he wants to drive so why not Don the scarlet. Merc won't pick up Daniel. They will focus on George and put a young gun in the second seat. They may steal Liam! Maybe somehow.

madstace

Likes Dirt
It's definitely set the cat amongst the pigeons. I think it was now or never for him, odd timing of the announcement given we haven't kicked off this year. Shame for Carlos, but he has been linked to Seidl to spearhead Audi's campaign, could be a good move. Personally I'd love to see Albon get the call up, he thoroughly deserves it and would be another fuck you to the Red Bull camp. Hopefully the musical chairs also ensures Liam Lawson gets a full time seat, sooner rather than later.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Oooohhhh snneeeeky fuck

But , it’s big business . Big risks big rewards .

I vote for he woke up and said ‘fk , y not ‘ ….. dressed in crocheted man ‘ jarmies

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
will ferrari let lewis turn up in his wide ranging wardrobe or will he be forced intro company polo shirts?

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Place yer bets folks, here is mine:

- Carlos to audi, possibly be a seat warmer for a lower tier team for one season (possibly AM) and then development for the next to get the car ready. His old man kicked a huge goal in dakar I can't imagine this is not insignificant.
- Albon to get the merc seat
- DR to RB before the end of the year, Checo to leave early for whichever team opens for him.
- Rekon Stroll has had enough and might create an opening, maybe checo? Can't see AM picking up a rookie IF they keep alonso.
- Rekon Alonso might hang up the gloves end of contract. This leaves a gaping experience hole in AM though which is why sainz in there as an interim measure could be good.
- As for the lower tier teams, no idea. I don't really follow the rookies too much since piastri era.

Long shot: danica Patrick for the RB seat for Max. Since nothing else is really stopping him....

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Place yer bets folks, here is mine:

- Carlos to audi, possibly be a seat warmer for a lower tier team for one season (possibly AM) and then development for the next to get the car ready. His old man kicked a huge goal in dakar I can't imagine this is not insignificant.
- Albon to get the merc seat
- DR to RB before the end of the year, Checo to leave early for whichever team opens for him.
- Rekon Stroll has had enough and might create an opening, maybe checo? Can't see AM picking up a rookie IF they keep alonso.
- Rekon Alonso might hang up the gloves end of contract. This leaves a gaping experience hole in AM though which is why sainz in there as an interim measure could be good.
- As for the lower tier teams, no idea. I don't really follow the rookies too much since piastri era.

Long shot: danica Patrick for the RB seat for Max. Since nothing else is really stopping him....
Not bad. If Checo goes Daniel will take over for the remainder of the season plus 2025. I reckon Red Bull know how toxic the garage is for a young driver and they won't want to poison Liam. Carlos might go straight to Alfa and have a year to transition, who knows. He is the best tactician in the circus and can think in real time which is something Charles cannot. AM will depend on whether daddy Stroll keeps control of the team.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Not bad. If Checo goes Daniel will take over for the remainder of the season plus 2025. I reckon Red Bull know how toxic the garage is for a young driver and they won't want to poison Liam.
Also Daniel likes his car set up very similarly to Max (sharp entry and oversteery) so there'll be some enthusiasm to just design the car around Max again and let Riccardo get on with it. Plus he's one of the few people in the world Verstappen seems to actually like.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There is zero chance of DR at Red Bull in a driver's seat. He's not fast. Maybe he'll go there to teach Max how to be likeable