COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Has this all been on rats?

The change in testing requirements doesn't mean people don't carry the bug etc in their system. It just means we don't really care anymore. Or the whole thing is fake.

Oddly enough I tested negative via PCR 11 days after my last previous positive via PCR. Apparently I needed to have my doctor's clearance to fly printed...That was a very nervous couple of hours at the airport!
Yeah, RATS so far.

Quite sick now. Hopes of it being a cold revving up residual covid dashed.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yeah, RATS so far.

Quite sick now. Hopes of it being a cold revving up residual covid dashed.

I don't like your chances. My understanding is the rats have a short window of effectiveness, which may be why the new gov liked us using them so much - back to work!!! Which is all out the window now anyway...so covid isn't real, it's all in your was and we have all been made to be gullible fools by the system.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
My understanding is the rats have a short window of effectiveness
I only officially had corona on the 2nd bout as my missus works with Dementia patients.

Monday - scratchy throat, RAT neg.
Tuesday/Wednesday - Cold symptoms, RAT neg.
Thursday - 1st positive RAT in the afternoon, just when I was feeling better, PCR that night, both pos.
RAT pos Friday, Saturday and Sunday, negative on Monday.
Had a further 4 days in iso feeling well and testing neg with a RAT.

RATs only go pos when you have a good viral load.

We have literally ~100 RAT tests in our house, my missus gets given a box of 20 every 2-3 weeks and the Gov was handing them out like candy over here.

I brought a dozen over here to Ireland just in case I got symptoms before getting on the plane.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Not something I expected to happen at my age.
I had chickenpox that put me in hospital over the 2019 Xmas to New Years period, so I saw 2020 in feeling like I wanted to die. Had chicken pox as a kid too. Three main variants to varicella-zoster virus, Peter the head doctor of ED at the Anglis told me after he walked in and said “oh matey you’re screwed, that the worst chicken pox I’ve seen on an adult in a long time”.

Both GSK’s Shingrix and Merck’s Zostavax are only available to those over 50yo unless you’re massively immune compromised with cancer, etc.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I had chickenpox that put me in hospital over the 2019 Xmas to New Years period, so I saw 2020 in feeling like I wanted to die. Had chicken pox as a kid too. Three main variants to varicella-zoster virus, Peter the head doctor of ED at the Anglis told me after he walked in and said “oh matey you’re screwed, that the worst chicken pox I’ve seen on an adult in a long time”.
I got chickenpox when I was around 30. I didn't get a strong dose of it as a kid so it came on strong. An uncomfortable 2 weeks where spending time in a bath was high on the list. It suck quite hard to get that one as an adult.

Haakon

Well, I can comfortably say the second go around inside a month is less fun than the first time….

Not helped by work trying to put me on the flights from hell to get home… Had to spend 2 hours on the phone to the idiots in the wee hours trying to sort out flights that don’t go via bloody Perth with a red eye domestic connection…found a good flight yesterday, so sent them that. They book something else and get the day wrong, andnow the good flight is booked out. Morons.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
This Covid round has gotten far deeper into my lungs… And am getting fun tingly hot skin which isn’t really fun. Sigh.
That sounds shit house.

Well, I can comfortably say the second go around inside a month is less fun than the first time….

Not helped by work trying to put me on the flights from hell to get home… Had to spend 2 hours on the phone to the idiots in the wee hours trying to sort out flights that don’t go via bloody Perth with a red eye domestic connection…found a good flight yesterday, so sent them that. They book something else and get the day wrong, andnow the good flight is booked out. Morons.

That sounds like public servants.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
The travel team at work had an awesome person who is a gun at sorting these things out. But she went on mat leave and I foolishly assumed her sidekick wouldn’t be shit…
Nothing funnier then all of your staff calling you at 6am from the airport telling you that the flights I booked on the previous Friday arvo are booked arse about, taking off at 7am from Hobart while they are in Melbourne. My worst flight booking fuckup

Haakon

Nothing funnier then all of your staff calling you at 6am from the airport telling you that the flights I booked on the previous Friday arvo are booked arse about, taking off at 7am from Hobart while they are in Melbourne. My worst flight booking fuckup
At least that was just a fuck up. This muppet in my area just didn’t give a shit and jsut put me on the cheapest he could find. Told me to sort it out myself if I didn’t like it! Prick.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
At least that was just a fuck up. This muppet in my area just didn’t give a shit and jsut put me on the cheapest he could find. Told me to sort it out myself if I didn’t like it! Prick.

Well you do have a fair bit of time on your hands...and he has practically told you to buy first class on Emirates.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
I travelled every week in my last job for 4.5yrs, the service coordinator only majorly fk'd up 2 bookings in that time (there were plenty of minor ones lol).

One was a return flight from Newcastle to MEL, rocked up at the airport only to fine my return flight was booked for December. Only problem was it was September.

Second one was reversed flights as well. Leaving Melbourne but booked on a SYD - MEL flight and then MEL - SYD return. Even the hire car was waiting for me in Melbourne. I parked my car in long term not far from where my hire car was parked!

Haakon

Well you do have a fair bit of time on your hands...and he has practically told you to buy first class on Emirates.
Got some emirates tickets eventually. Gets into Melbourne at midnight though, so a night in the sketchy airport hotel…

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Got some emirates tickets eventually. Gets into Melbourne at midnight though, so a night in the sketchy airport hotel…
Why stay out at the airport? There's plenty of sketchy places to stay in Melbourne!

I recommend you stay a few days past quarantine as "unfit to fly". You can unwind and we will feel safer knowing there is less chance you bring this new super big home...

Haakon

Why stay out at the airport? There's plenty of sketchy places to stay in Melbourne!

I recommend you stay a few days past quarantine as "unfit to fly". You can unwind and we will feel safer knowing there is less chance you bring this new super big home...
Yeah way ahead of you. I’m officially out of iso on Monday nights, flying out on Thursday. Going by my last go around, I’ll be needing those extra days!

Haakon

Just sailed Emirates from Dublin, forgot how much I hate the 13hr leg from Dubai to Sydney.

Now on the final leg Qantas to Adelaide with a party of retirees talking shit all around me. Still on the tarmac, nearly home.
The Dubai-Melbourne leg will be easier sitting at the bar upstairs…