Search results

1. O

Startling moments on the trails

Bloody rabbits, they are in plague proportions where I ride. If I'm riding on dusk it can be quite distracting with the little fuckers darting in and out across the track in low light. I've glanced a few but never managed to nail one dead on. Man they can do some serious damage to the landscape...
  2. O

Olympics

Just last weekend I trotted out roughly 40km on my local rail trail, my average speed was about 20km/h, the only difference being I was on my bike...
  3. O

Olympics

I agree with a lot of these comments, its a lot of money to invest and I'm not really seeing what the benefit to the rest of the country is. I think the whole Olympic system needs a shake up, give it permanently to Greece and make it every 2 years instead of 4. Or even scrap the whole thing...
  4. O

The Great Australian Census

Agreed, to be honest I'm not real sure what the ABS expect to get out of it from the questions that were asked. Surely between all the Gov't agencies they already have that information about me. I can only assume it was just a way to get the data in one hit without having to collate it from the...
  5. O

Little Things You Love

Couldn't afford a front fence by the end of it?
  6. O

Little Things You Hate

Also speaking of dogs... A friend of mine was taking her dog for a walk last week. They have crossed the street opposite her house and her dog has stuck its head through a broken bit of fence. The dog on the other side wasn't too happy about that and has torn a large chunk out along the...
  7. O

The Great Australian Census

I don't see what the big deal is, it wouldn't be hard for a Gov't organsisation to just look at my wife's facebook page to see how many kids I have, how many cars I have, where I like to holiday, what sports I like, plus all the other online shit like internet banking, bill paying, shopping...
  8. O

roger rogerson - cop that you scum

I'm too young to remember much of his story throughout the 80's but I watched the Liz Hayes / Mick Drury interview the other night which was pretty interesting, sounds like Roger has had his finger in a lot of pies over the years, seems like a pretty fitting retirement home for the guy...
  9. O

How good is Auspost!

At work we always make sure to try and get on the good side with our couriers and throw them the odd box of booze at Christmas. We can usually hear them reversing up our driveway so one of us will always make an effort to run out and lend a hand rain, hail or shine even if it's just a single...
  10. O

Little Things You Hate

You win some, you lose some...
  11. O

Little Things You Hate

Man I'm with you on the hello/goodbye kiss too. I just end up doing some awkward hands on shoulder, ass stuck out, look away air kiss and generally look like a complete tard, or I start ducking and weaving like Muhammad Ali is about to land some quickfire jabs, I can't get that shit right. My...
  12. O

Specialized stumpjumper HT 29 help

I went from 3x to 1x about six months ago on my hardtail. My cassette was starting to look pretty worn so I thought I'd do the lot in one hit. I purchased a 30t narrow/wide chainring for about $40, replaced the cassette with the same 11/36t and a new chain, all up I roughly spent $130. But if...
  13. O

Murder or self defense?

This bit scares me, after seeing footage of paramedics and police trying to deal with ice affected people I'm not sure what you'd do if confronted by someone like that in your own home. Fine when there are 5 burly cops there to hold them down but it seems that you need to dish out a fair bit of...
  14. O

Murder or self defense?

Recently my boss woke at 2am hearing someone stumbling around at his front door, he is a pretty big guy and I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of whatever he dishes out. He went out the front door in his jocks all fired up ready to protect his wife/kid/house and he admitted he was ready...
  15. O

Water bottle , Bottle cage , under seat bag pouch and other dump questions .

I like to use metal bottle cages as you can bend them to fit any bottle shape. I float between using a pack with a water bladder to having everything strapped to the bike. It just depends on where and how long I ride and what the weather is going to be like.
  16. O

Learning to ride with flats

I've just changed to flats in the last 12 months and love it. My main reason to going to flats was for the convenience. I only have the one bike and got sick of having to put on spd shoes for just a spin to the shops or muck around with my kid at the park. It's a pain in the ass climbing a...
  17. O

Atheist's, what got you to your atheism?

GOD = Great O'Mighty Dollar Had a couple of local churches in my area go up for sale in the last few years, all original buildings, 1 owner... in the most prime locations, all sold for squillions of dollars. Think of the real estate these guys are sitting on. Then there's that Hillsong...
  18. O

Nah, Nana was still getting out of the chair to change the channel on their 40 year old Rank Arena, didn't quite grasp the interweb thingy. Mind you I hope when I'm in a nursing home bored off my tits that I will be able to sit there and rip the ears off it occasionally. Fake nana tits...
  19. O

I find it interesting that its still taught in public schools. My 7 year old daughter came home recently talking about Jesus / GOD etc asking if I believe in it all. She was quite taken back when I told her I thought it was a load of shite and that I only celebrate Festivus. So are you telling...
  20. O

Teetotalism

Add up how much your booze sessions cost over the year. The price of piss these days has probably made the choice for me. I can't justify spending $200 on a night out on the turps anymore, throw in food, cabs etc and it really adds up. Even paying $50 for a slab of beer goes against my tight...