All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Why don't you use the system Ali has in place? Claiming on paypal will just taint your rating on Ali and they will more than likely award disputes to the seller. I've been using them since 2014 and have had every claim fully refunded except 1, and that was a carbon frame that turned up with the hanger broken, and they refunded the price of the hanger which is fair.
Because the dispute button is not available with that order. I tried to find it when I realised the order hadn't been sent but couldn't see it, hence why I went with PP dispute instead. It's possible it was frozen before I lodged a dispute with PP but I didn't notice as I'm not as familiar with AE order pages.
How does a PP dispute taint AE rating?

Flow-Rider

Burner
Because the dispute button is not available with that order. I tried to find it when I realised the order hadn't been sent but couldn't see it, hence why I went with PP dispute instead. It's possible it was frozen before I lodged a dispute with PP but I didn't notice as I'm not as familiar with AE order pages.
How does a PP dispute taint AE rating?
You're trying to refund or block a payment through PP, Ali has its own system, they hand the payment over to the vendor once you've clicked " conformation received", or after a period of receiving mailing conformation that the item arrived, or you don't put in a complaint before the time of expected maximum time delivery lapses.

They changed the refund system a few years and I don't have any active orders to check, but I think you'll find that you'll have to wait till the end of the delivery time, for the dispute option to show up or go through the automated EVA at the bottom of the page for a separate complaint. What I've done in the past, is contact the seller if the order hasn't been sent and if the seller doesn't respond with what I want to hear, I screenshot that and send it with the complaint, but I haven't needed to complain about no shipment for years.

Last edited:

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
You're trying to refund or block a payment through PP, Ali has its own system, they hand the payment over to the vendor once you've clicked " conformation received", or after a period of receiving mailing conformation that the item arrived, or you don't put in a complaint before the time of expected maxim time delivery lapses.

They changed the refund system a few years and I don't have any active orders to check, but I think you'll find that you'll have to wait till the end of the delivery time, for the dispute option to show up or go through the automated EVA at the bottom of the page for a separate complaint. What I've done in the past, is contact the seller if the order hasn't been sent and if the seller doesn't respond with what I want to hear, I screenshot that and send it with the complaint, but I haven't needed to complain about no shipment for years.

View attachment 385527
Thanks! That should help me for next time :)

coarselanguagw

Likes Dirt
So I have had this truing stand for a months now after ordering it in Sept last year. I went for the one with all the bells and whistles (in the form of guages) $282 delivered. I think that this is easily the most expensive thing I have ordered from aliexpress.

I wanted to hold off posting about this stand in case anything went wrong after some use but it has been great. I purchased this after being unable to find any local stock of even the basic to mid range stands from park tool, etc..
In hindsight I didn't really need the guages. Before buying I did see some youtube videos which discussed this stand which helped ease my mind.

Here is the link
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001807508965.html

As a side note, it's been great reading this thread after starting it quite some time ago. I really like that everyone is posting pics and links as well which makes is soo much easier for others to get the same thing.
After reading through the thread I have also ordered (hasn't arrived yet); more frame tape, pipe foam for internal cables, derailleur hanger, bearing press, rear hub, brake pads and more.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
A weird one.

For a few years now I have been using a wheely foot stool or a paint can to sit on when putting my MTB shoes on.

Down in my laundry, we all have a cupboard each, we have a drying rack for gloves and airing knee pads and a helmet rack with about 10-12 helmets hung on it, all our pairs of shoes are either airing or in a cupboard.

The only thing that is amiss is the stupid wheely stool kicking around and getting in the way.

Been looking at these for a while but its always $35+ for postage.

$8 postage :)

My flip down seat has been knocked back by the seller.

He says he can't complete the sale and asked me to cancel it.

Has added $9 more to the price if the item and $8 more to the shipping price and will still ship to me in Australia :mad:

Ackland

chats d'élevage

Has added $9 more to the price if the item and $8 more to the shipping price and will still ship to me in Australia :mad:
Isn't the sale a contract?
I guess trying to communicate that to someone on another continent is a pointless exercise...

Is the seat not worth another $17?

ozzybmx

Isn't the sale a contract?
I guess trying to communicate that to someone on another continent is a pointless exercise...

Is the seat not worth another $17?
Pointless arguing IMO.

Yeah might order again with another seller when the transaction is completed. Available on eBay too.

