Douche Listing of the Day - Post them here.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
I haven’t seen the FB shit, only screenshots from a friend, but apparently our friendly farkiner from Deathracks has joined the party saying every single trail rack fails, and he’s glad to see this all happen.
I’ve kind of got a horse in this race, in that I’ve owned a ST for years, have dozens of mates with them, and never had an issue. Mitch is a local, and an acquaintance, though can’t claim a connection aside from that. He’s never been anything other than 100% upstanding, and backs/supports his product to the hilt, (to the extent of proactively upgrading and replacing every hitch free) so it’s gut wrenching seeing a couple of bitter competitors taking this path.
Dunno much about Aussie defamation laws, but would be interesting to see what this leads to if necessary.
Disclaimer. I blocked Mike years ago for faking a glowing testimony from me for his company. I asked him to remove it. He didn’t. I’ve never dealt with him otherwise, I just knew he distributed ST racks at the time through his business.
Don't make the mistake I did of looking at his FB profile... it's full of anti-vaxer shit

moorey

call me Mia
Don't make the mistake I did of looking at his FB profile... it's full of anti-vaxer shit
Not surprised in the slightest. But like I say, blocked him probably 2 years ago now, so I don’t see it and don’t want to. It means I can’t see these posts on the trading pages either.
I don’t even know if Mitch has publicly responded, but it’s probably wise if he just stays out and let’s these guys hang themselves.

Last edited:

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Strange one popped up on fakebook.

Looks like its been removed or reported.

View attachment 397180
If you search for Mike's name you can still see the post.
So what I can get from this is that Mike owned Racks and Racks and he's gone into liquidation and Mitchell Currie owns Currie Engineering who manufactures the racks.
I'm sure every product has its failures, but I have had not issues with my rack and I know several others that have a Single Trail rack without a problem either.

moorey

call me Mia
If you search for Mike's name you can still see the post.
So what I can get from this is that Mike owned Racks and Racks and he's gone into liquidation and Mitchell Currie owns Currie Engineering who manufactures the racks.
I'm sure every product has its failures, but I have had not issues with my rack and I know several others that have a Single Trail rack without a problem either.
I did search, nothing comes up, but TBH, I don’t need to see it.
Yeah, he was selling ST through Racks and Rakes. No idea of the circumstances, but yes, went under.
I chatted to Mitch as he was leaving Thredbo yesterday afternoon, delivering a gorgeous new shuttle trailer. Didn’t see any Pivots or Comcencals on board, and don’t believe for one second what Mike is saying.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Yeah I'm on my second ST race, first was the singlesided V1.
New one is the powdered EZ-RFS.

Great service from Mitch and hes proactive where a failure could occur.

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah I'm on my second ST race, first was the singlesided V1.
New one is the powdered EZ-RFS.

Great service from Mitch and hes proactive where a failure could occur.
Same experience. When there was a potential flaw identified in an earlier hitch, I know it almost bankrupted him to do it, but he replaced all of them, just in case.
He looked at mine yesterday, noted my ropes are a little stiff, and said to drop in and he’d replace all my ropes with the later model blue ones. I back him because I love the product and the service, Genuinely don’t think there’s a better rack out there, but opinions are like arseholes, as we all know.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Fuck a duck.

I mean I'm all for competition, but if your product can't compete, slandering the other mob isn't the way to go about drumming up business

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
As I understand it, much of this resentment started years ago when Spot-X (also a great rack) copied the ST locking/tilting mechanism and were asked to cease and desist. They pull a huge amount of weight with all the Green Valleys crew, and everyone connected jumped in with non a stop slur campaign online ever since. I used to buy into the fight, I don’t any more. Nick and Tilly at GV are great peeps, but they have been very vocal, and jumped back in with pitchforks. This fight is hurting everyone.
I’m sure they’re reading this, BTW, even if not commenting.

moorey

call me Mia
Fuck a duck.

I mean I'm all for competition, but if your product can't compete, slandering the other mob isn't the way to go about drumming up business

Agreed. There’s room in the market for all the reputable players. Funny that they aren’t attacking the genuinely shoddy products out there.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I have to say, the rust and cracks argument is concerning for an owner of one of these. I couldn't give an arse about a bit of external rust on a wheel hoop where the tyres have worn off the plating, but internal rust and cracks forming isn't ideal looking

I feel like there's a lot of bad blood pushing these claims, still not a great look though. I do wonder just how many have had issues and whether Mike's claims of zero support have anything to them?

moorey

call me Mia
I have to say, the rust and cracks argument is concerning for an owner of one of these. I couldn't give an arse about a bit of external rust on a wheel hoop where the tyres have worn off the plating, but internal rust and cracks forming isn't ideal looking

I feel like there's a lot of bad blood pushing these claims, still not a great look though. I do wonder just how many have had issues and whether Mike's claims of zero support have anything to them?

