COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
^^ definitely - it will be madness and as our government doesn’t understand quarantine it will be rampant - however “ we will be all in it together “

And yes , I really wanna go to Tassie for mtb, my desires are small and manageable !

Flow-Rider

Burner
I’m of the opinion that as soon as people are given the green light to travel , it will on like donkey Kong - so much pent up ’travel - needs ‘ .
even at present how many grey gonads ( tm @Dales Cannon ) are ‘ isolating in FNQ and WA - I unfortunately have to deal with some of them , super entitled dicks doesn’t come close .
however m there are those who have saved fro 18 months, and have been away from family or Bintang on the beach - doesn’t matter , they are going on a plane ‘somewhere ‘

ps - vax passport or not
pps - ramblings of old person .
They showed a few flogs in the news stuck at the state border, crying that they had bought a new house in Qld but weren't allowed to cross the border.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sorry but it's this sort of attitude that sticks in my craw.

Nobody is gallivanting off overseas on holidays for shits and giggles. People have been stuck overseas since the outset or they've had to travel for compassionate reasons or for work - Ozzybmx was just telling us all yesterday about how many nurses we've imported to Australia from Ireland just to help manage our health care system. The agricultural industry that puts food on your table is reliant on migrant workers who are on special visas. Merchant shipping and aviation both require people to fly in and out of the country for crew changes and for urgent repair and maintenance work

People just sit there and think that shit just magically appears on their doorstep when they order it or that their supermarket and pharmacy shelves are kept stacked and supplied by mystical fairies but the fact is we are part of a massive global supply chain and that requires people to travel across borders.

I'd also spare a thought for the thousands of people who are reliant on overseas tourism for their livelihoods. Domestic tourism has helped ease the pain in some instances but it's nowhere near enough to cover the shortfall. Same goes for the education sector which WAS the largest employment sector in Victoria thanks to overseas students.
If you're not affected by all this then good for you. You're in a fortunate position and fair play to you but if you're then going to be critical of the people who are, you really need to think about just who is acting 'entitled'
You know that's not what I'm referring too. Still plenty of unnecessary travel going on.
Yes there will always have to be some.

Don't worry, I spare a thought for people finding it difficult to work.
My wife works in Gym's, how to you think that's been going for the last 18 months! Pretty fucked actually.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
That would have been pretty fucked. I thought emergency stuff continued to be done, but elective was put on hold. At least that's how I think it was here on NSW.

I know one person who has for pure recreation. As unbelievable as it is they seemingly had no trouble getting out of here and hopping around a few places with minimal quarantine requirements and luxury resorts.

There was also the family that went "fuck it" and travelled in either the last few weeks before or first few weeks of the outbreak lockdown here to attend a wedding but then had great difficulty in getting home. They made for good news stories. Or I imagined the story.

My micro tourism business has certainly not flourished! And is not so transferable to a domestic scenario.

Agriculture is only reliant on migrant workers on special visas because they don't feel the need to pay a fair and reasonable wage and the government supports them in that endeavour. I guess when the pm doesn't think Australia has ever had slaves, you kind of expect it.
Like you wouldn’t be complaining if they started charging $5 a banana.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They showed a few flogs in the news stuck at the state border, crying that they had bought a new house in Qld but weren't allowed to cross the border.
Yes , without going too deep .
I had a resident of Victoria , purchase a new vehicle in NSW , and then go to QLD to pick up new caravan ……
there was an issue with vehicle , when challenged on the “ need to travel from a state in lockdown to another state in lockdown and then ‘ cross the border “
I was meet with “ fuck off , none of your business “
my response is when …. If … you can return to your home state , we can have a discussion on assistance … deadshit .

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
You know that's not what I'm referring too. Still plenty of unnecessary travel going on.

My wife works in Gym's, how to you think that's been going for the last 18 months! Pretty fucked actually.
So you're still smashing the local hilly roads, and now you have a 24/7 gym instructor at your house!?! How fit do you need to be man! :p

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches

But whose doing all this unnecessary travel? Seriously. where’s the evidence?
There seems to be a lot of anecdotal “oh I read about a guy who went over to Bali last week or there’s a lad down the pub who knows a family who just got back from Disneyworld” bollocks along with the occasional newscorp click-bait story which I lay about as much faith in as I do that their typical stories of single mums with 8 kids, getting $120,000 years in benefits is somehow representative of the entire Australian welfare system.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There seems to be a lot of anecdotal “oh I read about a guy who went over to Bali last week or there’s a lad down the pub who knows a family who just got back from Disneyworld” bollocks along with the occasional newscorp click-bait story which I lay about as much faith in as I do that their typical stories of single mums with 8 kids, getting $120,000 years in benefits is somehow representative of the entire Australian welfare system.
Do you even instagram!

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius

Billy Houstan from fvarking hillsong... he and his wife managed to somehow get the fvark out of this kuntry to spread the mission of prosperity - just before they NSW police asked that kvnt to show up to court....

apparently peter Im a kvnt dutton thought it was a grand idea to let this fvck stick to leave the country with his wife.

edit : the last post was so much much more sweary..... f*ck this prick and his wife.
Expect Nicole Kidman in hong kong level of quarrantine.

You've no money..

s

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Meh...I've paid that sort of crazy price before and tomatoes are currently $10+ (for the shit you'd normally feed the chooks) a kilo here. I already avoid poultry from a local producer here well known for their exploitation of various visas for foreign workers to fill an apparent skills shortage I've ranted about the Australian man on the land mythology before and I stand by it. Sure there are still farmers out there going it alone and putting it all on the line, but mega agribusiness is the big organised force behind petitioning the government. That and Tom, fucking Tom...one of my besties from school's father. Fuck me was he the epitome of "cry cry cry...nobody knows what it's like on the land" as he slid into his MG to go for a Sunday drive and send his kids to an expensive private school.

Regional employers can't expect a workforce to trade in their less regional slightly comfortable life style with genuine employment opportunities for below award and intermittent wages that can be cut off at any moment. I can't imagine many people would be doing the FIFO grind for that kind of shit. They hold a striking similarity to hospitality employers who bitch about not being able to find or retain staff while only offering a 2 hours a week part time job where you must be available all weekend...just on case. But those arseholes are a whole other issue.

My travel fund is going towards a camper trailer and heading to Germany in a couple of years.
This must be some magical camper trailer!!!

Billy Houstan from fvarking hillsong... he and his wife managed to somehow get the fvark out of this kuntry to spread the mission of prosperity - just before they NSW police asked that kvnt to show up to court....

apparently peter Im a kvnt dutton thought it was a grand idea to let this fvck stick to leave the country with his wife
And I'll bet those useless cunts won't freeze that arsehole of arseholes' assets here either. They should be forzen, siezed, sold, and funds used to compensate the victims of his father and his horrendous behaviour. Then the rest used to fund getting his arse extradited back here or returned via less formal methods. There'd still be change...probably enough to solve climate change.

dazz

Downhill Dazz
Wouldn't happen. The primary produces are largely price takers, not price setters. When it's cheaper for the big chain supermarkets to import produce from overseas, then that's what they buy. The local produce would rot where it grows. How good is deregulation?

(edit for on topic) wow, this covid thing is still pretty shit hey.