All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
i had a similar issue with a cassette. I took a thin piece of plastic (from an old binder or the bottom on a woolies reusable shopping bag) and made a ~1mm spacer that went onto the freehub before putting on the cassette.

If you have an XD cassette maybe put on the cassette, then the spacer, then the lock ring.

When tightening down the lock ring the spacer helped to keep everything in place.

Use two spacers or thicker plastic if one is not enough. Just an idea. You may need to adjust your shifting ever so slightly. Good luck
I have stopped it creaking by basically soaking the whole cassette in wicking loctite but it's on my gravel-adventure bike, last thing I want is for the cassette to fail and come apart.
If it was HG, the locking ring would hold it all on but XD is anchored from the inside.
I have a Mawson (part) planned for this year, I need reliable.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
That’s them, the silver with black 46.
It shifts loudly…and nothing I could do would quite tune it perfectly. Other people tolerate it, but I’m a fussy cuss. You’re welcome to try mine out.
Cheers mate. Might be worth a try before i buy. I’ll PM

Ackland

chats d'élevage
They are an awesome card. I got mine back in 2012-13 for a trip back to Ireland, back when the great loophole existed, which they closed in 2014... but after giving us notice.

If you loaded your card into the positive, eg 28Degrees owes me $5000, you could lift that cash overseas with no international fee, no money changing fees, no cash forwarding fee... it was sensational.

Still no International transaction fees or money changing fees on foreign purchases :)
We get all of this through an ing direct debit account

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock

Minlak

custom titis
For the people following along at home -
Seller message - Friend send the item back
Me - I am not paying to send it back
Seller Its free do this (Request refund choose return item get label))
Me - I can't request refund as you would not reply to messages I opened a PayPal dispute and now my order is in "Frozen Orders"
Seller -

PayPal - I logged in and had a message to send them tracking number by 11-02-22 or they will find in favour of the seller
Me - cancel dispute - they ask for reasons why - I wrote that the complete lack of communication as you are unable to send emails to my email address nominated in my account - You do NOT actually offer BUYER protection anymore you always side with the seller if it is a corporation of any kind - You offer no level of protection so do not see any value in using your service.

Me - Closes PayPal account
PayPal - Please tell us why your closing account
Me - You no longer offer buyer protections so I see no value in your service
PayPal - If you close the account just open another one if you need us again - Lol

I know that none of them care in anyway shape or form but I don't have to spend time thinking about it anymore and I felt better just having it gone.

*EDIT- Just looked and Ali Express have removed the Frozen Order Status but I can't send it back anyway as I no longer have the PayPal for the refund or the desire to deal with it.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
If there was ever a 'proof is in the pudding' purchase :p

JBL Flip 5 red from AE at $35. They are $149 for the Flip 5 at JB-Hifi.

JBL Flip Essential grey from JB-Hifi ~$100

The red one is actually bigger than the grey but the photo doesn't show it.

As suspected... FAKE.

But at $35 vs $149 and for working outside at the shack, its an ok buy.

Sound is a lot more tinny and the base quality and clarity on the real speaker is a lot better, not too bad at lower volume but the sound difference is very noticeable at full volume.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bought these for my kids bike to replace the SR suntour pogo stick thing. Straight steerer, QR, air spring, rebound control - $177 landed. Seem fine. Have a feeling they actually may be off-brand low end manitou

View attachment 386239
I would be curious, if you're able, to see whether there are actual bushings in the lower legs.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Bought these for my kids bike to replace the SR suntour pogo stick thing. Straight steerer, QR, air spring, rebound control - $177 landed. Seem fine. Have a feeling they actually may be off-brand low end manitou

View attachment 386239
I think they're some type of SR fork with that rebound dampener, you need to look inside the lower legs and see if they're bushed or run straight on the casting, a lot of the cheaper forks end up wearing through the stantion coating or they develop play in the bushing area.

I would be curious, if you're able, to see whether there are actual bushings in the lower legs.
Beat me to it.

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
Bought these for my kids bike to replace
Look identical to the ones I brought a year or two back. Great for a little while but then they'd gunk up as they wear through the stantion. A service would make em ridable for a few rides but then back to no good. Your mileage may vary as they were getting ridden pretty hard, so light duties may work. The factory grease was pretty ordinary so an early service and replacing with better lube/grease may help. When they worked they were pretty good tho. Hopefully you have better luck than me

EDIT - they didn't develop play as such, they just gum up as the material would wear and jam the travel

I think they're some type of SR fork with that rebound dampener, you need to look inside the lower legs and see if they're bushed or run straight on the casting, a lot of the cheaper forks end up wearing through the stantion coating or they develop play in the bushing area.

Beat me to it.
This product is not used in China MTB riders, China is currently only one brand is recognized by the Chinese MTB riders, other brands of forks are not very good quality

moorey

call me Mia
With XX1 price difference of 2 times, the quality is okay, the general rider and training should be enough to use
More than 2x. But my 11sp version was unusable for me. I’m fussy AF with shifting, couldn’t stomach it. Lent it to @yuley95, awaiting his verdict. I might just be too precious.