Don’t buy into his bitter BS. Mine is as poorly treated as any out there. First pic isn’t even ST AFAIK. If you had any issue at all, talk to Mitch.

And apologies, I think I said ‘Mike Light’ earlier, not Mike Trazer for some reason. Mike Light is a good bloke and totally unrelated to this discussion.

nathanm

Eats Squid
Old Mike is on the facebook reviews of the rack as well.
View attachment 397192
Someone needs to go give that guy a good smack. Goes into Liquidation owing god knows how much money to suppliers. One of these suppliers takes matters into his own hands and "steals" his bike and this is how he responds.
we recently lost a significant amount of money to a builder who used Liquidation to steal a couple of millions dollars just to phoenix less than a year later.
I really hope this guy gets whats coming to him.

However, if he and others are right about Single Trail Racks then that is its own separate concern. But if as Moorey suggests above then its not even Single Track then I'd be putting good money into a good lawyer and taking more than just his bikes. That would be straight out slander.

moorey

call me Mia
Someone needs to go give that guy a good smack. Goes into Liquidation owing god knows how much money to suppliers. One of these suppliers takes matters into his own hands and "steals" his bike and this is how he responds.
we recently lost a significant amount of money to a builder who used Liquidation to steal a couple of millions dollars just to phoenix less than a year later.
I really hope this guy gets whats coming to him.

However, if he and others are right about Single Trail Racks then that is its own separate concern. But if as Moorey suggests above then its not even Single Track then I'd be putting good money into a good lawyer and taking more than just his bikes. That would be straight out slander.
Lawyers cost so much that I can imagine no one wins in these situations. And probably just going to bring on the Streisand Effect.
Can tell you that Mitch moved to powder coating new models, not because of any rust issues, but because he’s a perfectionist, and too many were coming back from electroplating with minor defects in the finish, which he has to sell discounted as seconds with full disclosure to customers.
Mike seems to be yelling into a void. As mentioned, my previous dealings with him were baffling unhinged, so I stopped engaging. (Yes, I’m aware you’ll assume it was my doing, and it usually is, but this came out of the blue with him).
Can only imagine he’s pretty stressed, and wish him well if his business has gone under, but not sure this is going to help him. I don’t believe for a second that Mitch stole his bikes, but it’s not my business to ask him….even if I am catching up with him for new ropes tomorrow.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Lawyers cost so much that I can imagine no one wins in these situations. And probably just going to bring on the Streisand Effect.
Can tell you that Mitch moved to powder coating new models, not because of any rust issues, but because he’s a perfectionist, and too many were coming back from electroplating with minor defects in the finish, which he has to sell discounted as seconds with full disclosure to customers.
Mike seems to be yelling into a void. As mentioned, my previous dealings with him were baffling unhinged, so I stopped engaging. (Yes, I’m aware you’ll assume it was my doing, and it usually is, but this came out of the blue with him).
Can only imagine he’s pretty stressed, and wish him well if his business has gone under, but not sure this is going to help him. I don’t believe for a second that Mitch stole his bikes, but it’s not my business to ask him….even if I am catching up with him for new ropes tomorrow.
I can guarantee that all of the powdercoated racks of any of the opposition (and the new ST racks) will have rust on the inside of the RHS over time as the coating won't be all the way up the inside of the tubes. If I was at all concerned a bit of Lanotec spray up inside will keep any rust at bay.

nathanm

Eats Squid
Really depends on how much damage this complete asshat is doing. Mud Sticks and MTB community is small and whispers travel. On the flip side payouts for Slander can be significant and enforceable and this potato could lose way more than a couple of bikes.

A cease and desist letter would be worthwhile given it would cost less than the profit on a single rack, and shut this guy up and show him they mean business.

I would've been onto my lawyer by now and have spent good money putting an end to his shenanigan. People can be insane, I had another business owner call me this morning to "discuss" why I put a smiley face on a post where he was trying to sell Nakto folding bikes, commercially, on an MTB forum. That conversation did not go how he planned it in his head.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
He actually called me at home after reading our racks thread and explained this. The first electroplater was slow and unreliable, but very good when he did produce some goods. The new one did a shitty job and he had so much product that couldnt be sold as 1st rate product.

Talked me into a great deal on a black to put it through it paces.
Must say the finish on the black one is beautiful... though hasn't had a hard test yet either. Liking the EZ load feature too.