COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've been booked for a month now, first booked for early next month and 2nd already booked.

I made the mistake of trusting our idiot government at least had some kind of handle on the supply of vaccines and decided to initially wait thinking there were more important people who should have the chance to get done sooner (I'm working from home, wife cant work at all). So my initial little wait to avoid the rush has resulted in much longer than I anticipated but only a week or so to go now.

I just hope they are actually organised enough to actually fill the pre-bookings by then.
Thought about changing the booking to AZ, but didn't want to stuff around an already struggling rollout.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I note the premier of Vic was asked yesterday how many of the cases were from people doing the wrong thing ie not following restrictions and those that have caught it in essential workplaces.. He didn’t have an answer neither did Weinmar.. But they did offer up the “tone” of the case types.. All very much it’s “the vibe” from the castle..
Sutton already said people had spread it to mutiple others and never knew they had it until someone near them got symptomatic.. Pretty hard to blame people for spreading a disease within their households if they don’t even know they have it..

Covid doesn’t just infect people doing the wrong thing.. It would be very helpful for all us doing our best for the gov to be transparent about covidiots vs people at the wrong place at the wrong time..
I agree with the sentiment, but not sure it'd really help anything except the paper sales

70% Dudley do-rights = "government admits lockdown innefective"

70% covidiots = "government fails to police lockdowns"

Meanwhile we all sit here angry at the other camp that's keeping us locked down, and the lockdown continues on its merry way because the alternative is to overwhelm the health system.

I'm curious too btw, but given what I've seen I'd still say the majority is at the very least the "ooops I forgot my mask" all the way to "you can't make me wear a mask on my sovereign face".

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Have you seen the recent studies on AZ? In the UK hosptial admissions due to covid was twice as low for AZ vaxxed compared to pfizer..
Your definitely not getting an inferior vax..
Shhhhh, I'm still lording my superior Pfizer jab over the wife's peasant grade AZ one

dazz

Downhill Dazz
I booked in for AZ before Pfizer became available to my age group (my booking is for late September). I'll ask about Pfizer on the day but ultimately I don't mind getting AZ. Husband is getting AZ next week.
ABC has reported that all existing bookings for AZ will be offered Pfizer when you go in, if that's your preference.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Have you seen the recent studies on AZ? In the UK hosptial admissions due to covid was twice as low for AZ vaxxed compared to pfizer..
Your definitely not getting an inferior vax..
I haven't seen the recent studies, but I had heard that Pfizer wears off in about 6 months and AZ is longer lasting.
As long as the information for symptoms for serious side effects are clear (I'm told they are), then I'm fine with it.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I haven't seen the recent studies, but I had heard that Pfizer wears off in about 6 months and AZ is longer lasting.
As long as the information for symptoms for serious side effects are clear (I'm told they are), then I'm fine with it.
My understanding was more that the Pfizer was at more or less the same level as the AZ in 6 months, as in its initial better protection is negated quicker but mid-long term they both do the same thing.

It's all pointless arguing anyway, Moderna is going to flog the both of them

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Got my second Pfizer yesterday. Have a slight headache and a dead arm so far but that's about all. Only got a dead arm from the first shot

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
My understanding was more that the Pfizer was at more or less the same level as the AZ in 6 months, as in its initial better protection is negated quicker but mid-long term they both do the same thing.

It's all pointless arguing anyway, Moderna is going to flog the both of them

Indeed, either/any Covid vaccine is better than none.
I think I've said it before, I can see this being a yearly/seasonal thing much like the influenza vaccine.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Because of Pfizer?
I'd say because of ScoMo...not which Vax.

Yes, just became eligible (16-39)

Cant get a booking before November.
Damn that's some fuck up. You better not delay scomo's desire for me to have a holiday!!!

Makes the "hesitancy" narrative seem like a bit of a crock when demand skyrockets like that huh?

This is something that has been grinding me like a horny dog. The shift...not acceptance of responsibility, just blame shift. If shifting blame is the go to, how are they going to solve this shit storm? Slowly...very very slowly.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I agree with the sentiment, but not sure it'd really help anything except the paper sales

70% Dudley do-rights = "government admits lockdown innefective"

70% covidiots = "government fails to police lockdowns"

Meanwhile we all sit here angry at the other camp that's keeping us locked down, and the lockdown continues on its merry way because the alternative is to overwhelm the health system.

I'm curious too btw, but given what I've seen I'd still say the majority is at the very least the "ooops I forgot my mask" all the way to "you can't make me wear a mask on my sovereign face".

No not really that, more so it would inform the public on why certain restrictions are in place. It would also hold them to account for those decisions..

At the moment the gov can do as it wishes without any scrutiny, and imo that is a bad place to be in.. Imagine if we flipped it around in vic and we had the libs or palmer or shooters and fishers in gov and they had unfettered powers? I certainly would want to know the evidence for their decisions..

LPG

likes thicc birds
Yeesh.
I mean work wise....it's not feasible for most at this point. Not without a ton of other big infrastructure and societal changes.
4/4 definitely works for some folk but I think it would be extremely impractical for the majority of people. The first big hurdle would be schools. Are they on a 4/4 system too? If so you’ll need twice as many teachers to cover the split classes.
If not then there’s day-care child-minding etc. to be considered as working parents are going to find it harder to sync their work hours with being there for the kids.

Other work fronts require 100% capacity (or close to it) when they’re in operation. Splitting and spreading the load isn’t always possible, particularly in jobs that have times of abnormal peak activity (agricultural harvests, power station shutdowns etc)

As for basing it on postcode, that’s entirely unfeasible. People tend to live near where they work so you’ve got an automatic imbalance there.

In rural areas, entire towns often share the same postcode as well so there’s a big spanner in the works as it’s going to force local services to be open for as many as 4 days a week!
The post code thing was tongue in cheek dig at the government bungling anything they touch. Probably wasn't ridiculous enough (particularly with our current leadership)

I'm not saying it should be done across the board (not that I would be against that, but I can't see it happening). I'm thinking it could be done for essential businesses that need to stay open including my work (maintaining and manufacturing mechanical gear for various industries including critical infrastructure).

It's frustrating that so little planning was put into place in the last 18 months. Surely by now we could have had classified essential businesses and mmd given them safe work rules to minimise transmission and then allowed them 3 months to raise issues with rules that would come with a safe work method statement for how they were going to to allow them to operate as safely as possible. Instead we have a 2 tier system, 1 that needs to close, the other that can stay open and run as usual with the exception of masks.

I don't expect this to happen, government is far from proactive enough. NSW took about a moth to even figure out that they needed to put out guidelines as to who is essential! That should have been a 30 minute job copying and reviewing Victoria's list!