COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Republican party just took a big step towards oblivion.

News coming out that their folk on the intel committee used the info at least a month back to insider trade, dump their shares whilst telling the country everything was fine.

Draining the swamp.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Republican party just took a big step towards oblivion.

News coming out that their folk on the intel committee used the info at least a month back to insider trade, dump their shares whilst telling the country everything was fine.

Draining the swamp.
I'd like to use the starey eye emoticon, but that would indicate this leaves me in the slightest bit surprised.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Thought everyone had done that already. Apparently ice is all you can buy now. If you are in the area drop in for a cone, byo bong, and smoke it in the garage
Apparently there's a vicious rumour around my circles, that I might know where to buy a certain type of herbage. A couple of 60+ non smoking fellas that I know asked today. Their reasoning was (paraphrased)
'if I have to sit around the house for a few weeks or months because there's no work, I don't want to drink myself to death'

stirk

Burner
The answer to that might also depend on where you live. I'm not worried where I live but if I was in the city maybe I would.

It would be awesome if the world would agree on a joint approach to such a pandemic to minimise panic and financial and job loss issues. This will not be the last virus to impact us like this so imagine a world where we all agree on the response.

safreek

Apparently there's a vicious rumour around my circles, that I might know where to buy a certain type of herbage. A couple of 60+ non smoking fellas that I know asked today. Their reasoning was (paraphrased)
'if I have to sit around the house for a few weeks or months because there's no work, I don't want to drink myself to death'
I agree. Get wrecked and pump iron. Just pretend you are in the nick

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
I agree. Get wrecked and pump iron. Just pretend you are in the nick
My bush tracks are at my gate. I'm not locking down, because I don't need to. I'm in the centre of 5 acres, alone. I could contain myself, no problem, but not this beast that I live with. He needs to exercise. I may stop riding daily though, just to minimise the casualty probability.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
given all the crap they've pulled already, what make you think this is the final smoking gun that will turn their supporters?
Because FOX News is rounding on the guilty ones lead by Tucker Carlson. Plus, it's insider trading, it seems a pretty clear breach of the law (based on the zero understanding I have of the law...), they have to be prosecuted for it.

Trump is going to have to distance himself from them but that will also mean acceptance that he was also being advised that things were bad when he was also telling everyone things were fine.

Plus, as mentioned earlier in the thread, I think the US is going to go through serious pain due to the virus and whilst the rally around the flag effect might cushion the blow, this has real potential to be Trumps Hurricane Katrina moment given he was so committed to calling it a hoax and telling everyone there was nothing to worry about when he should have been leading the charge on preparedness.

I just think this might actually be that bridge too far for him. What will save him is his ability to change the conversation to things like "It's China's fault for the Chinese virus and I'm the one that's going to save you". He'll throw every offensive and arguable hook out there to get as many people as possible to argue about anything else than his failures and there's a good chance people will buy into it. So it's not a slam dunk, as I said, it was a step towards oblivion, not the final step over the cliff.