COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Minlak

custom titis
Queensland now in amber alert with 37000 cases and 300 in hospital - NSW apparently 57% increase in cases - Telling people to start going for their 5th shot - I stopped at 3 might go get 4 now

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Queensland now in amber alert with 37000 cases and 300 in hospital - NSW apparently 57% increase in cases - Telling people to start going for their 5th shot - I stopped at 3 might go get 4 now
They were at 5k cases on 11th November. 37k seems quite the jump

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Are ark was for saving. This would be the Titanic II

SummitFever

Eats Squid
They should have never dropped the mask mandate for public transport and crowded spaces.

Seems like an entirely politically motivated thing as having people not wearing masks makes it look like everything is back to normal. Give yourself a pat on the back.

I'm still worried about the long term burden (personal and economic) from lots of people having long covid. Omicron is less likely to cause long covid than delta but the percentages are still high (4.5%) and the infection rate means the total numbers of sufferers is huge. See https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(22)00941-2/fulltext

Minlak

custom titis
It is interesting the chatter this time round on the Covid wave - Other forums were always "think of others - do the right thing - Were in this together" - Seeing a lot of push back this time with things like "if your at risk stay home - its your responsibilty - its just normal" etc

Might be a harder sell this time round

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It is interesting the chatter this time round on the Covid wave - Other forums were always "think of others - do the right thing - Were in this together" - Seeing a lot of push back this time with things like "if your at risk stay home - its your responsibilty - its just normal" etc

Might be a harder sell this time round
Don’t forget the huge disconnect between what people were saying and their behaviour. Very few I saw practiced what they preached.
It suited people more back then. They loved bashing the enemy for the greater good of work from home or gov handouts. I think people loved the drama too. It had very little do do with medical risks.