Electric Vehicles etc

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
1686874127563.png

This is the first decent looking wagon EV I've seen outside the Taycan; colossal range too with a 150kwh battery. Looks like they've stolen a bit of the Taycan look at the back with a bit of Jag to go with it.

Haven't heard anything about this company before.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
View attachment 400443

This is the first decent looking wagon EV I've seen outside the Taycan; colossal range too with a 150kwh battery. Looks like they've stolen a bit of the Taycan look at the back with a bit of Jag to go with it.

Fark, that actually looks really good and very different from the current crop of "So, my toddler drew this picture of a car" design aesthetics coming to the market currently.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
View attachment 400443

Yes please. I'll have mine in white.

The Chinese car industry has matured very quickly indeed. Some very impressive stuff.

Nio still has a couple of question marks over its future, but if they're still developing new models it looks promising. This thing is gorgeous.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
(left) New YASA Flux motor, 24kg, 480BHP and 800NM. Imagine one of these mounted in each corner of a car, maybe in the hubs.
They are using them in the next gen AMGs. Exciting times ahead for EVs.
Axial flux motors have the highest power density, but they are expensive to produce. The one I have for the BMW is the below link, been around well over ten years now so they are nothing new but this sort of power density from the Yasa 24kg motor is unheard of previously.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
(left) New YASA Flux motor, 24kg, 480BHP and 800NM. Imagine one of these mounted in each corner of a car, maybe in the hubs.
They are using them in the next gen AMGs. Exciting times ahead for EVs.

View attachment 400450
That's awesome.

I'm also struck that it took a startup spun out from Oxford to come up with it. Where the fuck are the likes of Siemens, GE and Hitachi in the EV space. Those three companies have a fuckload of history when it comes to electric motors and yet seem to be completely MIA.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
A mate at work is getting a Tesla - we are going to push for charging stations at work.
It's a government job so will be full of arguing and possibly be a shit fight.
We asked too, 8 x EV's leased now in Ops alone... Power Plant = free unmetered power, answer was a firm NO !

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
t's a government job so will be full of arguing and possibly be a shit fight.
You just need to find out what tickles the high ups! Get the Minister on board, convinced they’re meeting some sort of efficiency target and you’ll have it within the quarter!