Black Dogs and mental shit in general

crash3

Likes Dirt
Went to the funeral of a school mate who committed suicide yesterday, he was only 33.
A talented musician, personal trainer, friend, son and brother. From the outside it looked like he had a great life

Make sure you take care of yourselves and be kind to those around you, you really don't know what someone might be dealing with.

crash3

Likes Dirt
Well that's shit mate. Hard enough going to funerals without that.
Hope people are okay - you included.
Thanks Indica.
I'm doing ok, haven't spoken to him since high school, but still upsetting.
His poor family though, I can't imagine losing a son or brother at that age, particularly to suicide.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Obviously not recommending anyone else do this but I just took some of my daughter's ADHD medication and fucking hell, I feel like I'm wearing one of those weighted blankets but around my brain (in a good way).

I'm getting far fewer jumbled thoughts and there's a bit more clarity and focus. Oh and I suddenly realise that I have work to do and it's not five minutes to deadline!

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Obviously not recommending anyone else do this but I just took some of my daughter's ADHD medication and fucking hell, I feel like I'm wearing one of those weighted blankets but around my brain (in a good way).

I'm getting far fewer jumbled thoughts and there's a bit more clarity and focus. Oh and I suddenly realise that I have work to do and it's not five minutes to deadline!
Not a good idea in the slightest and potentially dangerous.
Probably worth going to your doc and maybe chasing a diagnosis though if it’s having a positive effect

Rorschach

So is riding down a hill at 40kph yet here we are!

Again, I was just sharing my experience, not advocating anyone else do the same.
The difference is you don’t need a prescription to ride down a hill.
Riding down the hill is Panadol, anyone can take it.

Taking someone else’s meds is the Tour de France, invite only.

Rorschach

You should follow it up in case there is something better for you. I have been listening to too many Jo Rogan podcast and now I want to try schrooms.
I would like to give microdosing a try, seems interesting. No Rogan pods here though

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Psychedelic adventures...mmmmm. it has been a long time.

One of the kids I went to school with used to on sell his ADHD meds. Apparently they gave off a bit of a kick when you crunched enough of them...I found them uninteresting.

Jabubu

The difference is you don’t need a prescription to ride down a hill.
Riding down the hill is Panadol, anyone can take it.

Taking someone else’s meds is the Tour de France, invite only.
Again, I'm not here to advocate so kindly take your sanctimony somewhere else.

Jabubu

Yet you post on a public forum and don’t expect people to have an opinion? What else did you expect.
While I appreciate your concern for my welfare, I am aware of the risks involved.

The second line of your original post is sound though and will be following up for some professional advice.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

How long have you been taking it for?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Today only, just wanted to see how it would feel.
And how long does it take for the medicine to take effect? The one person I know on medication for ADHD says it takes about 4 days for their meds to start working (they normally take them regularly, but ran out for a week and a bit a couple of months back).

Jabubu

And how long does it take for the medicine to take effect? The one person I know on medication for ADHD says it takes about 4 days for their meds to start working (they normally take them regularly, but ran out for a week and a bit a couple of months back).
About half an hour! I did observe that about an hour after the calmness set in, my body felt a bit on edge but my brain was still able to focus well. I'd say the whole thing wore off around 7pm.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I get that it was an experiment but please get diagnosed properly. What you do with your joystick is entirely up to you but please do not continue to experiment without some form of medical support.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
The last week & a half or so I've been on a bit of an emotional yoyo; the various aspects have individually been covered in other threads but have conspired to coincide into a bit of a mental shitstorm.

First up, and on the positive side, things fell into place for me to be able to commit to sailing in a World Championship regatta on almost home waters. It's been on the radar for five years, but after my shipmate who got me onto this thing moved interstate for work & left me with the boat, and then not being able to get a long-term crew, for the last two years the goal had seemingly been slipping away. I'd stayed in touch with my mate, kept the option open for him to come back for it, and he managed to get the time off to do the regatta, split me half of the entry fee, so We Are On!! :D

Then a couple of days later when I was just chilling at home & listening to some music, a song came up that hit some emotional triggers & got me thinking about & missing my ex-cabbage (those who've read my tale in the "Women Etc" thread will get the reference...), and that got me down a bit.

Another few days later the news came through that a workmate had lost his battle with cancer after only four or five months, and then yesterday we held a minute's silence at work timed to coincide with his cremation, so a few low points.

But again I've got this little Worlds thing in a few months, so there's the Thing to focus on until then. :)