COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I have a mate in N Ireland who avoided people since it kicked off. He tested pos for rona on new years day 2022, mid Feb and April fools day... 3 times in 3 months.

Hadn't had it before and hasn't had it since.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Now know of quite a few people that have had it 3 times (or more) and for all of them it has been a different experience each time with no real trend (eg. luck of the draw whether the next time is better or worse). Some evidence that the long-term effects are cummulative. This would be terrible.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I'd almost say, unless you live rural/remote/ultracareful, you probably have had it, but asymptomatic.
I think before xmas last year it was that Delta strain, so you know you had it.

This bloke is not the epitome of fitness either, a very overweigh 50yr old with zero activity for a lifetime.

Minlak

custom titis
Seriously with out Covid how would we tell time now for events - When working stuff out pre or post Covid is a marker we use to work out time frames :)

Like post or pre -war - sept 11 etc

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
I'd almost say, unless you live rural/remote/ultracareful, you probably have had it, but asymptomatic.
I'm semi rural/ultra careful, and I haven't had it YET.

It is still quite remarkable, with a high school kid. He is one of only three in his class that haven't had it. Those three are also the only careful kids.

I'm double vax, he's non vax.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I have been visiting someone in hospital these last couple of days. I put my mask on in the car and then walk from the carpark to the ward. The path weaves around various buildings and there are always lots of people around and you know, people are grubs. No biggie in any case. Lots of discarded one use only masks on the ground at the entrance which is really piss poor given there are plenty of bins. Anyway today I wander up the path and a middle aged bogan exits the hospital and tosses his mask into the gutter. As we get near he says doesn't it make you fucking angry having to wear these fucking things, they don't work. So I said it is better to let people think you are a fuckwit than to open your trap and remove all possible doubt. Then I pointed to the numerous bins and said the hospital has provided somewhere for you to dispose of your mask, you don't have to throw it on the ground like a slob. Anyway he was still taking in the first statement as we crossed so no further comments. Fucking lazy pricks. Someone has to clean those masks up.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You are overlooking things here...those discarded masks make excellent prosthetic pouches for some of our unlucky marsupials.

Minlak

custom titis
A little experiment for the day - one of my clients in a share house has Covid - one doesn’t - the one that doesn’t has a physio session with me today - let’s see if I can still dodge Covid like a boss :)

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
A little experiment for the day - one of my clients in a share house has Covid - one doesn’t - the one that doesn’t has a physio session with me today - let’s see if I can still dodge Covid like a boss :)
Change the game. Call in sick. :p

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Covid logic say that any unlucky animal killed as a result of a discarded mask was more likely to die of covid anyway and our threatened species are probably antivaxers so they can all die in the pandemic of the un vaccinated.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Not the one ones being collected in our waterways ;)
Haven't you read the statistics on the sudden resurgence of the platypus? This is mostly thanks to the prosthetic pouches allowing for more babies.

There is also formative research about the way some fish species are evolving to wear these pouches to protect their eggs an fingerlings from the European carp, causing a repopulation of at risk species that in turn hunt the carp for food. It is amazing stuff, but nothing is ready to publish yet.

On top of these amazing booms, there is some reports indicating that a 2 fold bonus has been found in the Murray Darling system. Firstly what seems to the uneducated minds of Australia to be a massive build up of discarded masks has created an amazing filtration system. The salinity levels have been slashed by the masks. Side note - there is some interesting reports getting around that the atomic size of average salinity particles is very similar to that of a covid spec and all those "masks don't work" people are wrong. I have heard they will be rounded up and forced to eat very salty carp until these waterways are carp free. The second bonus was that the filtration process has slowed the surge of the impending flood waters and we can now declare the floods over! The summer heat is rapidly evaporating the slowed surge and returning Australia to the dried out biscuit we are more familiar with.

Science is pretty amazing.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Haven't you read the statistics on the sudden resurgence of the platypus? This is mostly thanks to the prosthetic pouches allowing for more babies.

There is also formative research about the way some fish species are evolving to wear these pouches to protect their eggs an fingerlings from the European carp, causing a repopulation of at risk species that in turn hunt the carp for food. It is amazing stuff, but nothing is ready to publish yet.

On top of these amazing booms, there is some reports indicating that a 2 fold bonus has been found in the Murray Darling system. Firstly what seems to the uneducated minds of Australia to be a massive build up of discarded masks has created an amazing filtration system. The salinity levels have been slashed by the masks. Side note - there is some interesting reports getting around that the atomic size of average salinity particles is very similar to that of a covid spec and all those "masks don't work" people are wrong. I have heard they will be rounded up and forced to eat very salty carp until these waterways are carp free. The second bonus was that the filtration process has slowed the surge of the impending flood waters and we can now declare the floods over! The summer heat is rapidly evaporating the slowed surge and returning Australia to the dried out biscuit we are more familiar with.

Science is pretty amazing.
Go to Japan alreadyl