Similar from Bunnings is $$$.

Flow-Rider

Burner

Make him refund the order, it will affect your rating.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Damn... didnt know that, I cancelled order :(
Maybe they don't know how to use the Ali system to refund? They usually just end the order and refund the money when there are issues from their part. Their ordering system keeps on changing, too, buyer-protection used to be as low as 40 days years ago, most likely because of covid, now most are 75 days.

Last edited:

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just ordered (amongst other shit ;)) one of the SROAD cassettes, 11spd 11-42 for my gravel/adventure bike.

This one has no structural rivets unlike my ZTTO fail.

I just did the same, gambling on 11-46 ZTTO for the gravel bike Doesn't shift quite as crisply as previous Sram Cassette, but nothing that can't be attributed to having to wind the B-screw all the way in to clear the 46t. How it lasts will be the real test!

Visually looks to be of relatively good quality. One piece rather than separate cogs like the cheap Sram cassette it replaced will hopefully mean it doesnt chew out the the HG driver.

ozzybmx

I just did the same, gambling on 11-46 ZTTO for the gravel bike Doesn't shift quite as crisply as previous Sram Cassette, but nothing that can't be attributed to having to wind the B-screw all the way in to clear the 46t.
I bought a cheap ZTTO and the rivets were loose, so the cogs moved and creaked. Ali not much help with the 50% refund.

Giving the one-piece cassette a go, didn't want to push the boundaries on max cog size as my GRX derailleur says 42t maximum and I have a 32t front single cog so 42t is plenty.

Hopefully the one-piece cassettes go alright :)

moorey

call me Mia
Do they do a one piece XD 9-42? I haven't spotted one yet.
I don't like the 9-46, and 42 is plenty for me anyway.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I just did the same, gambling on 11-46 ZTTO for the gravel bike Doesn't shift quite as crisply as previous Sram Cassette, but nothing that can't be attributed to having to wind the B-screw all the way in to clear the 46t. How it lasts will be the real test!

Visually looks to be of relatively good quality. One piece rather than separate cogs like the cheap Sram cassette it replaced will hopefully mean it doesnt chew out the the HG driver.
It's hard to do on the dirt, but it would be interesting to see, a money to cassette brand comparison between a ztto and a top brand. Maybe someone that commutes the same route to work year in and year out can do it.

"Visually, looks to be of relatively good quality." Presentation of products is one thing Chinese are good at, even packaging. Top brands like shimano spend a lot of effort and money on the engineering side of metallurgy production of bulk parts, which they like to keep in house.

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Giving the one-piece cassette a go, didn't want to push the boundaries on max cog size as my GRX derailleur says 42t maximum and I have a 32t front single cog so 42t is plenty.
I'm really pushing the boundaries - 46t front, with 46t in the rear on Sram Force 1. Chain is probably way too tight, but seems to still work ok for now.

It's hard to do on the dirt, but it would be interesting to see, a money to cassette brand comparison between a ztto and a top brand. Maybe someone that commutes the same route to work year in and year out can do it.
It's on my commuter which does approx 20km a day, so should be able to keep reasonable track of it. Pretty light duties with no real hills. Previous PG1130 Cassette and KMC X11 chain had been on it since 2016.

ozzybmx

They do a 10-42 XD in one piece.

Check for a cheaper advert, this is the first I found.

Worth noting the 10-42 XD was about $30 more than the 11-42 HG when I looked, which was why I went for HG as the top end speed didn't really matter and I had the freehubs to accommodate.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This turned up in the post today. It's a one piece XD 9-42. I am pretty sure you posted the link to me. I can try to find it if you like.

ozzybmx

This turned up in the post today. It's a one piece XD 9-42. I am pretty sure you posted the link to me. I can try to find it if you like.
The one-piece we speak of is a cassette machine out of one piece of alu/steel.

The one you have is the exact same riveted together XD 9-42 that ZTTO sent me and had the loose rivets and the rings moved around.

Hope your is tight... mine seemed to be a one off going on others here.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The one-piece we speak of is a cassette machine out of one piece of alu/steel.

The one you have is the exact same riveted together XD 9-42 that ZTTO sent me and had the loose rivets and the rings moved around.

Hope your is tight... mine seemed to be a one off going on others here.

View attachment 385673
Ah...so it is. Yes, riveted. Well, it will go on the bike tomorrow anyway for some testing. Cheers.