All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
Went to buy some stuff from AliExpress but the new send verification code slider all written in Chinese put me off - assuming it's all good but was having a low risk day

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
So Ali decided that the seller sending me the cheaper 11-40t cassette was worth a $27 refund :D

I could have bought the 11-40t for $74

Instead opted for the 11-42t at $137, so ultimately it cost me $110 so far with the $27 refund.

Ali now frozen my complete 2/2/22 order as a charge back has been filed.

I have sent all the shit to PayPal and have requested a further $60 to keep the cassette I didn't want and is of no use to me.

Have also said to PayPal that I am in this for the long game and will contact my CC Company if they don't fix this.

We'll see how it goes.

moorey

call me Mia
So Ali decided that the seller sending me the cheaper 11-40t cassette was worth a $27 refund :D

I could have bought the 11-40t for $74

Instead opted for the 11-42t at $137, so ultimately it cost me $110 so far with the $27 refund.

Ali now frozen my complete 2/2/22 order as a charge back has been filed.

I have sent all the shit to PayPal and have requested a further $60 to keep the cassette I didn't want and is of no use to me.

Have also said to PayPal that I am in this for the long game and will contact my CC Company if they don't fix this.

We'll see how it goes.
Thank fuck your canyon spacers don’t creak.

ozzybmx

Hope it gets sorted out. Worst case you could flip the unneeded cassette?
Might do but not at this time. I have a Mawson trail trip coming up and if I cannot get a 42t by then, I'll have to use the 40t.

Currently got the ZTTO with the lose cogs fitted and don't trust it.

Coopz

Likes Dirt
Hmm..After 20+ purchases from Ali I've had my first hurdle. Set of alloy handlebars I apparently signed for on Thursday have been delivered. I didn't receive anything though... Seller replied in Chingrish that he'll look into it as I'm a dear friend. Not liking the possible outcome from this...
Quote my own post but it arrived yesterday. Not sure what happened. Courier dropped it off, all happy happy joy joy. Glitch in the matrix or something.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
Am curious, how much axle sticking out on drive side for endcap to slide onto? Also, how is centrelock disc alignment to caliper when in the frame?
Cassette was already on so couldnt remove end cap.
Drive side axle sits 10mm in from end of cap
Non drive side approx 17.5mm
Disc seems to be pretty far outboard but ok.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click

RRSkit Cageless Bottle Engineered with Neodymium Magnets 550ml, $25

At a fraction of the cost of a true Fidlock bottle I was willing to give this a go.

The bottle has the word "magic" written on it. Can confirm it is not magical at all.
It seems to hold in place very well, though I haven't tested it beyond the shitty gravel rutted tracks they call "shared paths" in my area.
I have to get used to the action of returning it to the magnets while riding. I can take it off while on the move no problem, but putting it back results in much swearing and almost dropping the damn thing.
It doesn't leak, which is nice.
It doesn't have a cover for the...what is it called? The teet? The nozzle? The water exit bit? That's a bit of a downer.

For the price and fit on a small frame, ace, Will buy again.

moorey

call me Mia

RRSkit Cageless Bottle Engineered with Neodymium Magnets 550ml, $25

At a fraction of the cost of a true Fidlock bottle I was willing to give this a go.

The bottle has the word "magic" written on it. Can confirm it is not magical at all.
It seems to hold in place very well, though I haven't tested it beyond the shitty gravel rutted tracks they call "shared paths" in my area.
I have to get used to the action of returning it to the magnets while riding. I can take it off while on the move no problem, but putting it back results in much swearing and almost dropping the damn thing.
It doesn't leak, which is nice.
It doesn't have a cover for the...what is it called? The teet? The nozzle? The water exit bit? That's a bit of a downer.

For the price and fit on a small frame, ace, Will buy again.
Nice. Might try one for the lesser used bikes.
Personally, I don’t have trouble returning my Fidlocks to their mount…though I rarely drink on the fly.
Only one of my Fiddy’s has a cover over the nozzle anyway…and it doesn’t keep shit out anyway.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Anyone sourced spokes from AE?

Seems to be a lot of pillar models available and DT Swiss CX rays are cheap as

ozzybmx

Anyone sourced spokes from AE?

Seems to be a lot of pillar models available and DT Swiss CX rays are cheap as
They are cheap enough from BikeComponents, Bike24 and the likes thats it not worth the fake gamble on something so critical (for me anyway)

The last thing I'd want is broken spokes and a full set to rebuild.

I've had a few shitters from Ali lately.

Still ordering stuff though ;)