Electric Vehicles etc

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Just to add, the MOC (Management Of Change) involved with putting in new systems is an absolute PITA, to be honest... if it was up to me to organise and arrange installation, update drawings and get all the ticks of approval, I would say no too.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
That's awesome.

I'm also struck that it took a startup spun out from Oxford to come up with it. Where the fuck are the likes of Siemens, GE and Hitachi in the EV space. Those three companies have a fuckload of history when it comes to electric motors and yet seem to be completely MIA.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
Hitachi have a partnership with Honda to produce electric motors and GE are making them. I'm not sure about Siemens.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
TL;DR pls? Hate clickbaity headlines where the presenter usually reveals some bullshit we already know.
Jason Cammisa videos are always worth a watch. Just a little history of the car.

The $35M bit is if you'd bought 100K of Tesla stocks at the time instead of buying the car for 100K, they'd worth 35M now ;)

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Cheapest new EV in Oz:

With the fuel cost savings, these "entry-price" EV's are looking better all the time. I reckon we will still see the prices start to ratcheted down even further over the next 2 years though (Probably not much in 23-24FY IMO, but 24-25 I reckon we be when there's enough production volume to see the prices really start to tumble on EVs).

Scotty T

Walks the walk
The used Model 3 market is getting very reasonable too with more options coming online.

Also some cheap V1 Leafs out there, possible to replace battery for a 350km range for around $30k total now (12k car, 18k battery).

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
The used Model 3 market is getting very reasonable too with more options coming online.
Im thinking my option will be a used one, one of the current new ones - last versions of the current shape. If its like virtually every other car I liked I will prefer the original styling - facelift models never seem to be an improvement...

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I'm back to considering it again.
FFS.
I need a 340km round trip with hills though.
The Model 3 (2021+) has a real world highway range of 405km, the MG 370km, BYD <300km.

The Atto 3 long range would do that easy.
Not easily, maybe not at all. 360km real world range. Tesla is miles ahead on efficiency, Atto 3 LR has a larger battery by 3kw/h than Tesla but gets ~40km less real world range.

This site is excellent:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
The Model 3 (2021+) has a real world highway range of 405km, the MG 370km, BYD

Not easily, maybe not at all. 360km real world range. Tesla is miles ahead on efficiency, Atto 3 LR has a larger battery by 3kw/h than Tesla but gets ~40km less real world range.

This site is excellent:

It seems to be very tyre dependant. The old OEM BYD tyres are awful.

We fitted Pirelli Scorpion Verdes and that's improved the range by maybe 5%+. I haven't done a full to empty test in eco mode but I expect we would get 400kms of urban driving and 10%+ less for highway driving.

I imagine the new Conti Ecocontact 6 SUV, which I believe is the new OEM for the Atto 3, getting similar performance.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
PS it's also worth considering whether you will do a full 300km+ trip without a stop. I generally like to stop for a rest every 2 hours, and I'm pretty sure I could stop somewhere with a charger nearby most of the time.

The other thing to consider is battery degradation over time. Just because the car can do 400km now, will the car be able to do that in 3 years time?

indica

Serial flasher
The Atto 3 long range would do that easy.
I don't think it would. 10% gradient at some point

PS it's also worth considering whether you will do a full 300km+ trip without a stop.
Round trip.
3 days in a row.

and I'm pretty sure I could stop somewhere with a charger nearby most of the time.
I cannot.

Thinking Cupra Born @ 500kms or push the finances for a Hyundai Ionic 6 @ 600kms or a fucking hybrid???