COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Yes, there is testing at the airport. Depending on how busy the airport is you may be waiting minutes, or hours. If you have luggage, I'd recommend having a quick scout out the front before collecting it, to see if you can get a quick test in before the poxxy hordes crowd around.
there's 2 test types. the express PCR takes 90 + min to get a result, the rapid antigen 30+ min.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Adelaide is now in the "too hard" basket until I know I can just get in and out without hassle and not take risk of omicron exposure/associated quarantine. At least the airlines give full travel credit refunds.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Adelaide is now in the "too hard" basket until I know I can just get in and out without hassle and not take risk of omicron exposure/associated quarantine. At least the airlines give full travel credit refunds.
Ditto. We officially cancelled our trip this morning. Mrs George was worried about telling her Dad, he was like "I was expecting this call two weeks ago."

It was this article that pushed it beyond doubt

We can't afford to be stuck in a box for two weeks, let alone stuck in a box with the children, at the slightest thought that we might be in the same suburb as someone who might have it.

And the 'now because I said now' attitude of it all, WTF do we do with our camp gear and bikes while we're stuck in the box?

Flow-Rider

Burner
Starting to spread like wildfire in Qld already.

Today we have recorded 10 new cases of COVID-19. 1 case was locally acquired. 7 cases were interstate acquired and 2 cases were overseas acquired, all 9 were detected in hotel quarantine.
There are currently 56 active cases and 28 are in hospital.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Local drive through testing centre was packed this morning. It hasn't been busy for ages and recently down sized. I'm wondering if this is a Monday "gotta get a test, can't make it in..." Weekend extender or people have been jolted by the recent development of a cluster.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Local drive through testing centre was packed this morning. It hasn't been busy for ages and recently down sized. I'm wondering if this is a Monday "gotta get a test, can't make it in..." Weekend extender or people have been jolted by the recent development of a cluster.
Might also be people starting to get ready for interstate holiday travel, which will need negative tests for border clearance.
I was one of four when I went to get tested yesterday