Formula One world championship

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
tried watching the F2 sprint on saturday only for ti to be red flagged on the first lap then delayed until abandoned as it would run into the time for F1 qualifying. watched the weather dominate F1 race until it was red flagged and couldnt stay awake for any restarted.

perez got a 15 second lead when he got onto inters early when the rain first hit, you'd think he was on the slicks still as max caught him up and 3-4 seconds a lap after finally changing. but perez wasnt stupidly slow the rest of the race. hard to figure out what is going on with that guy.

Last edited:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Race was interesting. Some lousy strategy decisions and based on the radar they should have known better. Checo is a bit of an odd one. He is managing to finish up where redbull want but the process? Some good passes in the race and Oscar has a level of confidence that is great to watch. Still no idea how Max got away with failing to leave a car width early on but you know, whatever... Sainz pushes the envelope too.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Some very pretty lipstick for a pig.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
Sad but true. Interesting how long Ferrari let Charles and Carlos slug it out. And it pisses me that HRH Lewis completely fucked Oscar's race and gets a paltry 5s penalty and oops Albon happens to be harvesting on the main straight and Lewis sneaks past and keeps his position. Grrrr.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Follow up... given the statutory 5 sec penalty for leaving the track and gaining an advantage Lando could have kept going after bypassing the first chicane and just build a buffer to Alex given the McLaren was clearly faster than the Williams. Maybe that needs to happen until the FIA realise the 5 sec penalty is nothing if you have enough laps left?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
That was interesting!
So much noise, but no facts, about Red Bull coming back to the field because their flexibility floor was banned. FIA did not require reporting if the floor was changed to comply with the latest technical direction so who knows but the car looked like it was on a wet track compared to others. No grid penalty for Max impeding Yuki (what a surprise) yet Charles gets a penalty (?) for impeding Lando who wasn't bothered? Stroll doing his usual Maldonardo impression and affecting Oscar's Q1 and Liam Lawsom putting the AT into Q3!

madstace

Likes Dirt
Definitely wasn't boring! Hard to believe Newey's genius has seemingly been so easily clipped back, but they did say Singapore was an expected outlier for them anyway. Truth should come out at Suzuka, I'd expect both RBs to completely clear off on that track. In any case, a salty Max equals a happy me :D

Speaking of tracks, seems like general consensus after the Singapore changes is "leave it!" Still not my favourite but definitely seems better.

K.C.

Likes Dirt
i see gurney flaps on the top elements of front wing on ferrari and redbull, maybe its a bonus for ferrari but disruptive for redbull's front floor air intake

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Sainz backing up Norris there for DRS defence was absolutely brilliant thinking. Well done to Liam Lawson for scoring points and Oscar for getting through to grab 7th.

Slow old start but what an amazing race.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Likely George was so close behind Lando he followed him into the wall. Lando brushed it while George channelled his inner Stroll!

madstace

Likes Dirt
Carlando did well :D I feel George is still prone to the odd rookie error when he's at 11/10ths, shame because drove well for the most part.

I'll be basking in the glory of a no RB podium this week before reality strikes at Suzuka :confused: Also there's a good run down from The Race as to why they didn't fire this weekend, interesting.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
stroll did his best to make his inner stroll spread all over the wall. watch his head get slammed around as he hit the wall, hes gone from a decent lower-mid field driver to a bit of a danger to others.
dude, he's always been a rolling liability - he crashed into other drivers a lot when he was coming up through the various formulas. He might have reined it in for a bit, but then went full retard again.