COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Then people use the ‘died WITH Covid’ argument and claim the numbers are falsely reported because they don’t match the infection numbers. It’s a snake eating it’s tail.
When the numbers drop and hospital system is at breaking point, there will be 1000's running about with not much more than a sniffle killing off the old.
The elderly and vulnerable in Ireland have basically locked themselves away while the country parties like it never happened.
Not even a mask in sight.

PJO

in me vL comy
I’m expecting a dip for NSW today then an explosion mid week.
I'm predicting somewhere in the 1100s

EDIT: hope I'm wrong at it is lower and keeps going down, but it is still following exponential growth and nothing the government it doing seems to be changing that trajectory

moorey

call me Mia
I'm predicting somewhere in the 1100s

EDIT: hope I'm wrong at it is lower and keeps going down, but it is still following exponential growth and nothing the government it doing seems to be changing that trajectory
I'm only going low because at least in Vic, it due to low testing Sundays. Certainly not expecting real numbers to drop :(

Reactions: PJO

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
hope I'm wrong at it is lower and keeps going down, but it is still following exponential growth and the government seems to be doing nothing to change that trajectory
FIFY

Fingers crossed the wave breaks in NSW, but doesn't seem like it's going to huh..

Reactions: PJO

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I haven't seen a mtb trail in months! Going to have to break out the plyboard this weekend methink?

What are you folks without access doing?

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What are you folks without access doing?
eating. and trying to not start drinking.

regular week my getaway is the gym. sucks that they're closed but its necessary. for some reason it really got me down when someone down the street has a home gym. not sure why - i dont want one,. I like the separation of home and gym when i work from home most days anyway. just feels shit knowing im going backwards when there is an option but one i dont want to go to.

Same for riding, i can go out the door and do laps around olympic park on the road bike, but it doesnt feel like the separation of getting out on some trails which are only 20 minutes drive away. hence ive barely ridden anywhere in any form. did about 250km in the first 3 weeks of lockdown and about 30 in the last 5, and that all in family outings. keep trying to get the kids to finish school at 3 so we can hit the bmx track as its packed on weekends but it hasnt happened yet

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
In the UK/Ireland is different, there was/is so many people that have had it, if you suspect you got the vid. You DONT go to get tested, you lock the doors and stay the f%#k at home.

They know its rife out there in the community and are not trying to isolate it, people get it, know they have it, stay at home for 2 weeks then carry on. Some register that they had it, some dont.

Its near impossible to get a face 2 face Doctors appointment, most stuff is looked after over the phone and prescriptions are given over the phone.

The actual case numbers are pretty constant but the hospital admissions and deaths go up.

Interestingly since this started, here are the cases and deaths in both states that have had it the worst.

In Vic, 22k cases and 820 died, so about a 50:1 of those who had it, died.

NSW, overtaken Vic by a few thousand but nowhere near the deaths. Is this because of the demographic, testing numbers or length of time it drew out for ? Were there 1000's of Victorians that had it and never got tested or reported it ? Dunno...

New South Wales24,585143
Victoria21,926820

PJO

in me vL comy
In the UK/Ireland is different, there was/is so many people that have had it, if you suspect you got the vid. You DONT go to get tested, you lock the doors and stay the f%#k at home.

They know its rife out there in the community and are not trying to isolate it, people get it, know they have it, stay at home for 2 weeks then carry on. Some register that they had it, some dont.

Its near impossible to get a face 2 face Doctors appointment, most stuff is looked after over the phone and prescriptions are given over the phone.

The actual case numbers are pretty constant but the hospital admissions and deaths go up.

Interestingly since this started, here are the cases and deaths in both states that have had it the worst.

In Vic, 22k cases and 820 died, so about a 50:1 of those who had it, died.

NSW, overtaken Vic by a few thousand but nowhere near the deaths. Is this because of the demographic, testing numbers or length of time it drew out for ? Were there 1000's of Victorians that had it and never got tested or reported it ? Dunno...

New South Wales24,585143
Victoria21,926820
Reckon case mix plays a big part in the different death rates. The vaccine is having some sway over that, the older age groups with the highest vaccination uptake are also those that are most likely to be seriously affected.