Electric Vehicles etc

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Going to test drive a Tesla Y on the weekend. Hoping it will be a benchmark to then see what other EVs are like too.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Drove some teslas yesterday. Model 3 LR and the Model Y performance.

Would be easier decision if I didn’t like them, but I did. Only difference I found between the two was higher position in the Y and a bigger boot (in vertical space - ie where the parcel shelf is in the 3). Not sure those two things are worth 9k though. Otherwise they ride basically the same.

No hwy driving, but for the 2-ish seconds I could put my foot down heading into an 80zone - they certainly have some poke!
I liked the one foot driving thing. Felt like a golf cart/go kart. Pretty intuitive after about 5 mins.

Should have driven the rwd version as well, just to see how different the power is. Will also look up what the towing rates are, mostly for the 5 bike rack rather than an actual trailer.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Not sure those two things are worth 9k though.
The $3000/$6000 rebate and 3 years free rego is only available to vehicles within a certain price range.

In SA its $68,750 capped, so if your vehicle is over that price, its basically costing you an additional $5k in incentives.