COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Hmmmm nice... sounds good on the way there, not a fan of arriving back pissed.

See I'd rather face customs here drunk than most other places around the globe. "Sorry boys...just a bit pissy from the long haul flight." "No shit mate...anything to declare? Welcome home."

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
See I'd rather face customs here drunk than most other places around the globe. "Sorry boys...just a bit pissy from the long haul flight." "No shit mate...anything to declare? Welcome home."
I bought a 200 pack of Captain Black little cigars on the way to Dublin to bring back, only found out on the flight back that you can only bring in 50 in to Aus :oops:

Declared them on my slip, he asked how many I had, I told him 10 x 20 packs. He waved me on through.

200 cost me 53 UAE Dirha, that's $23au or $2.30 a pack, they are $48 a pack here.

I have a few mates that will be happy. Even known to crack out one or two myself on a big beer session.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I bought a 200 pack of Captain Black little cigars on the way to Dublin to bring back, only found out on the flight back that you can only bring in 50 in to Aus :oops:

Declared them on my slip, he asked how many I had, I told him 10 x 20 packs. He waved me on through.

200 cost me 53 UAE Dirha, that's $23au or $2.30 a pack, they are $48 a pack here.

I have a few mates that will be happy. Even known to crack out one or two myself on a big beer session.
I used to work in a Cuban bar...we sold rum, rum cocktails, and cigars (food was mostly just half arse Mexican adaptions and yes it was mostly a shit place to work). I love the smell of humidor, but spark them up and I'm not so keen. On my last trip through Singapore I filled in the hour or so lay over looking in a humidor at the airport. I purchased a cigar for $7 that I used to sell for $50.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Hmmmm nice... sounds good on the way there, not a fan of arriving back pissed.
Yeah did that once…. Afternoon at the bar at the Marinas Sands In Singapore, and then a red eye back to Sydney via the Qantas lounge. Passed out on the plane and woke up 40 minutes out from Sydney with a remarkable hangover. Not throwing up on the turboprop plane coming into a bouncy landing in Canberra a couple of hours later was a massive achievement…

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Yeah did that once…. Afternoon at the bar at the Marinas Sands In Singapore, and then a red eye back to Sydney via the Qantas lounge. Passed out on the plane and woke up 40 minutes out from Sydney with a remarkable hangover. Not throwing up on the turboprop plane coming into a bouncy landing in Canberra a couple of hours later was a massive achievement…
Singapore is fine place for a beverage or two. Nice warm weather helps.

The ones around Suntec are relaxing but New Bar Asia / Bar Rouge up the top of the Stamford hotel is just worth it for the views alone.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Singapore is fine place for a beverage or two. Nice warm weather helps.

The ones around Suntec are relaxing but New Bar Asia / Bar Rouge up the top of the Stamford hotel is just worth it for the views alone.
Just walking out of the airport makes you thirsty.
My favourite was going to the local market. Buy longnecks 3 at a time served in an ice bucket. They spread newspaper over the table to catch the condensation and shot glasses to get stuck in. Ice cold to the last drop.
No views but very social, can be a little tricky to keep track of how much you’ve got through though with the tiny glasses constantly being refilled.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Just walking out of the airport makes you thirsty.
My favourite was going to the local market. Buy longnecks 3 at a time served in an ice bucket. They spread newspaper over the table to catch the condensation and shot glasses to get stuck in. Ice cold to the last drop.
No views but very social, can be a little tricky to keep track of how much you’ve got through though with the tiny glasses constantly being refilled.
This was my favourite beer dispenser in Singapore. Bloody dangerous things

Haakon

This was my favourite beer dispenser in Singapore. Bloody dangerous things

My downfall was dehydration… A few hours walking around the big metal trees sweating profusely in the heat, then lunch in Chinatown and the first tiger. Then some hours looking out over the infinity pool at the top of Marina Sands watching the storms come in and chatting to a delighted Slovakian bar wench. Then a quick stop at raffles for a sling (as you do…) and then to the Qantas lounge. That day was only ever going to end in the 3 day hangover it did…

Haakon

Fuck me! @Haakon can't win a fucking hand.
No. It’s been an utter disaster. I had a bunch of people to talk to about getting a job here that’s all fallen through. I had to cancel my lap of the Nurburgring in a 911 GT3. I missed out on going out every night with all my cool colleagues from around the world I only ever see on these trips. I have stuck alone in a tiny room with no view out except for a courtyard.
It’s been tough.

Jpez

Down on the left!
No. It’s been an utter disaster. I had a bunch of people to talk to about getting a job here that’s all fallen through. I had to cancel my lap of the Nurburgring in a 911 GT3. I missed out on going out every night with all my cool colleagues from around the world I only ever see on these trips. I have stuck alone in a tiny room with no view out except for a courtyard.
It’s been tough.
Well, at least you didn’t lose a spleen and have a drain hose sticking out of your gut. ;)
61A3ECEA-1DF1-4011-8075-6E93DAC4F1C4.jpeg

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It’s been tough.

...and then suddenly I find myself pondering the way out tax dollars are spent.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Am booked to fly on Thursday. Am feeling a bit better today so hope I test negative by then.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but after having covid you can test positive for a long time afterwards... the whole idea of the isolation period from when you first test positive is to get you past the contagious phase, so you can then return to normal life.