COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I disagreed with keeping schools open
I pulled my boys from School, Tue was their last day.

They are bored as f%&k, playing games, snapchatting, all indoor shit. They are confined to our house. I told them to get all school projects up to date and we'd go riding Friday... Now called into work at midday

I'll review it over the weekend but with 2 local schools shut due to Corona cases (Unley high and Scotch College) and it seems the Unley case has spread to the community through a Tennis club.

SA infection/case rate still looks low... though the prerequisites to get tested are pretty stringent.

safreek

I pulled my boys from School, Tue was their last day.

They are bored as f%&k, playing games, snapchatting, all indoor shit. They are confined to our house. I told them to get all school projects up to date and we'd go riding Friday... Now called into work at midday

I'll review it over the weekend but with 2 local schools shut due to Corona cases (Unley high and Scotch College) and it seems the Unley case has spread to the community through a Tennis club.

SA infection/case rate still looks low... though the prerequisites to get tested are pretty stringent.
To be honest I am mainly concerned about kindy age kids, they gaol them in very close quarters and parents are always smothering them with public affection to show the world what a good parent they are.
Fuck me, even wu tang is telling people to wake up to themselves, oh, they have always done that. Goooo ol dirty, apart from he is dead. But not from corona

ozzybmx

To be honest I am mainly concerned about kindy age kids, they gaol them in very close quarters and parents are always smothering them with public affection to show the world what a good parent they are.

Fuck me, even wu tang is telling people to wake up to themselves, oh, they have always done that. Goooo ol dirty, apart from he is dead. But not from corona
Exactly why we are taking extra precautions. They are not allowed out with mates as they are a little cess pit of sweat and handshakes bro, train shuttles, laying around the tables at HJ's and KFC with their riding mates, sucking frozen cokes... banned.
Basically we are laying them low for a few days or a week to see where this lands... we rely on Gov to make the right decision but EVERY country in the world has said they could and should have acted sooner and differently. Some like Singapore and HK made better decisions early...

Both of us are in 'essential services' (well... so she tells me that nursing home staff is essential) so neither one of us want to get sick and we both have both parents still going good their mid 70's but dont know how they would go if they caught this... mine are in Ireland so I cant even get back to bury them if this shit gets them :(

ozzybmx

This is getting a bit of social media air time in Ireland/UK.

Met with comments like...

Italy has an older population, they greet with a kiss. When we go into lockdown it will slow.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Exactly why we are taking extra precautions. They are not allowed out with mates as they are a little cess pit of sweat and handshakes bro, train shuttles, laying around the tables at HJ's and KFC with their riding mates, sucking frozen cokes... banned.
Basically we are laying them low for a few days or a week to see where this lands... we rely on Gov to make the right decision but EVERY country in the world has said they could and should have acted sooner and differently. Some like Singapore and HK made better decisions early...

Both of us are in 'essential services' (well... so she tells me that nursing home staff is essential) so neither one of us want to get sick and we both have both parents still going good their mid 70's but dont know how they would go if they caught this... mine are in Ireland so I cant even get back to bury them if this shit gets them :(
And yet here is a different opinion... @safreek doesn't count as he hates 29ers and anything cool.... :p Basically if you can afford to have a parent at home, or have a vulnerable person at home and it's what makes you feel comfortable then go for it.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-20/coronavirus-covid-should-kids-go-to-school/12071336

safreek

And yet here is a different opinion... @safreek doesn't count as he hates 29ers and anything cool.... :p Basically if you can afford to have a parent at home, or have a vulnerable person at home and it's what makes you feel comfortable then go for it.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-20/coronavirus-covid-should-kids-go-to-school/12071336
@DMan, 29 will never be cool, maybe 27 but for sure 26.
Can't expect @moorey to back me up on that, I hear he is going 29r, possibly ebike. And I thought he was one of the cool kids.
I would take all his orange frames off his hands but forklifts are expensive to hire

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
My kid goes to kindy four days and we need it to stay open. We can't afford to have one of us home, especially with my missus being 12 weeks pregnant, we need all the leave possible for when she's due.

Her mum and stepdad are the conspiracy type, they've been loving all of this, did the panic buying early and love to take that 'told you so' approach. They took their 6 year old out of school this week, to be fair that little wuss is home as much as he's at school anyway, but I just got home from work and they were here. If you're going to go pulling him out of school, stay the fuck home.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
@DMan, 29 will never be cool, maybe 27 but for sure 26.
Can't expect @moorey to back me up on that, I hear he is going 29r, possibly ebike. And I thought he was one of the cool kids.
I would take all his orange frames off his hands but forklifts are expensive to hire
What are you going to do when 29 becomes retro/ vintage?? Surely it's fake news about @moorey.... Until I see it on the stove it didn't happen

gippyz

Likes Dirt
I resisted against hoarding essential supplies since the virus outbreak was announced. Just thought it is immoral to do so. Now I'm paying the price as I'm out of beers and there are too many people in Aldi stores for me to safely come in to just buy a case of the beautiful german or austrian beers (if there are still any). What has life come to..

Meanwhile in Netherlands...people were panic buying....well weeds.. LoL!
https://www.traveller.com.au/corona...n-the-netherlands-are-panicbuying-weed-h1mnd4

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Doesn't your washing machine filter clog up with all the corn kernels and carrot bits? Asking for a mate.
I can't afford that kind of luxury! Do you know hard it is to get your hands on a frozen magic mix bag at the moment? I'll probably ever know peas corn and carrot again.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie

“We know everyone is overleveraged, full bore, full risk,” he said. “All we were waiting for was a trigger and unfortunately that has come in the form of a health crisis.”

Both he and Coote cited the example of the Australian airline Virgin Australia, which has seen its market value more than halve this year to $500m while still saddled with $5bn of debt, which it will need to roll over. “No one in their right mind is going to lend Virgin Australia money,” Coote said.
Anyone else here see VA rising from the ashes?