All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
The one-piece we speak of is a cassette machine out of one piece of alu/steel.

The one you have is the exact same riveted together XD 9-42 that ZTTO sent me and had the loose rivets and the rings moved around.

Hope your is tight... mine seemed to be a one off going on others here.

View attachment 385673
You can probably put a steel packer behind the rivet and use a hammer and punch to tighten the rivets up.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Ah...so it is. Yes, riveted. Well, it will go on the bike tomorrow anyway for some testing. Cheers.
I could move my cogs with the cassette on the bench.

This is an unlisted video I posted here and sent to AliExpress for a refund. The sent me 50% back :rolleyes:

ozzybmx

You can probably put a steel packer behind the rivet and use a hammer and punch to tighten the rivets up.
The packer might work... I wont try and centre punch it again without a packer ;)

EDIT: In my defence and lucky escaped visit to the fuckwits thread, because the rings are riveted in layers, I cant access the back of the loose ones.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
They do a 10-42 XD in one piece.

Check for a cheaper advert, this is the first I found.

Worth noting the 10-42 XD was about $30 more than the 11-42 HG when I looked, which was why I went for HG as the top end speed didn't really matter and I had the freehubs to accommodate.

I want a 9-42. It’s nitpicking, but makes all the difference to me. Cheers.

Minlak

custom titis
Well looks like my love affair with Ali-Express is over and I will also be closing my PayPal account :(
*So PayPal say great news all I have to do is return the items for a full refund - Already could have done that but freight is almost the cost of the item
*Refund only becomes available once AliPay confirm my item has been received
*PayPal decided that 5 days ago but they send the emails to the original PayPal email not the current email I have in the system
So if I didn't log in going mmm wonder what's happening would never have known
I only use PayPal as an added layer of protection in case something goes wrong - If they are no longer that layer then no point having them - Yes I know that also means no E-Bay but I am only mostly buying stuff I don't need anyway its just whimsical stuff.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Well looks like my love affair with Ali-Express is over and I will also be closing my PayPal account :(
*So PayPal say great news all I have to do is return the items for a full refund - Already could have done that but freight is almost the cost of the item
*Refund only becomes available once AliPay confirm my item has been received
*PayPal decided that 5 days ago but they send the emails to the original PayPal email not the current email I have in the system
So if I didn't log in going mmm wonder what's happening would never have known
I only use PayPal as an added layer of protection in case something goes wrong - If they are no longer that layer then no point having them - Yes I know that also means no E-Bay but I am only mostly buying stuff I don't need anyway its just whimsical stuff.
That's a really shit "resolution". Is it due to the dispute being AliExpress?
I've had to do a couple of PP disputes from eBay purchases and it was ruled in my favour. Other times I've messaged the seller and they might offer a partial refund.
I'm still waiting on the final ruling for my current Ali dispute. Though I'm not sure why it's taking so long, the item wasn't sent and I want my money back.

Minlak

custom titis
That's a really shit "resolution". Is it due to the dispute being AliExpress?
I've had to do a couple of PP disputes from eBay purchases and it was ruled in my favour. Other times I've messaged the seller and they might offer a partial refund.
I'm still waiting on the final ruling for my current Ali dispute. Though I'm not sure why it's taking so long, the item wasn't sent and I want my money back.
When ever I have had a dispute (Not many) PayPal had my back - Having said that E-Bay sellers you contact them and they are usually like "How can I fix this!" - AliExpress 3 complaints so far each time the seller askes for photos and replies one or 2 times then just stops - they were trivial amounts so didn't care but this last one whilst only $50 was an item I actually cared was ok - Contacted seller same bullshit stops replying - could not see an option to dispute outside of seller so told PayPal - When I lodged with PayPal I got a text from PayPal we got you we have opened the dispute - that was the last and only text - my email in their system is my current email but all discourse has been going to the original email address so heard nothing for weeks.
I really think it is purely that AliExpress is involved and as usual there will be overlords that must be placated by PayPal - So no point having it anymore - and I use it as the main payment type thinking I was covered as the buyer.
If I got back to AliExpress this transaction is "Frozen" and have no options at all to do anything with it - And in reality AliExpress sellers if they get a bad rep don't care they just open a new business and go again.

Last edited:

ozzybmx

Thats a shit one.

As I said a few pages back about Ail dealing with stuff better when you say you haven't received it. Same goes for PayPal.

Then if both play the fckn joker on you, contact your CC company and they will ask PayPal to prove their client (you) actually received the item, which they cant, taking the shit decision making away from them scamming chunts and getting a refund on you CC... takes 3 months though.

Just make sure you always pay by CC through PayPal, not bank account or in funds that you have sitting in PayPal.

I have literally been stung on 3 occasions by PayPal to the total of $2.5k.

They are scamming, thieving chunts... but I cant really do without them playing middleman on purchases.

Minlak

custom titis
Thats a shit one.

As I said a few pages back about Ail dealing with stuff better when you say you haven't received it. Same goes for PayPal.

Then if both play the fckn joker on you, contact your CC company and they will ask PayPal to prove their client (you) actually received the item, which they cant, taking the shit decision making away from them scamming chunts and getting a refund on you CC... takes 3 months though.

Just make sure you always pay by CC through PayPal, not bank account or in funds that you have sitting in PayPal.

I have literally been stung on 3 occasions by PayPal to the total of $2.5k.

They are scamming, thieving chunts... but I cant really do without them playing middleman on purchases.
I used to sell some Ebay stuff from time to time and when PayPal changed to 6 mth buyer protection I stopped as they always sided with the buyer - If i sell stuff now it is direct deposit or go away I wont sell to you. Happy to provide ph number and have a real conversation with any buyer that has doubt - Like when I sold bikes interstate to buyers - I had not really needed them until now as had been buying mainly off real life shops. but there is nothing I can do with out from any of those places currently - Will get one of the 28degree CC's I think

ozzybmx

Will get one of the 28degree CC's I think
They are an awesome card. I got mine back in 2012-13 for a trip back to Ireland, back when the great loophole existed, which they closed in 2014... but after giving us notice.

If you loaded your card into the positive, eg 28Degrees owes me $5000, you could lift that cash overseas with no international fee, no money changing fees, no cash forwarding fee... it was sensational.

Still no International transaction fees or money changing fees on foreign purchases :)

coarselanguagw

Likes Dirt
I could move my cogs with the cassette on the bench.
i had a similar issue with a cassette. I took a thin piece of plastic (from an old binder or the bottom on a woolies reusable shopping bag) and made a ~1mm spacer that went onto the freehub before putting on the cassette.

If you have an XD cassette maybe put on the cassette, then the spacer, then the lock ring.

When tightening down the lock ring the spacer helped to keep everything in place.

Use two spacers or thicker plastic if one is not enough. Just an idea. You may need to adjust your shifting ever so slightly. Good luck