Search results

1. born-again-biker

Cassette experiences...?

Anyone have long term experience with e.Thirteen cassettes? Shift quality? Reliability? User friendly for home mechanics? (some internets are not flattering...) Anyone have long term experience with Garbaruk cassettes? Shift quality? Reliability? User friendly for home mechanics? ....and any...
  2. born-again-biker

Cherry farkin' Mristmas!

I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow. Merry Christmas! And I hope 2020 is as good or betterer. Hug your families, laugh, appreciate all the good things you have. (And if things are not so good right now, know that other people care...even if sometimes it doesn't seem like it) I look forward...
  3. born-again-biker

Charger Damper leaking...?

Should my Charger damper suck & squirt splash lube out of the small hole near the top?...or is it leaking damper fluid 'coz something is buggered? In the middle of a lower leg service on my Yari's tonight. Done many times before on RS products. While I was feckin' around cleaning & lubing the...
  4. born-again-biker

TAS SOLD SRAM Guide R complete set SOLD

SOLD SOLD SOLD Item: SRAM Guide R, F&R set Location: Launceston... But postable... Item Condition: Used, 12 months old, work perfectly, some cosmetic damage. Hoses & fittings are mint - no leaks. Reason for selling: Shimano Price and price conditions: You tell me? Extra Info: Fully sealed...
  5. born-again-biker

FOUND WTB SRAM shifter clamp

FOUND FOUND FOUND WTB: SRAM shifter bar clamp for 1x Eagle shifter Condition: new or used Price: You tell me Postage: I'll pay that too Location: I'm in Tasmania... But doesn't matter where you are. Also: Hopefully you have the bolt too...but not a deal breaker.
  6. born-again-biker

Need help choosing a new laptop

The brief: My old man needs a laptop for his work. He runs a residential construction company and needs something portable between the office & home. He asked me what to buy. I haven't looked in this space for a very long time....and I don't know much about Windows stuff. He has two desktops...
  7. born-again-biker

The 79er

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk
  8. born-again-biker

Entry level up-and-downy questions...

I'm helping a mate buy his first dually. I've offered all kinds of options....but it looks like he's gonna pull the trigger on either a Sight A2 (Fox) or a Remedy 7 (RockShox). He comes from an MX back ground and he can ride pretty hard/fast already. I think I'm gonna push him towards the...
  9. born-again-biker

Boozebud (hiccup)

If you like a drink, this site is deadly! www.boozebud.com Great prices, fast delivery. You can sit at home and browse the crafties without getting frostbite at the bottle-o. And you get cash credit back for your next order. Sometimes I take a few days to fill the basket (much like bike...
  10. born-again-biker

The flying forklift technique?

Watch any vid of a pro or a local shredder ripping down some single track and it's apparent they are often steering the bike with the rear axle as much as the front. This ability to pivot the rear wheel around and steer with your feet, is not something I've really mastered yet. So, how is it...
  11. born-again-biker

Chainsaw advice....

OK, need advice of a slightly diff kind...First time chainsaw purchase. We have a 4 acre block that currently has a few trees down over the fences. One of which is a decent sized lump of tree. There's a lot of large gums around the perimeter so I see history repeating each year.... I know Stihl...
  12. born-again-biker

Brand X dropper shaft diameter?

Need a favour... I'm making a nylon insert for my work stand jaws and I need a measurement. (bike is at home, I'm at work and won't be home for a few days) Could someone put their callipers across the shaft of a Brand X Ascend dropper post? I have tried Google, but all I get is the outer post...
  13. born-again-biker

WTB Rockshox shock tokens

Anyone got any Deluxe/Super deluxe bottomless spacers? (the funny shaped flat ones) Location: Launceston Price range/Willing to Pay: You tell me, but it's just a piece of plastic. Extra Info: I'll pay postage + small amount. Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk
  14. born-again-biker

The B-A-B Wagon Wheeler

So after a lot of delays and more waiting, my new whip finally arrived! Frame - 2019 Kona Process 153 Deluxe 29er (AL) (Size XL) Rear shock - RS Super Deluxe Front shock/fork - RS "Chari" (or "Yarger"?) 160mm Handlebars - Chromag OSX 35 (800mm ...for now....) Stem - Chromag HiFi 35 Headset -...
  15. born-again-biker

Our rotten healthcare system.

Can someone please explain to me how our healthcare system is NOT a complete and total scam? And how did we come to accept the structure and terms of the system over time? We must be on the wrong drugs. A case study: Daughter no. 1 needs small operation on her ears to remove fluid. It's not...
  16. born-again-biker

Frame protection....for alloy?

There's lots of info & products around for protecting carbon frames..... ....but what about alloy? Is it necessary?....or pedantic? Who's done it?....and why?
  17. born-again-biker

The Born Again Wagon Wheeler

So, I was gonna wait another month or two before doing this, but a couple of things have just happened that might force my hand. If you don't like 29ers then move along, nothing to see here. If you don't like analysing the fine details of each bike, move along NTSH. For everyone else, I need...
  18. born-again-biker

AvantiPlus/Scott experience...?

Anyone had any experience with warranty claims thru Avanti for a Scott bike? (good or bad) Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk
  19. born-again-biker

Fezzari La Sal

Researching my next bike purchase and came across this.... https://www.fezzari.com/lasal They definitely have my attention! Good v.f.m, boundary pushing geo, life-time warranty (but no aluminium option :() Travis Engel always writes a well considered, detailed review with a bit more than the...
  20. born-again-biker

TAS SOLD - Rear hub kit + disc adapter SLX - SOLD

Item: Shimano SLX rear hub + axle/skewer + center lock adapter kit Location: Launceston Item Condition: Brand new, never seen a trail. Reason for selling: Bought this stuff ages ago as a potential spare/upgrade, but have sold the bike. Price and price conditions: $60 for the lot Extra Info...