COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Speaking of AdBlue, just a thought on the next COVID-related shortage:

Lockable AdBlue tank caps.

beeb

Don't most modern car's fuel flaps lock when the car is locked?
Trucks and buses still have exposed caps in both lockable and non-lockable variants.

If/when AdBlue shortages hit - "jiggle" siphon hoses will be selling well. So will lockable AdBlue caps to people that have non-lockable ones. Just my prior-life as a (cynical) parts interpreter coming to the fore.

Minlak

custom titis
Spoke to freight company owner today - smallish fleet - she said that the Adblue was not an issue for them as their trucks are older than that - but their issue is they can’t get service parts in particular Oil is a struggle for them - and the high fuel prices are starting to hurt them too

Minlak

custom titis

beeb

Spoke to freight company owner today - smallish fleet - she said that the Adblue was not an issue for them as their trucks are older than that - but their issue is they can’t get service parts in particular Oil is a struggle for them - and the high fuel prices are starting to hurt them too
Jokes aside - Oil shortages are coming next year.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Plenty around ! Got called down to this today and remembered there was a bit of chat on here so took a pic for ye's.

Had to go down and get the pumping system working today for a truck unloading 40,000L of Urea, the 2 x 250,000L tanks had ~220,000L in each of them :oops: and another delivery.

According to the truckie, there is a panic buy by truck companies... just like people do with toilet rolls. My company was notified and ordered a top up in case of a shortage.

Adblue is around 33% Urea, the stuff we use is 40%.

Both tanks now holding over 480,000L.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Plenty around ! Got called down to this today and remembered there was a bit of chat on here so took a pic for ye's.

Had to go down and get the pumping system working today for a truck unloading 40,000L of Urea, the 2 x 250,000L tanks had ~220,000L in each of them :oops: and another delivery.

According to the truckie, there is a panic buy by truck companies... just like people do with toilet rolls. My company was notified and ordered a top up in case of a shortage.

Adblue is around 33% Urea, the stuff we use is 40%.

Both tanks now holding over 480,000L.

View attachment 383775
Well, at least we now know who has taken the piss, and where it has gone.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Trucks and buses still have exposed caps in both lockable and non-lockable variants.

If/when AdBlue shortages hit - "jiggle" siphon hoses will be selling well. So will lockable AdBlue caps to people that have non-lockable ones. Just my prior-life as a (cynical) parts interpreter coming to the fore.
I shouldn't have eaten the mint first.