All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

slowmick

38-39"
No need for sad face @slowmick
Ive got bikes to ride and it’s something to look forward to.
How’s the Prevelo going??
At least you have the eccentric which you can ride in all weather conditions if you are keen.

Prevelo is in the garage - will come out on the 16th as a 4.5 birthday present. As an only our daughter is pretty spoiled so we figured she'd get a new bike for some event/reason.

Jpez

Down on the left!
At least you have the eccentric which you can ride in all weather conditions if you are keen.

Prevelo is in the garage - will come out on the 16th as a 4.5 birthday present. As an only our daughter is pretty spoiled so we figured she'd get a new bike for some event/reason.
Ahhh I know that trauma! All you want to do is buy all sorts of stuff (bikes) for your kid but you have to hold back lest they become spoilt turds. I usually stick to it but with bikes all bets are off.

moorey

call me Mia
BTW, can confirm that the hope x12 adapters from XD sram drivers fit inside the lockring of the 2 ZTTO cassettes.
Was half expecting to have to shave a little off them, like the one someone had posted up pic up of after GooGling a few weeks ago.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Garbaruk wins on weight handily then, it's only 295ish grams. Are all the bottom 10 gears CNC'ed steel on that?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Weights are in.
Thats pretty good at 262g, guessing it was a ZTTO SL ?

A possible option to replace the wrecking crews cassettes in the future, one is currently on a 12spd Sunrace XC and the other on a 12spd NX which is normal Shimano spline.

moorey

call me Mia
Thats pretty good at 262g, guessing it was a ZTTO SL ?

A possible option to replace the wrecking crews cassettes in the future, one is currently on a 12spd Sunrace XC and the other on a 12spd NX which is normal Shimano spline.
362. Who’s on the coke now?

moorey

call me Mia
Report on the cheaper, heavier 9-42.

Slight odd quirk.

Fitted beautifully. Less hassle than the multi-part Sunrace XD.
Shifts beautifully on the stand and on short test.
Indexing seems perfect. No hesitation, no slightly out of tune bits anywhere through the range. Perfect in both 9 and 42.

But,...

in the 9t, the chain JUST jams on dropouts by a bees dick on the alpine. Chain has always run super close with both SRAM and shimano cassettes. Sat a 0.5mm washer between the Hope huh DS adapter and the frame, perfect.
Played with H adjuster, with the washer both in and our. Chain either doesn’t drop cleanly onto the 9t, or jams without washer if it does.
Must just be a bees dick wider overall, not enough to effect the shifting in any way.
Washer in, H/L set, goes like a top.

Will try it on a different frame. Don’t reckon it will happen. Testing it out on a big ride in the morning.

If it works well, will definitely buy more for the wife and Quinn’s analogue bike in the future, and do a longer term test on this daily rider.

Another small thing I’d never noticed on sram cassettes on Hope hubs, the XD will slip on in any point of the keys. This has one fatter notch, like HG freehubs do, and I’d never noticed the Hope driver has the same marching notch that has to line up, unlike sram cassettes.

moorey

call me Mia
In my minds eye...but it’s dark outside...I reckon the cassette isn’t pulled on all the way. I didn’t want to over tighten a cassette of unknown quality. Another 1/2 turn would probably do it. Dare I?

Edit. I don’t dare. Well torqued. Putting it down to tolerances being a bees dick out, and the orange frame being intolerable.

Last edited:

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Forgot to mention earlier, I can report that the 'Fovno' 60t ratchet aintnofarkengoodatall. Installed with a light coating of proper DT Special Grease, made it through 4 rides, started skipping/spinning on me up the climb to Shearpin at Derby last weekend. Was expecting it to fail so had the original 36t in the pack to swap in on the spot thankfully.

Curiously, it seems to have had most of the damage done on the outside of the teeth. Edit: Think I just figured out why that is - when meshed together the outside of the teeth fit nice and snug, but the inside has a noticeable gap & the teeth are barely touching. The mating surfaces seem to be angled slightly inwards

Last edited:

PJO

in me vL comy
Forgot to mention earlier, I can report that the 'Fovno' 60t ratchet aintnofarkengoodatall. Installed with a light coating of proper DT Special Grease, made it through 4 rides, started skipping/spinning on me up the climb to Shearpin at Derby last weekend. Was expecting it to fail so had the original 36t in the pack to swap in on the spot thankfully.

Curiously, it seems to have had most of the damage done on the outside of the teeth. Edit: Think I just figured out why that is - when meshed together the outside of the teeth fit nice and snug, but the inside has a noticeable gap & the teeth are barely touching. The mating surfaces seem to be angled slightly inwards

View attachment 376177
Looks like it's made from brass, would explain a lot.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I can report that the 'Fovno' 60t ratchet aintnofarkengoodatall.
Thats no good, I have 120km on mine with no issues yet.

I used Finish Line wet lube instead of the DT Grease.

Nearly 5.5k views on my video :oops:

Carrying the original 18t just in case. If it fails, I'll grab another DT 54t.