Don't Buy a Guerrilla Gravity Trail Pistol Carbon

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I suppose if I put myself in GG's shoes I would want an independent verification of the issue, Leuscher would be my preference but I'm not sure how GG would feel about that. I don't know him but he's quite the boffin so I'd be happy to use him, alternatively I can have it scanned and plotted with a CMM and send the file to GG but they'd be paying the invoice.

The sad thing is I really like the bike. We rode at Smiths again last night and it's a really good bit of gear, it's got that sitting 'in' feeling not sitting 'on'. I'm not the quickest descender but after just a few rides I'm confident to really tip it into corners and it quite happily drifts around them tail out but totally in control.
Agree, and it's always helpful to take a balanced perspective but they're not really doing the same.

Despite liking the bike, it'll be chewing up your shock internals with lateral uneven loads which would be undesirable.

Forward them the link to luescher teknik and see how they feel about it. But no, I wouldn't be held to ransom like that having to pay freight charges twice because it was lined up with all the care they could muster on Friday afternoon before a public holiday.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Forward them the link to luescher teknik and see how they feel about it. But no, I wouldn't be held to ransom like that having to pay freight charges twice because it was lined up with all the care they could muster on Friday afternoon before a public holiday.
Agree strongly with this. There's no scenario where it's okay for them to make you pay shipping in two directions so they can fix their own manufacturing error.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
In my mind, I would expect to be reimbursed for the expense of the independent analysis if it confirmed the fault too, otherwise you'll end up out of pocket for GG's shitty build quality. I would let them know that upfront. It's not your fault the frame is misaligned @komdotkom

I understand a company's reluctance to send out replacement frames without checking the original is faulty, but I think if the pictures are clear (and it's obvious you're not artificially side loading the frame or whatever) it should be resolved a bit more trustingly/proactively.

And if they spin you the spiel on "how they want to get the frame back so they can learn what went wrong", well fuck that! How about they finish their product development before they put the product into the market.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have a look at this horse shit

Hey David,

We take payment in full on all orders since every bike is built to order. There are a few reasons why we do this, but mainly because we are a small company and don't have the resources to take down payments to start a build and then collect the rest of the payment when the bike is completed. This situation would only increase lead times.

We never promise the lead time because, again, we are a small company and we don't have to ability to promise there won't be hurdles or bottlenecks (especially in the current climate of the bike industry) and we know that lead times could change. We do our best to hold true to these lead times and we've even taken extra steps, like our production team moving to split shifts, to help close the gap on the longer lead times.

The seatstays don't have any defects or longevity issues. They were built and tested for blue diamond rated trail riding. But we noticed that, with the rise of capable short travel bikes, that riders are pushing bikes in ways they haven't been pushed before. In an effort to keep up with this trend, we made the running change in production to beef up the stays and allow the Trail Pistol to punch above its weight class.

You can view our warranty terms HERE.

When it comes to any warranty claim, we have to bring the bike in-house to be inspected by our Engineering team. Unfortunately for international customers, that means some extra down-time and possible duty fees, but this is the warranty process that we have to follow. We always work to get the issue rectified as quickly as possible.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes

Hey David,

We take payment in full on all orders since every bike is built to order. There are a few reasons why we do this, but mainly because we are a small company and don't have the resources to take down payments to start a build and then collect the rest of the payment when the bike is completed. This situation would only increase lead times.

We never promise the lead time because, again, we are a small company and we don't have to ability to promise there won't be hurdles or bottlenecks (especially in the current climate of the bike industry) and we know that lead times could change. We do our best to hold true to these lead times and we've even taken extra steps, like our production team moving to split shifts, to help close the gap on the longer lead times.

The seatstays don't have any defects or longevity issues. They were built and tested for blue diamond rated trail riding. But we noticed that, with the rise of capable short travel bikes, that riders are pushing bikes in ways they haven't been pushed before. In an effort to keep up with this trend, we made the running change in production to beef up the stays and allow the Trail Pistol to punch above its weight class.

When it comes to any warranty claim, we have to bring the bike in-house to be inspected by our Engineering team. Unfortunately for international customers, that means some extra down-time and possible duty fees, but this is the warranty process that we have to follow. We always work to get the issue rectified as quickly as possible.
They should just sell the technology to another company that knows how to run a business. Everyone would be better off.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Jpez

Down on the left!
When I told them my rear triangle was mis aligned they told me it was my fault. After much argument they did say however they’d send me some washers for free. Great. Finally a win. This was after being told they wouldn’t warranty the cracked seat stay and me cracking the shits and making enough noise they changed their mind.
They then send an invoice for the free washers but I had to pay postage. Shipping was over $50. That’s when I told them they could go get fucked. Anyway this isn’t my thread and I’ve whinged enough about my dealings with GG so I’ll shut up now. But it’s just a damn shame because they really are great bikes.

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned

Hey David,

Scratch GG from the list of my next bike options, that's for sure!
They were really up there with their manufacturing techniques and positive feedback from a lot of initial customers, but if they are going to be f*cktards about their own culpability on the quality front, they can EABODs

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Scratch GG from the list of my next bike options, that's for sure!
+1

I was keen to get one after riding @Jpez's bike. Didn't quite fall into place at the time, and then by the time I was ready to buy he'd suffered the cracked chainstay. Once I spoke to him about his dealings with the customer service side of GG trying to get a known fault (that they'd "never seen before" despite it being well referenced on several forums) rectified, that turned me right off the idea. This is just more confirmation that they don't do their QC properly, and don't want to wear responsibility for it.

Shit like this:
When I told them my rear triangle was mis aligned they told me it was my fault. After much argument they did say however they’d send me some washers for free. Great. Finally a win. This was after being told they wouldn’t warranty the cracked seat stay and me cracking the shits and making enough noise they changed their mind.
They then send an invoice for the free washers but I had to pay postage. Shipping was over $50. That’s when I told them they could go get fucked. Anyway this isn’t my thread and I’ve whinged enough about my dealings with GG so I’ll shut up now. But it’s just a damn shame because they really are great bikes.
Want to play the "we're just a small company and can't afford to cover shipping" card? Make sure your product is right - the first time.

If the clause was "You have to pay return shipping, but then we reimburse you if the fault is confirmed", cool. But if they've sent out a obviously faulty product as-in @komdotkom's case, it's their fuck-up and should be covered as a gesture of goodwill, especially given the amount of time he'll be without that bike while it gets shipped back to them, wait for inspection and replacement (current dealings don't exactly inspire confidence of that going well), then return shipping.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I would be protesting that, given the photos are obvious that there’s an issue. If they send you a new frame typically they require photos of it chopped up so you don’t sell it on. I know Canyon did this for @ozzybmx
When I bought the Canyon for #2 son, I had a preconception that they were not good to deal with for warranty. When you read past the JRA bullshit whingers, Canyon are awesome.

Day 1 - Crack in frame, take a full picture of each side of the bike and a close up of the crack.
Day 2 - Were sending you a new frame, pick your colour. When you get it send a picture of the old front triangle cut up. I can keep all bearings and rear tri as spares.
Day 10 - New Spectral frame arrives at the door.

They didn't even want it sent to the Aus office.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Post this bullshit on MTBR(if you haven't already). The Yanks seem to think that place is golden and you might get more traction there. Truly bad customer service being displayed here.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Given they dont have local support for the product don’t they have a clear and concise warranty claim and warranty shipping agreement that is signed when buying the bike? I ain’t no bike manufacturer, but that seems like one of the first things I’d do......