All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

moorey

call me Mia

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
More rides in on the heavy ZTTO 9-42 cassettes. <<snippety>> Either way I’ll be getting more.
AliExpress 4 lyfe....... I knew you would be on board full Ali sooner or later :)

Just don't search for massage appliances on AliExpress and you will be fine. It doesn't work out well.
Es ist verboten, danke....

moorey

call me Mia
AliExpress 4 lyfe....... I knew you would be on board full Ali sooner or later :)

Just don't search for massage appliances on AliExpress and you will be fine. It doesn't work out well.
I use Wish for massage gear.
These came in under 10 days both times. Still wouldn’t but big brand stuff off there probably.
Just wait til he tries the Di2
I’ll be waiting til he pays for his own gear.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Maybe the cleats will be ok but I will stick with the original pedals.
I was keen to try for a couple of pineapples. But not after that photo. I think I'll stick to grabbing some XC6 or XC8s from ze Germans. Maybe the speciales if I can stomach the cost (€167) :oops:

Would prefer my pedals to bend (not snap) if they fail. I have ripped a cleat clean out of my shoe before (bad shoe - no watt bombs here) and it almost threw me into traffic.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I was keen to try for a couple of pineapples. But not after that photo. I think I'll stick to grabbing some XC6 or XC8s from ze Germans. Maybe the speciales if I can stomach the cost (€167) :oops:

Would prefer my pedals to bend (not snap) if they fail. I have ripped a cleat clean out of my shoe before (bad shoe - no watt bombs here) and it almost threw me into traffic.
Yeah that's a bit crap. I have 5 busted TIME pedals down in the spares for rebuilding others, all damaged in different ways, cages tore off, bent cages, caved in plastic... never seen one with that bit snapped right off before.

Interestingly on ali, they blanked out the ATAC which is visible on this one.

Grabbed a set of the Speciale 8's about 2 yrs ago just after they were released, I reckon a better job than the 12's as the cage is not as big, so less chance of a pedal strike. Well built pedals compared to the composite TIMEs but heavier.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Getting a few orders ready to do a PayPal payment on tonight, going to pull the pin on these CHIME pedals.

I have a set of XC8s here with a bent spindle, if the pedals are copies at least I get a set of ripped off cleats and Ti spindles to get them working again. The XC2's are around $50 anyway so not much more.

Emu1

Likes Bikes
Been away from here for quite some time so I'm a little late to the party with this thread.
I have over 40 orders with Aliexpress since Jan 2019 and for the most part have been fairly happy with the outcome. There have been a couple of failures, buyers to avoid and those I'll recommend.

In general I would look for sellers with a satisfaction rating over 95% and be reluctant to buy from ones lower than that.

In general the ZTTO stuff seems to be well made and I have found the ZITTO Official Store the best on price and service.
Miscellaneous brake spares I get from Kingstop Cycling World
Can recommend 0086 Bike Store
As already mentioned 007 Bike Store comes highly recommended by those over at Chinertown. Don't forget to check out their components section for specific parts / suppliers reviews as well.

Have had both a BXT carbon hardtail for the boy and a Tantan FM10 for me no real complaints about either.

Fovno stuff doesn't seem to last very long from what I have read so I would avoid that

I would avoid buying from Hatoo Cycling 3 orders with them early in the piece, no issues with the first 2 but problems with the 3rd, a crankset for the boy. The wrong brand showed up, the wrong colour combo showed up. Reached a settlement through the Aliexpress dispute process so was happy with the outcome. I notice their rating has now slipped to about 90%. The cranks sent were branded as Deckas and after a year and half of abuse from a teenager this just happened to them so I probably couldn't recommend that brand either. To be fair, they started life on, and outlasted, a Felt Decree carbon frame for him, (click the link for the story on that failure), then a Giant Reign for about a year, which he outgrew, and had recently migrated to a Transition Patrol before failing. I should also note that he now spends more time airborne than most of the Qantas fleet currently does so I have no real complaints about that failure. The minimal price difference between these "unbranded" cranks and SRAM SX now has me going to branded cranks.

Edit: Corrected spelling of Deckas

Last edited:

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Been away from here for quite some time so I'm a little late to the party with this thread.
I have over 40 orders with Aliexpress since Jan 2019 and for the most part have been fairly happy with the outcome. There have been a couple of failures, buyers to avoid and those I'll recommend.

In general I would look for sellers with a satisfaction rating over 95% and be reluctant to buy from ones lower than that.

In general the ZTTO stuff seems to be well made and I have found the ZITTO Official Store the best on price and service.
Miscellaneous brake spares I get from Kingstop Cycling World
Can recommend 0086 Bike Store
As already mentioned 007 Bike Store comes highly recommended by those over at Chinertown. Don't forget to check out their components section for specific parts / suppliers reviews as well.

Have had both a BXT carbon hardtail for the boy and a Tantan FM10 for me no real complaints about either.

Fovno stuff doesn't seem to last very long from what I have read so I would avoid that

I would avoid buying from Hatoo Cycling 3 orders with them early in the piece, no issues with the first 2 but problems with the 3rd, a crankset for the boy. The wrong brand showed up, the wrong colour combo showed up. Reached a settlement through the Aliexpress dispute process so was happy with the outcome. I notice their rating has now slipped to about 90%. The cranks sent were branded as Deckas and after a year and half of abuse from a teenager this just happened to them so I probably couldn't recommend that brand either. To be fair, they started life on, and outlasted, a Felt Decree carbon frame for him, (click the link for the story on that failure), then a Giant Reign for about a year, which he outgrew, and had recently migrated to a Transition Patrol before failing. I should also note that he now spends more time airborne than most of the Qantas fleet currently does so I have no real complaints about that failure. The minimal price difference between these "unbranded" cranks and SRAM SX now has me going to branded cranks.

View attachment 379290

Edit: Corrected spelling of Deckas
That is flat out impressive! Obviously measures his power output in horsepower instead of watts?

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk