Confessions from the fuckwits

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Do you bother with warranty or just put up with it as a rear?
Took one back to the shop but have otherwise just put up with it - one was secondhand unused so couldn't get it replaced. Dissectors seem to be more commonly wonky, but that may be biased as i've run them a lot.

Have they been tight to fit?
No more than usual i'd say. Minion SS was tiiight, but that was a DH casing, and was installing with a Rimpact Pro V2 (aka, a frustrating time already).

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Took one back to the shop but have otherwise just put up with it - one was secondhand unused so couldn't get it replaced. Dissectors seem to be more commonly wonky, but that may be biased as i've run them a lot.
They are terrible lately. Not so much for me but my boys could ruin a brand new one, first ride... and have done so many times.

No one ever admitted how they f#%ked them but fat whips landing still hung out is what I suspect.

Expensive tyres that not fit for purpose.

Still got a few here to use up but gone to Vittoria and Schwalbe.

nathanm

Eats Squid
wasn't that loud, shot off through the garage like a bottle rocket though, considering essentially that's what it was. I now understand why it's recommended to drape a blanket over the bottle when using it.
I should also admit, so people really understand my fuckwittery, I did previously pump it to 65psi upon which is started hissing like a boiling tea kettle warning me something was wrong, after which it dramatically blew a hose off the bottle lid.

As a Class A fuckwit I refitted the hose more securely and proceeded to try for 80psi. At 60psi it again started hissing, warning me to quit whilst ahead. At 75psi the bottle lid thankfully fractured (not the bottle itself) sending the contraption exploding across the garage floor.

LPG

likes thicc birds
I thought I was going to have a trip to this thread after changing over to a new gas bottle for the BBQ yesterday, probably like a higher consequence version of the above. Trying to turn on the gas it was so tight I had to find my big pair of multigrips to loosen it and I'm more often the one asked to open stuff. I was scared shitless that the core was going to unscrew/break and send the tap and LPG Into my face.

Fortunately it worked out ok and the right bit unscrewed but fuck knows how it got so tight. Maybe heat difference from filling and closing causing it?

nathanm

Eats Squid
I thought I was going to have a trip to this thread after changing over to a new gas bottle for the BBQ yesterday, probably like a higher consequence version of the above. Trying to turn on the gas it was so tight I had to find my big pair of multigrips to loosen it and I'm more often the one asked to open stuff. I was scared shitless that the core was going to unscrew/break and send the tap and LPG Into my face.

Fortunately it worked out ok and the right bit unscrewed but fuck knows how it got so tight. Maybe heat difference from filling and closing causing it?
You'd think with that user name you would know better

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again

I used to work at a petrol station as a 16 year old kid and part of my job was filling bbq gas bottles when people brought them in. I used to hate it when the bleed screw would come all the way out and it felt like my fingers were going to freeze as gas pissed out and i tried to get the bleed grub screw back in.

All while also trying to fill up cars with petrol or getting asked by an elderly person the check the water in the radiator of their old kingswood without being warned they just drove 2 hours and worked up a shit-tonne of heat and pressure in the radiator…

Thankfully no fuckwit moments from those days.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
^^ Reminds me of a tale from my sister about one of her classmates at high school who worked part-time at a servo. Said dude for some daft reason had a lit death-stick in his hand while pumping go-juice, and not entirely surprisingly blew his hand up. Incidentally his name was Brett, and over many years it's happened that almost every Brett I've ever met has been a fuckwit in some way......

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Someone I know, not a burner, decided to use their bbq without a regulator and just shoved the hose into the bottle’s POL thread opening and hoped for the best.

Quite a few years later I’m asking why the 8.5kg LPG bottle has burn marks all around the protection ring/handle and hear the story. Sheesh

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Someone I know, not a burner, decided to use their bbq without a regulator and just shoved the hose into the bottle’s POL thread opening and hoped for the best.

Quite a few years later I’m asking why the 8.5kg LPG bottle has burn marks all around the protection ring/handle and hear the story. Sheesh
I hosted a BBQ years ago with mates from work including a few of the Japanese engineers. All went well until one pissed aussie decided if a splash of beer was good then two stubbles would be better. At the same time another pissed aussie decided to pour more oil on the onions. Many flames. BBQ on fire. I got back to see the whole thing engulfed. Someone was dragging the BBQ out into the yard, food going everywhere. Luckily I was sober and shut the gas bottle off. All good. Was a good feed including the Japanese guys fishing fresh yellowbelly out of the dam and creating decent sushi.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Lucky they were able to tell the story.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just as an example of how loose (fuckwit) thinks used to get in the camp grounds of MotoGP, I was walking back from the entertainment area to find someone had thrown a gas bottle onto a camp fire. Luckily all it did was create enough pressure to trigger the relief valve and was shooting a 20 foot flame throw into the sky!
I had a new respect for gas bottle safety after that lol.

LPG

likes thicc birds
Just as an example of how loose (fuckwit) thinks used to get in the camp grounds of MotoGP, I was walking back from the entertainment area to find someone had thrown a gas bottle onto a camp fire. Luckily all it did was create enough pressure to trigger the relief valve and was shooting a 20 foot flame throw into the sky!
I'm thinking how lucky it is that it was standing upright. On its side it could have gone firing off in any and all directions burning everything as it bounced off shit.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
i remember doing dumb shit as a kid like this on a slightly smaller scale - crumbled sparklers and hairspray cans or soda bulbs. Had a scary miss that almost saw a mates head hit with soda bulb shrapnel. That was the last time we fucked around like that. Age 12?